ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I understand. It's strange though, I need a golden cricket for the quest and that's it. I checked and have 982, so no max, but I can't turn in the quest.

I cancel and took the quest again with no success, but the strange thing is for a board quest that needed the same item it worked fine and right away.

Then I took a different blue quest that needed some other item and it also worked right away, so yeah, weird.
Some quests require you to get at least one more of what is needed even if you already have enough, so keep that in mind. All quests are easily completed with the item edit though since you only need to get 1 more of the item at most.

HolyBash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone loan me a usa copy of there save file idc what progress u made into my 3ds got fucked and i gotta start it a new plz help me

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the work!

Just completed the game and have some pretty strong monster with great genes, however they are not properly lined up for bingos.

I am considering to arrange the genes properly for bingos using this save editor but do I risk getting banned if I play online with the edited save file? (I would play clean online by using clean monsters but will the game detects that my save file is edited?)

MapleBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Guys can you tell me how can I change a monster like i have a velocidrome and i want to change it to a gloden rathian so how can I change it

Robert313

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone can help i have two 3ds one i use only for homebrew... I just recently got mhs and i was trying to edit my save data the only problem is it saves to the sd card which is the one i don't have homebrew for

Damien_C

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anybody meet with this problem?

ad06a5317805f24f3bcf4f7f9186347.png
e759c7e3231e27877b5582013e1fd9d.png

it seems like the data is misplaced so that all of the things are garbled, but this problem only appears with the "monsters" editing, everything else is all right.

it just seems like this, every monster after editing doesn't work, but other things are ok to edit.

Can anybody help me?

ps:it's a JPN rom, with Chinese translation.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... not entirely ignoring the possibility that the editor is dead, but if I find the exact byte on monsters that controls the attribute type (fire/water/etc.) of the monster, would it be possible to get it added? I'm decent with code, so I should be able to add it to to a fork in github/make a merge request (along with changing the gene readout to English on gene editor dropdowns, as I already have a list of the official gene names), if need be - although it will be potentially slower than someone familiar with the source setting it up.

about the monstie attribute changing: changing type via genes is easy enough - its changing type back that's [next to] impossible. In most cases it just results in a monstie that's a different color and has a different element on their kinship skill. However for cosmetic reasons/intentional kinship type changing after finally getting your ideal genes/reverting an accidental attribute change after saving, it could be helpful to have in the editor.

Just figured I'd ask considering people can get touchy about edits to their code - even those with source provided in cases like this.

EDIT: Judging by the readme.md, I'll just go ahead and fork and send the merge request for whenever you get a chance to look at it

Last edited by iSharingan,

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so... not entirely ignoring the possibility that the editor is dead, but if I find the exact byte on monsters that controls the attribute type (fire/water/etc.) of the monster, would it be possible to get it added? I'm decent with code, so I should be able to add it to to a fork in github/make a merge request (along with changing the gene readout to English on gene editor dropdowns, as I already have a list of the official gene names), if need be - although it will be potentially slower than someone familiar with the source setting it up.

about the monstie attribute changing: changing type via genes is easy enough - its changing type back that's [next to] impossible. In most cases it just results in a monstie that's a different color and has a different element on their kinship skill. However for cosmetic reasons/intentional kinship type changing after finally getting your ideal genes/reverting an accidental attribute change after saving, it could be helpful to have in the editor.

Just figured I'd ask considering people can get touchy about edits to their code - even those with source provided in cases like this.

EDIT: Judging by the readme.md, I'll just go ahead and fork and send the merge request for whenever you get a chance to look at it

Yes. it should be pretty easy given offsets. Thx for the hard work.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. it should be pretty easy given offsets. Thx for the hard work.
I'm actually working on the item translations as well (Read as: I compared the google translate results a coupel dozen at a time to my non-entirely-legit save's complete item list) and it should be as simple as going item by item on the in-game all items list and writing down the in game item name. I've already identified the dummy items (and freaking Tamazo who you can't get rid of if added via the editor - even if the "Tamazo in Trouble" DLC quest is re-selected as active)

as for Key items, there's only one mismatch in count between what my game shows and whats in the editor (Likely a dummied out navirou outfit for JPN bear mascot event or tied to the Kurenai Goukami event)

Last edited by iSharingan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."