Homebrew [Release] NP2 for 3DS - Neko Project II port

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If someone wouldn't mind helping me, I'm about to tear my hair out trying to figure this out. I've read every thread probably online that has anything to do with Neko Project II and NO one seems to be saying where I get an HDI file to act as the harddrive, nor how I would put games onto one. I'm so confused as to how anyone has this working, but I'll be grateful if anyone can help me out here. I have a bunch of files for a game that are "000-015" without filetype extensions and then a file called "fgplay_h.com" and one called "OPNDRV.COM"; are these the right files for this application? Wikipedia said this game was on PC-98 and that's all I could find when looking for the PC-98 version of this game, but ZERO clue as to what an HDI is or where to get one.
PC-98 Version files are *.hdi ,*.d88,*.nfd or *.fdd.Maybe you downloaded a DOS Version.The games often stay with a font.bmp file.You need to search the games you need carefully.

Last edited by zwq939681378,

Manzini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can i bind a d-pad to control in a game?
Or i need use a touchscreen?
UPD. I just forgot a .txt with setting of input, my bad

Last edited by Manzini,

JokeDeity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PC-98 Version files are *.hdi ,*.d88,*.nfd or *.fdd.Maybe you downloaded a DOS Version.The games often stay with a font.bmp file.You need to search the games you need carefully.
Okay, it's just one game I'm interested in and I can only find it in FDD format in 8 separate disks. Is it possible to run FDD in Neko? Is it possible to convert these FDD disks into HDI?

EDIT: Okay, so I converted them from FDI to D88 and the disks run in Neko now, however a new problem is that only a small portion of the text seems to be working right, it's in moonrunes which I don't read but that was anticipated, the rest all just shows up as question marks. Not sure if that's fixable or not.

Last edited by JokeDeity,

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Okay, it's just one game I'm interested in and I can only find it in FDD format in 8 separate disks. Is it possible to run FDD in Neko? Is it possible to convert these FDD disks into HDI?
I don't know.But you can search a HDI version, FDD is cumbersome indeed.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
DSP Firmware Dumper is depreciated and no longer works on recent versions of Luma. Currently DSP1 is the only thing that works since it runs as a cia and dumps the dsp from the home menu. Though since DSP1 is open source (and under a permissive license) it would be nice to make it so that NP2/3DS dumps dspfirm.cdc itself if it is not present.

Vankedisi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load a game in SASI1, it runs what I would assume to be the "intro" of the game, but then it takes me to a command line with text that seems to be "A)op." Any other game crashes as well, am I doing something wrong? CPU multiple is at x12, and I wasn't able to get the Japanese font or Gothic one.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bit of a bummer this likely won't ever run touhou well...unless any of you think it's possible? otherwise, time to wait for homebrew on the switch

raima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSP Firmware Dumper is depreciated and no longer works on recent versions of Luma. Currently DSP1 is the only thing that works since it runs as a cia and dumps the dsp from the home menu. Though since DSP1 is open source (and under a permissive license) it would be nice to make it so that NP2/3DS dumps dspfirm.cdc itself if it is not present.
Thanks telling. Someday I'll try.

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is neko project 2 a game or an emulator, if its an emulator, then i can play any pc98 series game?

Could someone point me in the right direction on where to get the hdd.hdi?

Last edited by AikoT_T,

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load a game in SASI1, it runs what I would assume to be the "intro" of the game, but then it takes me to a command line with text that seems to be "A)op." Any other game crashes as well, am I doing something wrong? CPU multiple is at x12, and I wasn't able to get the Japanese font or Gothic one.
Use 5x CPU at 2.4576MHz. The 3ds can't handle 12x! I use ESPON for Architecture and 44KHz / 100ms in sound. It's important to use No wait, and auto frame, as those give the best results on N3DS. Load the HDIs into SASI 1/2 or the FDI(s) into FDD 1/2.

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns out that this can run a bunch of other games than just touhou. Columns, Madou Mongatari ARS (implied by a control setting, but i have tried it and it worked.), Hell, even doom! (to an (still horribly poor but i guess it works???) extent)
This thing has some badass potential.

fagirton2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I'm trying to play Touhou 1 and 2, but after ZUN Soft's splash animation I'm getting error on red japanese text.
It reads:
It is better not to press the STOP key unnecessarily. (During the game)
(You can return with the STOP key)

However I wasn't pressing any buttons. Although I ended up with the same error on PSP version of NP2 and problem was solved by switching version to one that emulates i486. But now I have only one version of it, so I'm requesting some help)

Also important, Touhou 1 just shows empty screen with A)op

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.