Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS got soft bricked. Can access the recovery menu, but can't connect to the internet to update. Gives me the same error 003-1101 . And sometimes 003-2101
All my other consoles can connect...pls help
That's what can happen when you mess with frakenfirm. Try getting a cart and update with that. Although I'm not sure they have any out with 10.6 on it

PerksofLilies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
okay so, the thing is i don't know what's the problem here, but i get into nasa just fine, i select the file > confirm > it imports > nothing happens? no message no error no nothing.
i'm dumb please help

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so, the thing is i don't know what's the problem here, but i get into nasa just fine, i select the file > confirm > it imports > nothing happens? no message no error no nothing.
i'm dumb please help
We can see that[emoji14]

Nasa doesn't really tell you anything it will just finish. If its not showing up on the home menu make sure its a legit cia for your region. Not every CIA is legit.

PerksofLilies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We can see that[emoji14]

Nasa doesn't really tell you anything it will just finish. If its not showing up on the home menu make sure its a legit cia for your region. Not every CIA is legit.

just stating that i am too aware of that lmao

okay so how do i do that? ive seen numbers and or ids floating around but i dont actually know where to check that? thanks anyways -:)

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country

Hello, The version of Houston says Windows x86, yet it's not compatible with my Windows 7 32-bit, any chance you could add compatibility for NASA to work with Socketpunch? or maybe release a version of Houston that works on 32bit Windows please? :)

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run NASA through CakesFW emuNAND (which is on firmware 10.7) using ninjhax, it asks me which exploit I want to perform: either svchax or memchunkhax2. Which one is recommended for installing ANY .cia file, or doesn't it really matter?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run NASA through CakesFW emuNAND (which is on firmware 10.7) using ninjhax, it asks me which exploit I want to perform: either svchax or memchunkhax2. Which one is recommended for installing ANY .cia file, or doesn't it really matter?
if you're using emunand, you can install a CIA manager as a CIA itself. NASA has a CIA version if you prefer to use that, and it won't limit you to just legit ones. there's also others like Dev Menu/BigBlueMenu and FBI.

Reactions: VinsCool

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

It doesn't metter, as explained by the bootstrap, the only difference is in bootrate and firmwares support.
Anyway on 10.7 firmware it shouldn't ask you for that, are you using an old NATIVE_FIRM? (like 2.50-9 or lower?)

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, The version of Houston says Windows x86, yet it's not compatible with my Windows 7 32-bit, any chance you could add compatibility for NASA to work with Socketpunch? or maybe release a version of Houston that works on 32bit Windows please? :)

I have the same issues, about 32bit OS.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed NASA 1.3. I liked pressing a single button (Y) to install + delete. I sort of get turning it into a clearly printed option, but in a way that makes it take the same extra button press you would use in DevMenu, if you're just installing one title. Still, point to NASA for exiting when you press Start. I am just splitting hairs here.

More importantly though, I discovered that if you attempt to install JK's SaveManager with the delete after install option enabled, NASA 1.3 will error out and require holding the power button. I confirmed it a second time, so please look into it.

IT's just useless to report an error without saying the error you get. It's just unpatchable.

I mean... you can't just try it for yourself? I'm getting this both for o3DS and n3DS, even with version 1.4 and the latest version of JK's SaveManager.

It's a non-specific error, so how should I be more specific? It's the power button error, like I said. Hope you fix this by 1.5, I do like the idea of being able to recommend NASA.

kuYqJTQ.jpg

Update: The gf also tested NASA with 'Delete after install" enabled and it actually produced this same error installing DevMenu and the Monster Hunter X update, completely different files. My guess Rin would be there's just something wrong with the delete option. This is with US region 3DS's.

Can we please go back to press Y to install+delete?

Last edited by Pixel Eater,

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
I mean... you can't just try it for yourself? I'm getting this both for o3DS and n3DS, even with version 1.4 and the latest version of JK's SaveManager.

It's a non-specific error, so how should I be more specific? It's the power button error, like I said. Hope you fix this by 1.5, I do like the idea of being able to recommend NASA.

kuYqJTQ.jpg

Update: The gf also tested NASA with 'Delete after install" enabled and it actually produced this same error installing DevMenu and the Monster Hunter X update, completely different files. My guess Rin would be there's just something wrong with the delete option. This is with US region 3DS's.

Can we please go back to press Y to install+delete?
Getting the same error

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys!
I am pretty new to this and have a few questions. Can i use the newest version of NASA to install legit CIA files on a New3DSXL on 10.6E?
I would do it in the following order:
1. Browserhax to install Menuhax
2. Start NASA via Menuhax and install CIA.

Will this work?
By the way. Is the brick chance high?

Last edited by Matzeus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning