Homebrew [RELEASE] NTRLDR - DS firmware on the 3DS

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have absolutely no idea, lol. It happened for me once.
DXaPb4HU0AAQCEf.jpg
That's a TWL_FIRM issue that even happens outside of CFW users.
It's scaler likes to do that sometimes. :P
Holding START or SELECT while TWL_FIRM starts, or waking up from sleep mode can fix that issue.

Reactions: dr1ft

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just tested holding start+select on my console on wakeup. Firstly it is incredibly difficult on a n3dsxl without a magnet. It is hard to reach the buttons. When I got it, it didn't work. I then tried during cancelling the Home exit prompt since it sorta suspends like sleep and still nothing.

EDIT:

UNLESS you meant "(Holding START or SELECT while TWL_FIRM starts), (or waking up from sleep mode)", because I read it as "Holding START or SELECT (while TWL_FIRM starts), (or waking up from sleep mode)" lol.

Last edited by Searinox,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UNLESS you meant "(Holding START or SELECT while TWL_FIRM starts), (or waking up from sleep mode)", because I read it as "Holding START or SELECT (while TWL_FIRM starts), (or waking up from sleep mode)" lol.
Yeah, either hold START/SELECT while TWL_FIRM starts, or wake the system up from sleep mode in TWL_FIRM if you see the doubled tiles.

Reactions: dr1ft and Searinox

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried compiling it on my own (since the repo doesn't exist anymore), but I get a white screen after accepting the warning message, both with a flashcart and hbmenu... what could I be doing wrong

lukepc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I'm curious to try this out but the GitHub repo seems to be down. Would you be able to reupload the file to here or another website? Thanks!

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Memory layouts for iQue’s aren’t fully known. Since this writes directly to a predetermined address, it could write to an area for something else, and if that something is critical, boom, brick.
(Still wondering why Nintendo only implemented a papartial write protection for the BIOS on the DS...)

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

theoldmototoad50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is awesome I am gonna try it I love firmware.nds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's the compiled file, apparently there's still a fork but without releases, so I compiled it :P
thank you sooo much bro! it worked! the first time I looked at this post I was confused but I didn't know the replies were 5 pages long but tysm

Pedritochi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there a possibility of bricking when executing the firmware.nds file in the twilight menu from a 2ds?
I'm afraid to proceed because it tells me to modify the vram...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)