Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

BlueEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Started working on a install through wifi feature for NASA (so you'll not need anymore double space to install CIAs and you can install CIAs directly from PC).

Still undecided for the PC app name but it will probably called Houston.
That sounds awesome!
Also, Houston is a pretty good name

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this worked absolutely flawlessly. Booted first time every time I've used it (o3ds 10.3). Properly installed alpha sapphire and it shows up on the home screen. MUCH better than opening the modified version of FBI, having it not load, hard shutting down the 3ds and trying again literally 50+ times just to install one file. A+, and highly looking forward to seeing a version that installs over wifi!

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
people who still not successfully install the cia. try this method.

delete connection setting before launch homebrew launcher. its not same mean as disable wifi. delete connection setting through the system setting.

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a difference between disabling wireless and deleting internet connections though
I see.

Today I move the second N3DS which downgraded to 9.2.0-20U, and of course NASA not working on SYSNAND. But I then noticed NASA wouldn't work on EMUNAND 10.3.0-28U like the other one. The other N3DS is kinda a freak one, I got 90+% bootrate on ReiNANDand can use NASA on EMUNAND to install FBI.cia!

@Rinnegatamante The testing NASA build here works with 9.0-9.2 too, right? Why does the official 1.0 release not support 9.0-9.2?

Update: using the test build, I can install FBI CIA on ReiNAND 10.3 EMUNAND N3DS, after 4 fail boot.

Still 0% boot rate on ReiNAND EMUNAND 10.3 OF this N3DS using v. 1.0. The other N3DS can boot into v1.0 on EMUNAND 10.3 and install FBI.cia and legit CIA just fine.

I reused the files (which can be used of course) from the first N3DS onto the second one. Setting up file/folder structure, settings in the same way.

@Rinnegatamante please look into improve this. Other CIA manager in form of 3DSX has not been able to install onto N3DS EMUNAND, so if NASA can improve on this, it would benefit CFW a lot.

Last edited by tivu100,

Weekender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on O3DS, and turning on wireless for some reason is necessary (at least with my case).
I tried like 50+ times without wireless, and it wouldn't even budge.
But I tried turning on wireless and it worked like a charm on the second try!

EDIT: I've already been able to install two CIAs successfully. Thank you for this great tool!

Last edited by Weekender,

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has any one been able to install mh4u legit cia onto n3ds? I get invalid signature error. Except it installs fine on my o3ds.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can CONFIRM this method WORKS..... :teach: :bow: :) :toot:

I took a my second video for nasa. this video tested my launch method that I posted above and how eshop and updte work.

As background I did a few extra things which may have helped.

1. Bought a new Sandisk Ultra 8GB microSD with the grey red stripes.

2. On Windows 7 x64 PC formatted SD card fully to FAT32 32kB block size.

3. Downloaded Legit .cia files (unzipped with 7zip) to PC

4. On PC ensured backup files included ninjhax 2.5 files and manually created new NASA folder in 3ds folder (with inserted .3dsx and .smdh files)

5. .cia files were placed in main root directory

Note: It doesn't seem to matter what the name or file extension of the .cia files are called in the title. Its disregarded on importing to 3DS

6. Copied all files from PC to SD in one batch with copy and paste.

7. Put new card in N3DSXL 10.3 and reinstalled MenuHax (as it wasn't originally on the backup - needs internet!)

8. Reboot

9. Remove internet connection(s) from Internet settings in spannerworks. AS ABOVE METHOD RECOMMENDS.

10. Reboot (WiFi still enabled)

11. Reboot with Menuhax

12. Go to NASA and pray ... worked for me first time ..... SELECT BUTTON !!!!! to navigate

Good luck. :grog:

PS. If NASA, for some reason, repeatedly red screens on boot at some point then try this :

go to system settings -> internet settings -> new connection -> manual setup -> search for access point -> message: access points found -> cancel -> exit completely without making a new connection. Keep wifi on.

Hope that helps !

Last edited by koz,

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues with CIA's not installing?
EU o3ds 10.3

Those I know to be Legit EU cia's that come from bundles are working, but no other eu ones are? Neither are region frees?

Is there a way to install those?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Success!! you da man!

I didnt realize the arrow bottom left had all my apps/games, once I found that I got it working! haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you installing the correct titles for your region? if they're out of region you'll need to run them through gridlauncher

Even on 10.3? I thought we couldnt run out of region?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install flashcardtimewarp.cia on 10.3 sysnand with this ?
only if it's a "legit CIA" i.e. signed by Nintendo to work on any console.

I think flashcardtimewarp.cia is modified to use the highest version so Nintendo can't update it (unlike bluecardfix), but that might have invalidated the signature.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I think flashcardtimewarp.cia is modified to use the highest version so Nintendo can't update it (unlike bluecardfix), but that might have invalidated the signature.
Ok, so I have to use bluecardfix I think ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have to use bluecardfix I think ?
I don't know much about bluecardfix, though I hear you generally install it to sysnand as well so you can use older DS flash carts that Nintendo blocked. so maybe? it might cause a system update notification though.

if you want, I can try it out right now on a 10.3 sysnand system

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can I install flashcardtimewarp.cia on 10.3 sysnand with this ?

A legit cia is one that came from a preinstalled game on a limited edition console. I highly doubt Nintendo released a special Flashcard Timewarp console :-p

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know much about bluecardfix, though I hear you generally install it to sysnand as well so you can use older DS flash carts that Nintendo blocked. so maybe? it might cause a system update notification though.

if you want, I can try it out right now on a 10.3 sysnand system
That would be nice !Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs