Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be my internet connection
EDIT: I fixed it, my ISP was blocking the page, it seems.

:)

I don't know why others are saying this is shit. It's pretty great being able to use the remote debugger. If you want to pirate things, then use something else but don't complain in here about it.

Reactions: NewWorldOrder

fatpolomanjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cell9: thank you for this! It simply works, and is so easy to use. I've been switching off playing MH4U on my EUR N3DS and MM 3DSXL really easily.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit futile of me to ask, but what the heck:

I have an Australian (PAL) N3DS running 9.0E, but I am an American user and only have an NTSC copy of Cubic Ninja (regionlocked). To my understanding, regionthree has yet to be ported to the N3DS, so is there any other way for me to launch this? There's a bit of a feedback loop in my case, as this enables region-free, but I need region-free in order to launch it :/

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you need a cartridge of the same region as the console. There is no other way, yet. And I dont think that there will be a way soon, the best option for you would be to buy an american copy of cubic ninja.

Wengier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a bit futile of me to ask, but what the heck:

I have an Australian (PAL) N3DS running 9.0E, but I am an American user and only have an NTSC copy of Cubic Ninja (regionlocked). To my understanding, regionthree has yet to be ported to the N3DS, so is there any other way for me to launch this? There's a bit of a feedback loop in my case, as this enables region-free, but I need region-free in order to launch it :/

Obviously you can't do with this. I also have an Australian (PAL) N3DS running 9.0E and I am a North American user too. I just use Sky3DS with PAL ROM of Cubic Ninja to start NTR CFW. Alternatively, you may buy a PAL copy of Cubic Ninja on eBay or so.

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read through the comments. I can't figure out where this added Anti-Piracy feature is?
Does it automatically PING Team America with your ISP information or something if it detects a GW or Sky3DS?

Reactions: niño de cobre

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you need a cartridge of the same region as the console. There is no other way, yet. And I dont think that there will be a way soon, the best option for you would be to buy an american copy of cubic ninja.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear in my post. I've edited it, but basically, I have a PAL system and an NTSC game, and I can't find a way to get a PAL copy anywhere. Any non-US Amazon site won't ship to me, PAL copies on eBay are almost barren with very selective shipping, and Play Asia is out of stock.

Getting a copy at this point is virtually impossible at the moment, not to mention that I can't afford the asking prices for it.
Obviously you can't do with this. I also have a N3DS 9.0E and I am a North American user too. I just use Sky3DS with PAL copy of Cubic Ninja to start NTR CFW. Alternatively, you may buy a PAL copy of Cubic Ninja on eBay or so.
I can't possibly justify paying the absolutely exorbitant price of that flashcard. A physical copy of CN is more viable, but the eBay prices are pretty unreasonable. I can justify paying up to $60, but the US eBay page doesn't have PAL copies, and many sellers out of the country won't ship to me unless I buy an address forwarding service.

This is more a shipping and availability issue for me than it is a pricing issue - I saw a few in my price range on Amazon.co.uk, but I have no way to have it shipped to me.

I'm thinking I should look for someone with a PAL copy to trade with me, though that won't be a simple task.

Wengier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't possibly justify paying the absolutely exorbitant price of that flashcard. A physical copy of CN is more viable, but the eBay prices are pretty unreasonable. I can justify paying up to $60, but the US eBay page doesn't have PAL copies, and many sellers out of the country won't ship to me unless I buy an address forwarding service.

This is more a shipping and availability issue for me than it is a pricing issue - I saw a few in my price range on Amazon.co.uk, but I have no way to have it shipped to me.

I'm thinking I should look for someone with a PAL copy to trade with me, though that won't be a simple task.

Do you have any 3DS flashcards? What do you think it is cheaper: buying a flashcard or buying many games? I don't mean you should buy a flashcard, just hope you can see the actual prices you will need to pay with or without a flashcard.

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that website; very nice $20 price difference from most of the sites I've checked. I'll look into that if I have absolutely no other options.
Do you have any 3DS flashcards? What do you think it is cheaper: buying a flashcard or buying many games?
I already own a Gateway3DS, and I've been using it for quite a while on my O3DS. I want to be able to use my N3DS, be it with games on my Gateway or with my collection of retail carts. I'm essentially trying to avoid paying the price of another flashcard, (which for me was $60 if I remember that correctly), because shortly after I do, someone is going to release something for the N3DS and I will have wasted my money - it's all just a matter of time.

So yes, a flashcard is cheaper in the long run for playing games that you don't have to pay for. But at what cost will I be able to even use my N3DS, piracy or not?

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing you can do Ubergeek. Either buy a EU Cubic Ninja or a Sky 3DS. Yes it sucks but it's the only thing you can do right now.

Wengier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that website; very nice $20 price difference from most of the sites I've checked. I'll look into that if I have absolutely no other options.

I already own a Gateway3DS, and I've been using it for quite a while on my O3DS. I want to be able to use my N3DS, be it with games on my Gateway or with my collection of retail carts. I'm essentially trying to avoid paying the price of another flashcard, (which for me was $60 if I remember that correctly), because shortly after I do, someone is going to release something for the N3DS and I will have wasted my money - it's all just a matter of time.

So yes, a flashcard is cheaper in the long run for playing games that you don't have to pay for. But at what cost will I be able to even use my N3DS, piracy or not?

If you already have a Gateway, then I agree that you don't need to have another flashcard. Similarly, since I already have a Sky3DS, I don't really want to pay for another flashcard, especially since I cannot find any real conversion tool to convert saves between Sky3DS and Gateway at the moment.

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have a Gateway, then I agree that you don't need to have another flashcard. Similarly, since I already have a Sky3DS, I don't really want to pay for another flashcard, especially since I cannot find any real conversion tool to convert saves between Sky3DS and Gateway at the moment.
Wouldn't the CFW on this thread allow you to do that? I recall someone saying this CFW can be used with 6.0+ save management, so correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not familiar with Sky3DS. Are Sky3DS saves incompatible with even cartridge-mode Gateway games? I would have thought the .sav format would be the same. eShop-mode saves are certainly different, but that's why this CFW is so great. We could take a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire save, for example, from a retail or Sky3DS card, and convert the save to the eShop equivalent, which was previously impossible without a Powersaves device.

So back to what I was saying/asking: cartridge (non-eShop) games don't work with Sky3DS saves (which are also cartridge based)? Not even unencrypted/<6.X games? Because if encryption was the issue, this CFW would handle that, I would think.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's an Italian guy on eBay who has sold dozens of copies of EUR CN in the $20-$30 range, and still puts one up every now and then.
Not sure if he sells overseas though.

yarib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://m.ebay.com/itm/361247288124

The italian seller. Purchased from him and was marked as shipped today.

Alternatively, my friend ordered his from sellingoutsoon.com.au
Prices are in Australian dollars so its cheaper in USD that what shows up on the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte