Hacking [Release] NTR CFW 2.0 for New 3DS

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no EmuNand? I'm waiting for that so I can do an EmuNand to EmuNand transfer

I'm pretty sure Emunand correlates too much to piracy, and with no CIA installations, I don't see the point in having them (except for possible region changes, but with region free, not really necessary).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Heh, it does firmware spoof too but unfortunately codname steam's sdk is too high for firm 9.2. Need emunand cell9 :P

I'm pretty sure Emunand correlates too much to piracy, and with no CIA installations, I don't see the point in having them (except for possible region changes, but with region free, not really necessary).
Explain to me how rxtools is contributing to piracy then.

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Fantastic!
Just one question, can you use this on 9.0 then? Your post makes it seem like it cannot, though it would be nice to have.

Great work none the less, very happy to see this released, and to make is so easy for region free.

I haven't tested on 9.0, but I think it is workable.
Please contact me if you succeed.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pretty much this is useful for non-Gateway owners who haven't taken the leap or want to go to a more moral route for region free-ness. (since EMUNAND does most of this already)

Since Sky users lost their precious RegionThree exploit, I can see why they are wondering if this can benefit them.

*unwatches topic*

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just wanted it to transfer my system from old 3DSxl to new3DSxl without updating to the latest firmware on sysnand

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Fantastic!
Just one question, can you use this on 9.0 then? Your post makes it seem like it cannot, though it would be nice to have.

Great work none the less, very happy to see this released, and to make is so easy for region free.

If I had a japanese cubic ninja cart i'd try it for you, have a 9.0 n3dsj

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, emuNAND also gives you access to the eShop, which is pretty darn important for people who want to use their devices legitamately

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted it to transfer my system from old 3DSxl to new3DSxl without updating to the latest firmware on sysnand

Emunands (well, NAND's in general) are encrypted by a per-console encryption key. Your old emunand is useless to literally any other 3DS in existence.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't OP state that unauthorized devices and piracy would not be allowed? so that's a no.

it's awesome more people are exploiting the CN exploit and are learning how it ticks to reverse engineer it. Maybe things that do more than just Region Free will be in the future
I just tried it with a QQ3ds and it works and region free works too so yes region-free piracy works

Reactions: leerpsp

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;_; never been quoted so frequently in quick succession. I'm not even the developer, just a bystander.

Anyway, I completely forgot emunand allows you to update the system (sorry).
As for the RXTools, I'm not saying that piracy is the reason that they didn't support it, it was mere speculation.
I honestly have no idea

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...