Homebrew [Release] OCS - Go straight from stock to luma (9.0.0 - 11.3.0)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MattKimura, you do know that you can set a custom version string, right?
Yeah mine is custom, I changed it to "Luma". But even so it's pretty pointless to have any kind of user string. I don't see how it's important or helpful. I'm just wondering why it's apart of the setup process but it doesn't benefit anyone.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OCS Go is the VOD service of OCS in france :P, thats the network in france that provide Game of Thrones simultaneously here x), i though someone made an app to watch OCS Go catalog on the 3DS :rofl2:.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OCS Go is the VOD service of OCS in france :P, thats the network in france that provide Game of Thrones simultaneously here x), i though someone made an app to watch OCS Go catalog on the 3DS :rofl2:.

xD Could have been so, but no.

OCS might be = Original Cracked System xD

At least it could have been called AiOHI (All in One Hack Installer for 3DS)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As cool as this is right now, I can see a lot of confusion for users who try to run this with soundhax without being on the correct firmwares, or cart updating to break a different exploit opportunity thinking soundhax will work... There's also potential for it eventually being incompatible/outdated to the guide, or one of the many downloaded tools changes a URL scheme and fails the download mid-hacking.

It isn't too difficult to follow 3ds.guide, and I don't think we should encourage straying from it until there's a single, end-all solution through software on every firmware/region...

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As cool as this is right now, I can see a lot of confusion for users who try to run this with soundhax without being on the correct firmwares, or cart updating to break a different exploit opportunity thinking soundhax will work... There's also potential for it eventually being incompatible/outdated to the guide, or one of the many downloaded tools changes a URL scheme and fails the download mid-hacking.

It isn't too difficult to follow 3ds.guide, and I don't think we should encourage straying from it until there's a single, end-all solution through software on every firmware/region...

This is a "kind of" universal one click installer for consoles on 9.0-11.3.

But... OCS isn't dependant to Soundhax, you need an access to HBL OR Soundhax.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a "kind of" universal one click installer for consoles on 9.0-11.3.

But... OCS isn't dependant to Soundhax, you need an access to HBL OR Soundhax.
I understand it is useful for the soundhax users, but I am just saying it may cause confusion depending on how the app is advertised as minimal-click-installer: I foresee people trying to use this and getting confused why Soundhax breaks. It also won't tell you that it's safe to update the system, and when you should do so, nor give confirmation when you have completed the hacking process... Basically I am saying it still has some of the flaws 3ds.guide does in terms of confusion, but even worse because there's no directions for troubleshooting and all the text is displayed on the system you're trying to hack

it probably wont, since its harder to update an app than a text guide
To be fair, though, it would be nice if this app at least self-updated itself before doing anything, and gave some emphasis on what the user should be doing based on what firmware they're on, then ask for confirmation that they are prepared before starting

Reactions: sp3off

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Now that you talk about *that* point of view, I can agree with you. It is indeed a one click installer but that's all. No more explainings about how the rest works, if everything's fine... But yeah, it should have said as a disclaimer "You can use SOUNDHAX or HBL access if available". Even the video shown was a kind of "speedrun" by using Soundhax. Using a browser exploit would have used 10-15 secs per launch but that's all...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really nice job! I was on the phone for an hour trying to tell somebody how to do this, so hopefully this will cut down on that time significantly. Can't wait to see this added to 3ds.guide.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't we use this with ntrboothax? Install b9s, boot into luma and do the trick to open boot.3dsx inside any app to run this.

Instead of installing a fixed set of .cias and running specific actions, it would be ideal to install all cias in a folder and run commands from a custom script, just like gm9. It would be the best solution for the fastest hacking method. The only way to make it faster would be to install cias from gm9.

Last edited by some1ne,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah mine is custom, I changed it to "Luma". But even so it's pretty pointless to have any kind of user string. I don't see how it's important or helpful. I'm just wondering why it's apart of the setup process but it doesn't benefit anyone.
Well some people with large SD cards could possibly still make use of EmuNANDs (You can have more than one) by making them act as different "profiles" if you will for people that may share consoles or something. In a case like that it's useful to know which NAND is running currently.

Anyway, the next Luma release removes the EmuNAND option entirely if one isn't present and you can always just untick the "Show vers." option in Luma if you don't need it; someone else might.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Agree strongly. This shouldn't be the default thing for newbies for the same reason we all tell people not to use video guides. This will get outdated and then it will be floating around causing problems for people that come across it in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1