• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Release of the Mueller report is imminent, AG Barr has in-hand, judiciary committees being briefed

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 41,186
  • Replies 723
  • Likes 5

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not liberal. I'm registered independent.

Ok, apologies for that then. Changing my registration to (I) is something I personally need to get to. Believe it or not, I'm registered (D) lol. Thirty-five years ago, when I first registered, that was certainly true of my positions and beliefs. But I've aged and the (D) party has lost its mind. Jack Kennedy wouldn't have anything to do with those commie weirdos.

Also, the "both sides are equal" argument is asinine and tribal.

That wasn't my point. It was more about corruption being universal and non-partisan, and a human constant. As common folk, we each select the platform that aligns with our personal policy beliefs .. but it should be with the knowledge and understanding that those who hold the offices of power will be skimming for themselves and perverting the system to their own ends while somewhat representing that platform. In that respect, both sides are equal and it will always be so. Human nature.

Trump and his administration are objectively bad and should be removed from power. It's not a bipartisan issue, this fucks over the whole country. Wake up, this isn't some petty "but your side" game where we fling shit at each other, Trump is OBJECTIVELY BAD. He lies, insults, rants, uses social media irresponsibly, is terrible at official meetings with other people of power. He's a fucking embarrassment to the entire goddamn country, liberals conservative or what the fuck ever you call yourself. Step outside your bubble and take in the swathes of direct, primary evidence of terrible conduct demonstrated by this fool. Nobody's perfect, especially not this pathetic excuse of a representative of 100's of MILLIONS of people.

On this we'll just have to disagree. And the fact that you think this tells me you haven't been around long enough to know what the hell you're talking about, and you're too impressionable. I'm looking around and see things mostly same or better than they were a few years ago.

Last edited by Hanafuda,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He TWEETS direct NUCLEAR THREATS targeting other countries. He rambles for many, many sentences without saying a single thing. He childishly insults other people, people of power, our ALLIES, in FRONT of them. He DENIES the proven climate change, promoting COAL, an EXTREME CATALYST of climate change. The White House had CENSORED official data on climate change. It's so fucking clear he's a step backward for ALL people of the world, let alone American citizens. He lifted sanctions against our ENEMY, the ENEMY that has been proven over and over again to be INFLUENCING OUR POLITICS. If you don't open your eyes, you'll blindly march off a cliff.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He TWEETS direct NUCLEAR THREATS targeting other countries. He rambles for many, many sentences without saying a single thing. He childishly insults other people, people of power, our ALLIES, in FRONT of them. He DENIES the proven climate change, promoting COAL, an EXTREME CATALYST of climate change. The White House had CENSORED official data on climate change. It's so fucking clear he's a step backward for ALL people of the world, let alone American citizens. He lifted sanctions against our ENEMY, the ENEMY that has been proven over and over again to be INFLUENCING OUR POLITICS. If you don't open your eyes, you'll blindly march off a cliff.

I think you're prone to hyperbole, but you just listed a lot of reasons why I'll be voting for him again. Not all, but a lot of them.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But I've aged and the (D) party has lost its mind. Jack Kennedy wouldn't have anything to do with those commie weirdos.
Dude, the party has grown considerably more centrist and tame since the days of FDR. Kennedy probably wouldn't have anything to do with Dems now only because they've conceded too much ground to the right-wing. At least the younger members of Congress are staying true to our progressive roots.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: IncredulousP

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
John Stewart also praises Trumps Justice Department for doing an excellent job at administering the program for 9/11 first responders. Something previous administrations didn’t address properly. Which the media ignores because all they want to report is only stuff that bashes Trump all day.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jon-stewart-shames-media-for-ignoring-911-first-responders

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I absolutely do. It's just that you're not saying what you mean. You're saying "media," but you mean to say, "24-hour TV news outlets," which is also something Stewart should've been more specific about.
Well he said media it could also be written media also. He bashed them for ignoring them in the previous years. This article is from last month. It took that long and Trumps administration to finally take care of first responders. This is something he’s been trying to get for years.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well he said media it could also be written media also. He bashed them for ignoring them in the previous years. This article is from last month. It took that long and Trumps administration to finally take care of first responders. This is something he’s been trying to get for years.
I feel like this is a half-truth and that if a bill was passed it was with mostly Democratic support. I don't care enough to do the research right now though, and this has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
How about some facts for a change?

List of people found guilty so far:

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-4.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-15.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-24.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-32.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-44.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-31-55.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-32-6.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-32-14.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-32-24.png

upload_2019-3-24_10-32-33.png

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ken-by-people-associated-with-trump-campaign/

Ongoing investigations against Trump
- Inaugural committee $107 million fraud
- Hush money investigation (stormy daniels)
- Obstruction of justice in russia investigation
- Illegal white house security clearances
- 2016 tax returns investigation
- Trump foundation investigation
- Moscow Trump tower project
- Sexual assault (Summer Zervos)
- Michael Cohen legal fee lawsuit

source: https://www.vox.com/2019/3/20/18241825/trump-investigations-sdny-inauguration-state-congress

I don't think most Americans realize how this looks from the outside. Take a guess :D
And of course the funniest part is, a large portion of people still think this guy is great and want him reelected.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

View attachment 161797
View attachment 161798
View attachment 161799
View attachment 161800
View attachment 161801
View attachment 161802

View attachment 161803
View attachment 161804
View attachment 161805
View attachment 161806

source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ken-by-people-associated-with-trump-campaign/

source: https://www.vox.com/2019/3/20/18241825/trump-investigations-sdny-inauguration-state-congress

I don't think most Americans realize how this looks from the outside. Take a guess :D
And of course the funniest part is, a large portion of people still think this guy is great and want him reelected.
I already know about those facts they been out for months. Those indictment have nothing to do with Russia collision, which is what the whole thing is about, and could’ve been handled seperatly from Muller by the justice system. If there was collusion muller would have indicted people for that but there was no charges of collusion right now.

I can tell you that the list is outdated because it has obstruction of justice in the investigation which has been confirmed yesterday there was no obstruction.

I don’t think much will come from the Stormy Daniels one.

And those other ones are ongoing investigations yet to be proven. There’s another one you can add to the list Trump lying about his wealth.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I look at the United States as the greatest country in the world with an excellent albeit stupid leader. Most of the indictments and charges won't ever go anywhere and the ones that do will probably be successfully defended by the president by the actions taken being "independent."

The Clinton foundation activity is much more sinister. Becoming a leader of such a nation would always require some sleight of hand, shifty tactics so you have to expect some level of deceit: they're politicians after all.

Best president I've seen in my life by a long shot. I'm jealous, we have a substitute drama teacher acting as our prime minister banning fossil fuels, killing off our main source of income.

Reactions: Likeinside

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

View attachment 161797
View attachment 161798
View attachment 161799
View attachment 161800
View attachment 161801
View attachment 161802

View attachment 161803
View attachment 161804
View attachment 161805
View attachment 161806

Some of those are bank fraud or identity theft. Crimes that individuals committed that have nothing to do with Trump or Russia. And could’ve been handled separately from Muller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I look at the United States as the greatest country in the world with an excellent albeit stupid leader. Most of the indictments and charges won't ever go anywhere and the ones that do will probably be successfully defended by the president by the actions taken being "independent."

The Clinton foundation activity is much more sinister. Becoming a leader of such a nation would always require some sleight of hand, shifty tactics so you have to expect some level of deceit: they're politicians after all.

Best president I've seen in my life by a long shot. I'm jealous, we have a substitute drama teacher acting as our prime minister banning fossil fuels, killing off our main source of income.

There is investigation right now for Clinton and Ukrainian Collusion.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I look at the United States as the greatest country in the world with an excellent albeit stupid leader.
If he's stupid, it precludes him from being an excellent leader. You can't be an excellent leader who defers to dictators.

I'm jealous, we have a substitute drama teacher acting as our prime minister banning fossil fuels, killing off our main source of income.
"I'm jealous that you guys have a leader who does nothing about the increasing frequency and severity of natural disasters in the US."

Oookay then. I'd gladly take gas at ten cents higher per gallon in exchange for leadership I can trust to handle things competently.

There is investigation right now for Clinton and Ukrainian Collusion.
LOOOOOL. Holy fuck. I swear to god that Hillary is going to live in every Republican's brain rent-free until they die.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If he's stupid, it precludes him from being an excellent leader. You can't be an excellent leader who defers to dictators.

"I'm jealous that you guys have a leader who does nothing about the increasing frequency and severity of natural disasters in the US."

Oookay then. I'd gladly take gas at ten cents higher per gallon in exchange for leadership I can trust to handle things competently.

LOOOOOL. Holy fuck. I swear to god that Hillary is going to live in every Republican's brain rent-free until they die.
Serious

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4491...ial-opens-investigation-alleged-ryan-saavedra

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The investigation is not being done by Americans it’s done by Ukrainians.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Oh, I thought you meant a US investigation. One that would actually matter. Ukraine opening an investigation into her kinda just proves the point that they don't like her.
Its an investigation into members of their own government boosting Hillary. They are looking into ties between Clinton and the Ukrainian government.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr