[Release] NTRBoot for R4igoldcc,ARDS(EZ),ARDSI

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by al3x_10m, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Aliceloveszubats

Aliceloveszubats Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    thats what im hoping for;-;

2. CRTdrone

CRTdrone Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    I saw the pads as well, I could not find the correct Micro SD slot in my junk bin so I gave up, nice to know it works.

3. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Spagonia
    My tool will be able to make firmwares directly for "alternative" (slim) ARDS models - so you won't need a HEX editor anymore - and extract a firmware file from a proper ROM dump, so if you're able to make a ROM dump of your ARDS then you'll be able to roll it back to its exact same firmware before installing NTRBoot. (The firmware extraction function is mainly targeted to ARDS ME users tho, there are official ARDS ME firmware updates out there but Code Manager only updates the Action Replay portion of the code instead of the entire firmware, so using them to restore one of these will not work. You will need a proper ROM dump to restore an ARDS ME!)

Still, props for finding that firmware! I think you saved quite a few ARDSes this way, especially if their owners aren't able to make a ROM dump :yay3ds:

4. Wantija

Wantija Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Canada
    Well changing 'AR2M' to 'FIRM' made the flashed firmware readable on the slim Action Replay in the patched code manager, really glad that it worked since the fat action replay isn't able to fit in a n3DS XL without cutting parts of it down!

5. YukiSnowmew

YukiSnowmew Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    It should fit just fine. You just have to put a game in, pull it out instead of popping it out, and then insert the AR at an angle. I use my ARDSi like that and have never had any problems.

6. Omegapsy

Omegapsy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2012
    United States
    It's fantastic that an old cheat device is getting some great new uses! I'm currently searching for both of my old ARDS cards to try this.

Props for a functional method, but imagining this process is makes me cringe for some reason..XD

7. YukiSnowmew

YukiSnowmew Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    I mean, it does feel kinda wrong, but it works well.

8. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Spagonia
    CRTdrone, RustInPeace and Wolfvak like this.
  9. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Olmectron is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Hi. Not sure if I understood this. So, I'm asking.

Did this work with an ARDSi with yellow label? Or it was just the patch sending it to a blackscreen, but not the actual use of NTRBoot?

10. YukiSnowmew

YukiSnowmew Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    Correct Action Replay. It did not cause NTRBoot to work. All I was saying was that Code Manager applied the patch. So, successfully applying the patch is not a good method of testing whether or not your AR is compatible.

Olmectron and RustInPeace like this.
  11. rog9001

rog9001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2016
    Russia
    Here are a few questions:

1. Does this work (The AR DSi method), has anyone tried doing it (to lazy to look for an answer)?

2. I lost the cord for my AR DSi and was wondering if this one is correct (it says that it will work with AR DSi, but I am not sure): https://ibb.co/mwWH3k
    The reason I am unsure is because this is the port ( https://ibb.co/bBsPik ) and it really doesn't look like it would fit, especially because of that little thing sticking out from the top of the port ( here is my AR DSi if you are wondering which it is: https://ibb.co/mMDmw5 ).

3. Does this require the disk in any way? If it does then damn... I lost mine and I am not about to spend $69 on a new AR DSi.

4. Will my AR DSi (which I linked to in question N2) fit into a new 2DS XL? I am asking this question because I saw a video about a modified AR DSi (the yellow one (I have the black one)), and apparently the normal one is to short and wont get into the new 2DS.

Last edited by rog9001, Sep 26, 2017
  12. al3x_10m
    OP

al3x_10m Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2016
    Romania
    @rog9001
    1.yes
    2.yes
    3.no
    4.idk (i don't have a 2ds xl)

13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I've seen someone asking this already and the answer was no, maybe if the case of the AR thingy is dismantled. I have not followed up on the question, but it was here just a few days ago.

14. rog9001

rog9001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2016
    Russia
    Just saw a video which shows you how to use AR with new 3DS/2DS without modifying it. All you got to do is make the system think a game is inserted, can be done by either using a flat object to click the back spring (what was done in the video) or insert a game and then carefully remove it by just pulling it out (what I tried doing (with my old 3ds xl. Dunno if its possible with a new one tho), and then shove the AR into the system and it should be accessible.

Last edited by rog9001, Sep 26, 2017
  15. jubbagee

jubbagee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Will this work on an m3ds real?

16. aldone

aldone Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2014
    Italy
    Salerno, Italy
    IMG_20170926_234013.jpg
    Hi I have these three flashcards but my nintendo 3ds with luma 8.1 fw 11.5 show white screen when i boot.

IMG_20170927_000919.jpg

On my Nintendo dsi when I start I give you a mistake. There is a way to save them and use for ntrboot? Thanks for any reply!

17. patrizl001

patrizl001 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Canada
    When I connect it to my computer (windows 8.1) the computer makes the sound that the USB is inserted, but the code manager program doesn't detect it. Anyone know what might be causing it?

18. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Do you know if when you view all devices that it shows anything when you connect the device to your pc? It may be that you perhaps lack or do not have the drivers needed for the device to work correctly.

19. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I get that sometimes, I think it's more the cable being sucky, so just reconnect. What I do is place the cart flat on its backside, so the front with the sticker, is facing up.

20. patrizl001

patrizl001 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Canada
    It shows up in devices and printers as "NDS Link", but it also says that the drivers for it aren't installed. Where would I get the drivers? The codejunkies website doesn't have them.

EDIT: found the drivers! Turns out they're included in the ZIP file and you have to install it yourself.

EDIT2: Now I'm having another problem. While it's plugged in the screen on the DS just keeps showing "error!" and it won't let me upload the file. Sometimes it works for a few seconds but then disconnects and I have to try again.

Last edited by patrizl001, Sep 27, 2017