Homebrew [Release] OCS - Go straight from stock to luma (9.0.0 - 11.3.0)

eminguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried it in a clean old 3DS and the luma installation went smooth, but the FBI and other apps fails. The process says something about "CIA install" failed (in red font)
Any clue?
Thanks.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've tried it in a clean old 3DS and the luma installation went smooth, but the FBI and other apps fails. The process says something about "CIA install" failed (in red font)
Any clue?
Thanks.
Yep. Do these steps to get cia installation to work. https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/39elie/database_does_not_exist_in_fbi_error/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand it is useful for the soundhax users, but I am just saying it may cause confusion depending on how the app is advertised as minimal-click-installer: I foresee people trying to use this and getting confused why Soundhax breaks. It also won't tell you that it's safe to update the system, and when you should do so, nor give confirmation when you have completed the hacking process... Basically I am saying it still has some of the flaws 3ds.guide does in terms of confusion, but even worse because there's no directions for troubleshooting and all the text is displayed on the system you're trying to hack

To be fair, though, it would be nice if this app at least self-updated itself before doing anything, and gave some emphasis on what the user should be doing based on what firmware they're on, then ask for confirmation that they are prepared before starting
Nice suggestion. I will look into a self - updater.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remove the SD the console doesn't boot, is that normal or am I missing something?
Thanks.
It means you didn't copy boot.firm to the ctrnand. Run luma updater once to do that. If that doesn't work, do it manually with godmode9. Just copy boot.firm and paste it to the root of the ctrnand just like an SD card.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I just added a commit To OCS which allows it to automatically get the latest releases of app by parsing the GitHub API, so the only part now that can get "outdated" is the arm11 and arm9 kernel exploits(unlikely).

Last edited by Kartik,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I ended up having to load FBI by manually downloading it and then launching the homebrew launcher. I could install FBI and Luma updater cias in the home menu and with Luma Updater I redownloaded Luma 8.1.1.

I still can't access god mode though so that has me a little worried. How important is it?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I ended up having to load FBI by manually downloading it and then launching the homebrew launcher. I could install FBI and Luma updater cias in the home menu and with Luma Updater I redownloaded Luma 8.1.1.

I still can't access god mode though so that has me a little worried. How important is it?
Did OCS work successfully?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Did OCS work successfully?
It didn't. Posted about it yesterday but it ended up being buried on the bottom of the first page apparently. Similar issues as eminguez. First time it installed CFW correctly but the second time, the CIA installation process endedn up giving me problems. After that, it ended with soundhax booting homebrew launcher succesfully. Luma also seems a bit weird, it was 8.1.1 but both the settings menu nor godmode would boot when pressing Select or Start when poweing the system. Through Luma updater, I reinstalled Luma and while I can get to settings with Select, godmode still won't boot so I assume there was some trouble there as well since I haven't added any files manually for it.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It didn't. Posted about it yesterday but it ended up being buried on the bottom of the first page apparently. Similar issues as eminguez. First time it installed CFW correctly but the second time, the CIA installation process endedn up giving me problems. After that, it ended with soundhax booting homebrew launcher succesfully. Luma also seems a bit weird, it was 8.1.1 but both the settings menu nor godmode would boot when pressing Select or Start when poweing the system. Through Luma updater, I reinstalled Luma and while I can get to settings with Select, godmode still won't boot so I assume there was some trouble there as well since I haven't added any files manually for it.
Just run OCS again, it will fix this issue

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remember the good old letterbomb days? You just needed to copy over the private folder and BOOM you had access to HBC. Well here is something very similar for 3ds users between firmware 9.0.0 and 11.3.0. Introducing OCS, a one click setup(actually two :P) for your 3ds. Note:- soundhax isn't required, its just a suggested way of entering homebrew

Features:-
  • You just need 3 files on your sd card for this to work (Two for soundhax and one for OCS)
  • Automatically installs FBI, Anemone3ds, DSP1, Godmode9 and lumaupdater
  • Download bars
  • Replaces itself automatically with new hb_menu's boot.3dsx

To use this:-
  1. Get soundhax and ocs.3dsx
  2. Rename ocs.3dsx to boot.3dsx
  3. Put all the files on the root of your sd card
  4. Execute soundhax and watch the magic.(You must have an internet connection)
  5. If everything went correctly, you should now be running luma. Execute soundhax once again to install the cias mentioned above.

Credits:-

Huge amount of thanks to @Chromaryu for testing this app and for giving some suggestions.
Tinivi for safehax
Smealum and Yellows8 for udsploit

Downloads:-
You can get ocs here: https://github.com/pirater12/ocs/releases

Video:-

This video was taken by @Chromaryu.

looks at system version
oh 11.5 that thread is not for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and it lets me run it but it just say UNSUPPORTED FIRMWARE

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason that this only works for 11.3 and earlier? Just curious. I have an O3DS on 11.4 that needs CFWing...

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason that this only works for 11.3 and earlier? Just curious. I have an O3DS on 11.4 that needs CFWing...
The vulnerabilities used were patched out in 11.4. If you're on that firmware, I recommend you just get an R4i Gold 3ds RTS and use it to install CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over