• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Release of the Mueller report is imminent, AG Barr has in-hand, judiciary committees being briefed

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 41,184
  • Replies 723
  • Likes 5

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had two years of the Liberal media slandering Trump over the fact he colluded with Russia and that this investigation would prove it. Where are the apologies now for lying to the public, the slander, the misleading and the fact they were, um, WRONG?!?

Now it's more personal attacks against Trump and "but, look what else the report has in it". However, I like an apology for two years of feeding the public bullshit conspiracy theories. Not that you're going to get a Liberal to tell you they were wrong ... That'll never happen.

Last edited by cots,
Reactions: the_leg and CORE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We had two years of the Liberal media slandering Trump over the fact he colluded with Russia and that this investigation would prove it. Where are the apologies now for lying to the public, the slander, the misleading and the fact they were, um, WRONG?!?
"HEY LIBERALS, you better apologize for this investigation which was started by Republicans, headed by Republicans, and targeted Republicans! And you better do it before anyone has the full Mueller report in-hand! I'm warning ya!"

Reactions: VartioArtel

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"HEY LIBERALS, you better apologize for this investigation which was started by Republicans, headed by Republicans, and targeted Republicans! And you better do it before anyone has the full Mueller report in-hand! I'm warning ya!"

Doesn't change the fact the Liberals were wrong. Side stepping my statement? Typical Liberal nonsense. You and the rest of your cronies were wrong. Dead simple. You were wrong. I will enjoy the satisfaction of the fact that you all made yourselves look like idiots for two years and now can't simply apologize for your bullshit. I'm reveling in it.

Reactions: CORE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't change the fact the Liberals were wrong.
Wrong about what exactly, buttercup? Every outlet I pay attention to just covered the events of the investigation as they unfolded. The Mueller report also doesn't state that there was "no collusion," only that there was insufficient evidence to indict for it. It states in no uncertain terms that Trump and his team were attempting to run constant interference in regard to the collusion investigation. Nothing about the report has Trump coming out of it smelling like roses, it's all damaging to different extents, and there will be further investigations as a result.

Enjoy your victory lap though, I honestly don't care. It's not like you're actually going to read the report, you'll just stay in your bubble of ignorance and hope nothing pointy gets too close.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'll sit back and watch the Liberals do what they do best and turn their hate machine onto the person they once praised due to the fact they can no longer use him. Basically, they are now going after Mueller. What a bunch of back stabbing cowards (that I must point out where WRONG about collusion). inb4 "but this, but that, (insert unrelated Trump hate here), but, what about, but, but, but". Hahaha!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now I'll sit back and watch the Liberals do what they do best and turn their hate machine onto the person they once praised due to the fact they can no longer use him. Basically, they are now going after Mueller.
Seriously, that's the line you're running with? Trump is the only one to attack Mueller as "treasonous" today. Thus it's the Republicans who are acting cutthroat toward their own.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Yikes, Trump is gonna give us no choice but to impeach him, he's really going off the rails now. He's accusing Mueller's team of treason, and vowing to "turn tables" on them. This a day after his victory strut of "total exoneration." Somebody must have read more of the report to him.
Now I'll sit back and watch the Liberals do what they do best and turn their hate machine onto the person they once praised due to the fact they can no longer use him. Basically, they are now going after Mueller. What a bunch of back stabbing cowards (that I must point out where WRONG about collusion). inb4 "but this, but that, (insert unrelated Trump hate here), but, what about, but, but, but". Hahaha!

So much projection. Like a lot of these people that keep defending Trump.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much projection. Like a lot of these people that keep defending Trump.

I'm not one to defend Trump either. I just dislike Liberals. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. You'd figure after two years of spreading rumors and lying that once you got proved to be wrong you'd apologize. Clearly, Liberals don't have that in them. No balls, no brains.

Seriously, that's the line you're running with? Trump is the only one to attack Mueller as "treasonous" today. Thus it's the Republicans who are acting cutthroat toward their own.

So no apology for being wrong?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So no apology for being wrong?
Are you going to apologize for that lie in your last post about Democrats attacking Mueller? I'm still in the dark about what exactly it is I'm meant to be apologizing for. Just to be clear: you're aware that I'm not the "liberal media" and not representative of it, right? :ha:

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going to apologize for that lie in your last post about Democrats attacking Mueller? I'm still in the dark about what exactly it is I'm meant to be apologizing for. Just to be clear: you're aware that I'm not the "liberal media" and not representative of it, right? :ha:

You clearly have Liberal standards (looking at your post history) and have been defending the Liberal media tooth and nail for their 2 year made up bullshit campaign. You mentioned after Barr gave his interpretation on the report that Congress needed to see it and now that they've seen it and there is agreement that there was no collusion that should solidify you concerns. Of course, now the Liberals are crying "We need the full report, who cares if it damages National Security". That's a separate issue that I haven't read you taking part in.

Anyway, when I'm WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING I apologize and move on. That's how a reputable man operates. If not it just goes to show what type of character a person has; you know, not being able to apologize for being wrong. Something both the Liberals and Trump should learn a lesson about. You know, going around spouting fantasies and acting like you can't be wrong doesn't work no matter what political affiliation you have. It just seems that it's acceptable to do if you're a Liberal. Gotta love those "floating standards".

Regardless, you were wrong about the collusion. Don't apologize. I didn't expect you to have enough integrity to do so to begin with.

Reactions: the_leg and CORE

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only good thing that came from this absolutely unecessary mess is seeing that one crazy reporter on CNN losing her mind. It was waste of time, money and beautiful showcase of why far-leftists are just bunch of mentaly ill people.
Between this and reaction of people to Trump's saying that he will consider releasing immigrants to sanctuary cities (hint for less bright people - that was not his actual plan) it seems that his already strong position just get better and there's huge chance that Trump 2020 will be a thing.
You people that hate Trump so much are losing because instead of focusing to make yourself look better, you just are directing low-level smear campaigns against him that just make you all look like frantic dumbasses.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You clearly have Liberal standards (looking at your post history) and have been defending the Liberal media tooth and nail for their 2 year made up bullshit campaign.
Again, what you call a "made up bullshit campaign," the rest of us call reporting on the relevant facts as they're made available. Your crusade seems to be less about pointing out specific inaccuracies as they occur, and more about attacking freedom of the press in general. Which is a suspiciously Trump-like behavior for someone who supposedly doesn't support the man.

You mentioned after Barr gave his interpretation on the report that Congress needed to see it and now that they've seen it and there is agreement that there was no collusion that should solidify you concerns.
Congress got the same redacted report as the public. It's only today that they've subpoenaed the full, unredacted report, and that's likely to take some time and face resistance from Barr. I'll meet you in the middle and say that there was no successful collusion according to the report, but nowhere does it say collusion was never attempted, and there's a lot of evidence to the contrary included.

you just are directing low-level smear campaigns against him that just make you all look like frantic dumbasses.
Oof. So when a thorough, by-the-books investigation headed by a Republican doesn't show quite the results you want it to, it's suddenly demoted to a "low-level smear campaign?" That confirmation bias runs deep.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: KingVamp

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, what you call a "made up bullshit campaign," the rest of us call reporting on the relevant facts as they're made available. Your crusade seems to be less about pointing out specific inaccuracies as they occur, and more about attacking freedom of the press in general. Which is a suspiciously Trump-like behavior for someone who supposedly doesn't support the man.

Congress got the same redacted report as the public. It's only today that they've subpoenaed the full, unredacted report, and that's likely to take some time and face resistance from Barr. I'll meet you in the middle and say that there was no successful collusion according to the report, but nowhere does it say collusion was never attempted, and there's a lot of evidence to the contrary included.

Facts? What facts? 2 years of posting stories on how Trump colluded with Russia with completely made up or opinion based arguments with mostly speculation based on a report, that when comes out, vindicates the person the Liberal media spent 2 years running over. Dude, you show it, the same symptoms. You'll go blue in the face before you admit you're wrong. That's fine. I understand the Liberal illness. Have a good night.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Facts? What facts? 2 years of posting stories on how Trump colluded with Russia with completely made up or opinion based arguments with mostly speculation based on a report, that when comes out, vindicates the person the Liberal media spent 2 years running over. Dude, you show it, the same symptoms. You'll go blue in the fact before you admit you're wrong. That's fine. I understand the Liberal illness. Have a good night.
You really can't be intellectually honest about this discussion without first reading the report yourself, or at least the highlights. All you're doing right now is regurgitating headlines from right-wing outlets instead of being willing to absorb the information you need to.

Last edited by Xzi,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to post anything until I had a chance to read the entire (redacted) report. Some key takeaways, since I've seen some misunderstandings:
  1. Trump seems to have obstructed justice.
  2. Whether or not Trump obstructed justice, the report was never going to rule that he did. It would be unfair to accuse a president of a crime if he can't be indicted, since Mueller believes a trial is the way for an accused person to fight an accusation.
  3. Mueller all but begged for his report to be used as template for impeachment or a tool to be used after Trump is no longer president, even citing statutes of limitations.
  4. There was no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, but the counterintelligence portion of the report, which includes but isn't limited to an investigation of whether or not people in the Trump campaign were compromised by Russia, isn't present.
  5. Mueller all but begged for Congress to pursue the counterintelligence report.
  6. Members of the Trump campaign appear to have attempted to conspire with Russia with regard to the 2016 election.
  7. Barr grossly misrepresented what was in the report, specifically with regard to obstruction.
If you haven't read the full report, I highly recommend it.

Edit: Trump also has lots of legal issues unrelated to the Mueller investigation that we should not forget about.

Last edited by Lacius,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A lot of Liberals do exhibit mental thought processes that related to documented illnesses.
Let's not fucking go there. I'd be very tempted to say that anybody who lived through eight years of GWB, two wars started under false pretenses, and a massive economic crash has to be on the spectrum if they were willing to vote Republican again. I never thought I'd see the day where they elected an even bigger dipshit, but their two primary finalists were Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. You couldn't possibly scrape the shallow end of the gene pool (which also happens to the bottom of the barrel in this case) any harder.

Your leaders aren't even charismatic now. They're just bloviating blowhards who turn in to toddlers any time they don't get their way. This shit's not funny any more, and cliched as it might be, I want my country back. The country we had before Republicans let planes hit the twin towers and used it as an excuse to start gutting our freedoms. Before fucking morons thought it'd be a good idea to elect a reality TV star to the presidency.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I DISLIKE LIBERALS"
yes we are a monolith with all one set of beliefs with no nuance or inner monologe. let me just say i dont agree with republicans on many things but i dont treat them as an all encompassing one set of beliefs that should be disregarded. Thats unhealthy.

As for the folks that keep saying "I want an apology" for what? seriously? Again any person with nuance will tell you that the report brings questions. Even if you are a conservative. Dont believe me? go listen to Judge Napolitano on fox news and take it in slowly.

Again, going by what some "red pilled" youtuber or by what fox news says alone is unhealthy. Go read NPR and Reuters if CNN is something you have a hard time digesting. Ultimately, folks should read the report but i digress most people want to "pwn the libs" instead of having a conversation on this.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Members of the Trump campaign appear to have attempted to conspire with Russia with regard to the 2016 election.
Isn't even attempting a crime, a crime in itself?

1. Barr grossly misrepresented what was in the report, specifically with regard to obstruction.
Shouldn't this person be charged with something?

A lot of Liberals do exhibit mental thought processes that related to documented illnesses. However, the smart ones just use the label to control the others and get rich via it and rarely live the way they preach. I don't think every Liberal is mentally ill, but a lot of their behavior correlates to things that can be considered under the scope of being mentally ill. Yeah, a prime example are the reporters from CNN who had mental breakdowns on air when their fantasy world was unraveled. I also laughed a lot at that.
Hate to say it again, but dat projection.

The country we had before Republicans let planes hit the twin towers
Agree with everything, except this part. You are making it seems like they did it on purpose.

i digress most people want to "pwn the libs" instead of having a conversation on this.
Unsuccessfully, if I may add.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr