Homebrew (Release) Ocarine of Time 2 Player Coop Patch - Virtual Console, Emulator Version

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This Mod is based on Sho and Spinouts multiplayer Patch. I only implemented some fixes that its working on Cemu or Virtual Console
I also fixed a lot of Bugs. You can play the whole Main Game with 2 or 4 Player!

What you need:
You only Need a clean Ocarine of Time Master Quest (U)Debug Version. Z64 Format
When you wanna use it on Wii U or Cemu you can easy inject it with the ultimate VC Injector (Here you get it https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/)
Compatible with wii u and Cemu Emulator

How to use:
You can Download the Patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2vvzzwawrhn575/cooppatch1.2.rar/file
In the above Package is the 2 and 4 Player Patch included.
Also Xdelta Patch is included only choose the Patch you wish for (2 or 4 Player) and applied it to your Master Quest Debug Rom.
When you wanna use it on a Wii U a Ini for inject is included in the Package
Its also working on Cemu Emulator on PC! To start on Cemu you need to choose the vessel.rpx which is in the Code Folder after injection

What is important:
- Added in Version 1.01 Levitate for second Player. Its important for some stages of the Game where the first player needs to use the Longshot (Like Water Temple), the Second Player can use here levitate to follow the first Player.Levitate only working for the second player. You need to Press L for Levitate
- For the 2 Player Version: Player 2 is controlled by Controller 4
- When starting a new game, skips to Navi waking Link up
-To bypass with Players "Hold Z and just press C-Up once. Link has to be Z-Targeting and standing still for this to work"
-You can change the Player perspective to simple on the Dpad
-Some Items like Longshot cannot be use the others Players. So theyre locked. But its working for first Player
-Both Player Share Health

Fixes:
-In Version 1.02 optimised the Z Targetting Camera for both Players and readding the Black Tunic Link.
- A lot Camera Fixes
- A lot Entrance fixes
-Subscreen Crashes fixed
- Boomerang now working for both Player
-You can push/pull Block for both Player only Press A to Release
-Spin Attack working for both players
-Z targeting for Second Player is focused on the Target of first Player
- Added First Person Aiming/View
-Diving Bug Fixed
-Shield Glitch is fixed

Changelog:

Version 1.2
- Fixed Deku Tree Cutscene Crash after defeating Gohma
-Fixed Zora Fountain Cutscene Crash
- Making a new Camera View

Version 1.1 fixed a lot of Bugs of the 4 Player Patch
-Push and Pull working now for all Players
-Fixed Subscreen Crashes
-Spin Attack now working for all Players
- Levitate working for Player 2-4 by pressing L
- Added different Tunics

1537945848379_WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2.jpg

1537945836603_WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2.jpg
WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2.jpg
WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2(4).jpg
WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2(1).jpg
WiiU_screenshot_TV_004A2(6).jpg

Last edited by andre1891,

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I ran into a problem with this. There doesn't seem to exist a (U) version of this game, like, at all. I've been looking and only found (E) versions, and Japanese versions and the whole GCN ripped disc. Are you refering to the Debug version? (Can't find it either but if it's that I could start looking more specifically)

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need the Ocarine of time Master Quest Debug Rom (Build name: ZELOOTMA). It must be a z64 (not n64) Rom. But you can easily convert n64 to Z64 Format With Tool64 (z64 called Big endian) This should work

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You need the Ocarine of time Master Quest Debug Rom (Build name: ZELOOTMA). It must be a z64 (not n64) Rom. But you can easily convert n64 to Z64 Format With Tool64 (z64 called Big endian) This should work
I found the rom, and yeah, it was the debug. Thanks :D

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Updated to Version 1.01. Only Small Change.
- Added in Version 1.01 Levitate for second Player Press L for Levitate. Its important for some stages of the Game where the first player needs to use the Longshot (Like Water Temple), the Second Player can use here levitate to follow the first Player.Levitate only working for the second player.

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New Release:
Version 1.02 for 2 Player Patch :
- Optimised the Camera when Z Targetting for both Players
- Readded Black Tunic Link.

New to this Release:
Added 4 Player Patch.You can chosse which Patch you wanna use.
Now its working with 4 Players too!
Download Link:

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Releasing Version 1.1 of the Coop Patch.
Mainly Fixed a lot of known Bugs in the 4 Player Patch:
- Subscreen Crashes fixed
- Push and Pull now working for all Players
-Spin Attack now working for all Players
- Activate Levitate for Player 2,3,4
Added different Tunics for the Links

Download:

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@andre1891 1.1 release 4 player patch applies perfectly, 2 player patch fails with error:

Code:
[11:38:54] Original file "ZELOOTMA.Z64" selected.
[11:39:00] Patch file "2Player.xdelta" selected, description found:

2 Player Patch 102

[11:39:04] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[11:39:04] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

EDIT: also I tested the 4p patched rom on PJ64 2.30.210 and it errors "stuck in permanent loop that cannot be exited"...halp?

Last edited by KiiWii,

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@andre1891 1.1 release 4 player patch applies perfectly, 2 player patch fails with error:

Code:
[11:38:54] Original file "ZELOOTMA.Z64" selected.
[11:39:00] Patch file "2Player.xdelta" selected, description found:

2 Player Patch 102

[11:39:04] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[11:39:04] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

EDIT: also I tested the 4p patched rom on PJ64 2.30.210 and it errors "stuck in permanent loop that cannot be exited"...halp?

Try to disable Checksum on Xdelta Patch

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try to disable Checksum on Xdelta Patch

Great that worked, now how do I play on an emulator for a quick test? PJ64 doesnt want to know....

I just grabbed MP64 https://m64p.github.io/ and it still doesnt load the 4 player or 2 player patched rom.

Edit: just verified I modified ZELOOTMA.Z64 rom works perfect, but neither of the patched ones run at all.

Last edited by KiiWii,

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great that worked, now how do I play on an emulator for a quick test? PJ64 doesnt want to know....

I just grabbed MP64 https://m64p.github.io/ and it still doesnt load the 4 player or 2 player patched rom.

Edit: just verified I modified ZELOOTMA.Z64 rom works perfect, but neither of the patched ones run at all.
Try Nemu64 it has better compatibility with Rom Hacks but its more complicated. I think you need to Do Some changes on Nemu64 before. I need to find it out next Week. Only testet it yet on Virtual Console (Wii U and Wii)

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Otherwise I think Dolphin should work with a created Wad (Tutorial is here https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-howto-extract-rom-from-a-virtual-console-game) This should work. When you didnt want do this. I will try it on monday.

andre1891

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, what a great idea. But the camera can still follow only P1, right?
You can change the Camera Perspektive to any Player. You just need to Press the Buttons on the Dpad (Example if you Press Left on Dpad the Camera changed to second Player) You can Do that anytime as you wish. I try top Down Camera before but It doesnt feeling like Ocarine of time. I prefer this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@andre1891 dolphin as WAD is a good idea, I can try that on my nvidia shield tv in a min.
Can you contact me if it works?. That would be intersting for other users too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Just went out to McDonalds.