Hacking [RELEASE] Never7 -The End of Infinity- PSP English Translation

malucart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a port of the English translation for Never7 to the PSP version. It translates the entire game, as well as the TIPS. There are some minor script changes, but it's pretty much the same.

NotesPros compared to PC versionCons

• The CG and Movie menus and ハ tab of TIPS currently crash- If using PPSSPP, you can fix all this by disabling "System -> Fast memory"
    • The PSP screen is 16:9, but while the graphics are zoomed in, they're not actually cropped. Use analog stick up and down to see the rest of the screen if you need
    • The first Append Story in the list is translated. It's an official route, and counts in the playing log
    • The patch is not necessarily perfect. Please report if you find some error I failed to notice, such as misplaced text and crashes not mentioned above

• Nice backlog, you can replay voices and rewind the game

• Quick saves, automatically created on every choice and scene

• Remade video cutscenes, and new opening and ending themes

• Nicer presentation with cool menus

• The cool menus include several settings, like volume and text speed

• Save in Append Stories

• In-game TIPS

• The Windows version is really buggy due to its age and nature

• Play on the go!!

• Low resolution of 480 x 272 pixels (if emulating, it might look bad with the wrong settings)

• Title screen music is Beginning of Infinity instead of Once more... (Of course though, that song is still in the game)

• No rainbow text box (hey rainbow-chan is charming... but of course, if you don't like it, this is a pro)

• Missing the PSX Epilogue

Download

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/665784737599717376/677995656631025672/n7patchv0.2.xdelta (version 0.2)

Apply patch to an original Japanese ISO, using Xdelta (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/)
  1. From the links above download the patch file and xdelta UI
  2. Apply the patch with xdelta UI with these settings: patch: the n7patch.xdelta file; source file: the Japanese .iso; output file: where you want the patched game to end up in, call it whatever but end it with .iso
Changelog

v0.2

• Fix many important script errors
    • New XMB icon and sound, thanks u/ilubandroid

Credit goes to the original translation of the PC game for most of the text, as well as the open-source PSP patch of Remember11, which has tools and reverse engineering info that were really useful for this.

Last edited by malucart,

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a port of the English translation for Never7 to the PSP version. It translates the entire game, as well as the TIPS. There are some minor script changes, but it's pretty much the same.

Notes

• If using PPSSPP, disable "System -> Fast memory", which causes bugs and crashes on Infinity games
  • The patch is not necessarily perfect. I did not encounter any bugs or crashes that I couldn't fix, but please report if you find some error I failed to notice, such as misplaced text
Download

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/197437905331814400/675123563098800128/n7patch.xdelta (version 1.0)

Apply patch to an original Japanese ISO, using Xdelta (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/)

Instructions

1. From the links above download the patch file and xdelta UI
  2. Apply the patch with xdelta UI with these settings: patch: the n7patch.xdelta file; source file: the Japanese .iso; output file: where you want the patched game to end up in, call it whatever but end it with .iso
Credit goes to the original translation of the PC game for most of the text, as well as the open-source PSP patch of Remember11, which has tools and reverse engineering info that were really useful for this.
Link to xdelta patcher is invalid.

anon1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just registered to say thank you. We finally have all the Infinity games translated on PSP!

Well except for 12Riven...but that's for another story.

ignare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap... I've gone through it on VNDS before but this is JUST what I was looking for and hoping would be made. Thank you!

I still can't figure out how to get the music working on the PC version...

Last edited by ignare,

malucart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Released an update. Whoever had downloaded this before, please redownload, as there are serious bugs in the first version

brutaka3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I think I'll try this one because as far as I know nobody ever fixed the unobtainable line in Kurumi's route that prevents you from getting 100% on the PC version (to this day I don't know if only happens to me but apparently nobody tried to get 100% on every route). Thanks a lot!

Last edited by brutaka3,

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was never going to happen! Awesome news. Regarding append, I take it this includes all the append stories like Yuka Curé? (Were there any other important ones? it's been awhile since I played)

malucart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought this was never going to happen! Awesome news. Regarding append, I take it this includes all the append stories like Yuka Curé? (Were there any other important ones? it's been awhile since I played)
Yuka Curé is the only translated one. This is just a port of the PC translation, if I could translate things myself I'd absolutely also have translated Okuhiko Curé

Reactions: xatzimi

Mirai78

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There is a bug on Yuka's Cure it crash on ppsspp it can't pass the messages in the water, I change all the settings still the same.. I can send you the savedata if you want

Last edited by Mirai78,

malucart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a bug on Yuka's Cure it crash on ppsspp it can't pass the messages in the water, I change all the settings still the same.. I can send you the savedata if you want
This was fixed in the update. You can also work around it by disabling "fast memory" in the System tab in the emulator settings, but it might crash a bit later if you do that

HarveyCavendish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's an error where the voice and the lines doesn't line up. There is one where Makoto chases after a kid who has the bell with her in Yuka's route and another one in the common route where you go shopping with Saki in the scene when they go out of Izumi's restaurant. The lines in the latter are ahead of the voice. I assume the latter was because the PSP version added a few new lines. I suggest machine translating the first few lines.

HarveyCavendish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's an error where the voice and the lines doesn't line up. There is one where Makoto chases after a kid who has the bell with her in Yuka's route and another one in the common route where you go shopping with Saki in the scene when they go out of Izumi's restaurant. The lines in the latter are ahead of the voice. I assume the latter was because the PSP version added a few new lines. I suggest machine translating the first few lines.

HarveyCavendish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I encountered another crash in Yuka's Cure Route. The chapter title is 'Uneasiness', 04/01. The part in the evening where Yuka is on her bed reminiscing about today. The game crashed when this line displayed: "Even now, those old-fashioned words are still stuck in my heart, but the-"

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_131716.png
    IMG_20200317_131716.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by HarveyCavendish,

HarveyCavendish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's a script error where the lines and the voices don't match up after picking "You have no... heart?" choice. [Concerned Heart, 04/02]

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_182112.png
    IMG_20200318_182112.png
    957.6 KB · Views: 372

malucart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for reporting this, and sorry for taking a long time to reply, but I have to note that I'm working on a new version of the game, for both PC and Android. It'll probably take a few more days to be ready

HarveyCavendish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's a script error in Kurumi's Projected Common Route in the scene titled 'Spirited Away' Kurumi variation. EDIT2: Rather, it seems it was the game itself that doesn't match with the supposed translation. All the way until they retrieved Kurumi from the shrine, the game reuses the same script as Yuka's common route variation for 'Spirited Away'.

Hello, jv110. Thanks for responding. I apologize I ignored some of the script errors not listed here. I believe I missed ones in the heroines' routes. I have done Yuka, Saki and Haruka's routes. I am doing Kurumi's route right now.
Screenshot_20200405-133556.png

Last edited by HarveyCavendish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs