It's about a year since I worked on an emulator port, mostly because the 3ds is not the best oprion to run emulators, but in one of my PC folders there where the sources of NeoPop SDL waiting to be tested with my SDL lib.
So yesterday I decided to compile it making only minor changes to the code (only set default dirs and key bindings) and with my great surprise it worked at the first try.
Since I'm working on a lot of other projects, don't expect I will put too much time in enhacing this emulator (forget a nice menu gui or custom backgrounds to replace black borders), but at least I'll add the basic functionalities he needs.
Notes to the alpha release (v0.1)
- The emulator is fully working, but lacks of a gui for changing the options and loading roms.
- To test the emulator put a rom image in the 3ds SD in the folder roms/neogeopocket, and rename the rom in rom.ngc.
- Frameskip can be increased with R button and decreased with L. On a n3ds select a value betwen 1 and 2.
Source code is available on my Github (https://github.com/nop90/Neopop-SDL)
The emulator is available in 3DSX and CIA format (https://github.com/nop90/Neopop-SDL/releases)
Ver. 0.4 (14 June 2017)
- Completed the menu
- fixed the grayscale rendering
- removed frameskip change with L/R buttons and fullscreen toggling with Y
- Added a basic menu
- Added a basic rom loading interface on startup (changing rom needs exiting and restarting the emulator)
- Added fullscreen toggling
- Preview version
Keypad - directions
A - A button
B - B button
X - Option button
START - Pause emulator
SELECT - Exit
L and R - Chage frameskip
Y - Toggle fullscreen
To Do List
- Extend the Menu with other options
Last edited by nop90,