ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • The file you want to load is called: mhr_game0.sav
The software doesn't explain how to edit things. But there is a tutorial on how to edit monster eggs, monster stats, armor, weapons etc. The skills though are tricky to edit and I've actually had some trouble with one of my monsters because I wanted to make my monster use Fly. So I would stay away from editing skills.

But money is pretty easy and editing items are pretty easy too.

If you need anything else just let me know,

Avery

Thanks again!

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I have been editing my skills on my Green Rathian (Hurricane). Before I edited her skills, she hade Nest Search (10) as a skill and I changed it to is fly (01). When I booted back up into my game after editing She wouldn't fly even when I pressed (B). So I looked at her stats and I noticed something strange. In Monsterpedia it says she still has Nest Search as a skill even though I took it off and the only skill she should have now is Fly. So I checked the Status Menu and Change Party menus and they both say that she has the skill Fly. Did I do something wrong when editing my Green Rathian? I attached pictures too of each Menu I checked and what settings i changed in the editor.

Thank You,
Avery.
Not all skills are compatible to all monsters. If you give dinovaldo velcidrome's jump, he will jump but when he lands the game will get stuck. Rathian is not supposed to have fly. The logic is not coded in game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you read the tutorial MONSTER - SKILL carefully, it writes "Enforcing imcompatible skills could lead to game stuck or game crash." from day 1....

excuse me, why does some of the eggs give me an error 'egg size'? some of the dlc eggs work like a charm, but others not
WHat value did you put in the egg size field?

The new version update "should" come out later today or tomorrow.. I've been busy for the weekend..

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to alter a monster's element via this? It seems to be a tried and true thing that you can alter elements by getting enough of a certain element's attack stat up, but apparently, being born with +6 Dragon didn't give my nargacuga an element change.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whats the max value or what should we type on the egg weight?

Updated my elite 4 to elite 5.
Optimized further some gene combinations of monsters and added gold rathian -> mainly fire element and applying poison. Also optimized deviljho's potent skill to pursuit (deal extra damage when the opponent has status - fire/poison/paralysis,etc). So use gold/silver to apply status and demolish with deviljho.

Also, I keep getting Wrong Egg file size with these.

Last edited by xscaralienx,

Ncrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got two questions:

1. Is Dinovaldo a DLC monster
2. Can somebody post a decent Dinovaldo to import

Thx guys

edit:
if its a dlc monster how do I get it

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got two questions:

1. Is Dinovaldo a DLC monster
2. Can somebody post a decent Dinovaldo to import

Thx guys

edit:
if its a dlc monster how do I get it
you either save edit egg fragments, or save edit eggs, or wait for the dlc to come out. dinvaldo is dlc. silver rathalos performs better than dinovaldo. I haven't looked into its build yet but depending on the skills it learns, either elemental ( refer to my silver los build) or physical ( refer to my deviljho build).

Whats the max value or what should we type on the egg weight?

Also, I keep getting Wrong Egg file size with these.
Those are monsters, not eggs.

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Question: teostra weapons have fire element and blast status. Teostra armor have Burn rate up and Burn extension skill. Fire element can inflict Burn status as a secondary effect, or maybe this armor set is Kinda useless ( i don't see weapon with Burn status nowhere...)?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have been editing my skills on my Green Rathian (Hurricane). Before I edited her skills, she hade Nest Search (10) as a skill and I changed it to is fly (01). When I booted back up into my game after editing She wouldn't fly even when I pressed (B).
Are you attempting this before you gain access to the volcano? You cannot use Fly until after a certain story event where the game forces a tutorial on you. Even if you have a monster that legitimately has fly. (I tried it with my Barioth.)

@secXsQuared
Is it possible for a save editor to alter the element of a monster? This can be done via gene-passing, it seems, but a monster born with 6 attack in whatever doesn't change type. You have to merge monsters in order to get it.

Reactions: Avery19000

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are on 11.5, there's not much you can do. However, there have been a few homebrew entrypoints for that version, like the RPG Maker one, but none of them have been free so far. Your best chance is waiting until the next entrypoint for homebrew is made public and getting it before Ninty fixes it... You can check this page every so often to see if a new one is out but you have a better chance of finding one before it gets patched by following smea on twitter: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you can get your hands on a flashcard you can get homebrews or more, check 3ds.guide for more details since I haven't really looked into it. Finally, just for the record, it IS possible to extract your extra data manually without homebrew using a computer, but you can't restore it since it can't be re-encrypted.
Thanks for the info :) I had no idea about that site, I am completely new to this. I am thinking about buying one of the games if I can get it cheap enough. apparently the game gets insanely hard and is bugged later in the game where regular creatures can 1 shot you even with top end gear so. I saw people complaining across the net.

ianchriss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oh, my bad :P. but what about the egg weight? I have tried 00, 99 and the same that the dummy one has but I have no luck spawning eggs.

eggs, seleccionas el slot ( suponiendo que no hay ninguno pues el 1 ) set dummy , editas el numero para el monstie que quieres , el peso lo puedes dejar en 84, si quieres editar los genes 2 clicks sobre el slot

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the info :) I had no idea about that site, I am completely new to this. I am thinking about buying one of the games if I can get it cheap enough. apparently the game gets insanely hard and is bugged later in the game where regular creatures can 1 shot you even with top end gear so. I saw people complaining across the net.
You are welcome. Btw, if you have looked at the methods available on 3ds.guide (that's a website too in case you aren't aware and usually updates the entrypoints and methods faster than that wiki page I linked) you may have seen that hardmodding is also an option and can get you instant cfw without the need for a second 3ds, but highly recommend against unless you are good with soldering or have someone who knows their stuff do it for you. One things about that wiki page, you need a "primary exploit", for the secondary ones, you NEED to have access to a primary one and generally just offer more stability (not as important as you'd think if you just want save editing)!

I know about the one shots, end-game armor maxed out with Lagiacrus GS (one of the best weps in the game thanks to both high raw and having decently good Thunder to which most things are weak against) and with a monster with 600+ in all stats and even the regular stuff in the tower literally obliterate you, let alone dual high rank Jhos after they start spamming Gluttony! Without save editing you will end up with PTSD if you try to go for 100% completion:P It's not a bug, it's just Capcom being Capcom making it a pain to play the post game just to justify the 50€ price tag...

Last edited by ThoD,

Ncrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are welcome. Btw, if you have looked at the methods available on 3ds.guide (that's a website too in case you aren't aware and usually updates the entrypoints and methods faster than that wiki page I linked) you may have seen that hardmodding is also an option and can get you instant cfw without the need for a second 3ds, but highly recommend against unless you are good with soldering or have someone who knows their stuff do it for you. One things about that wiki page, you need a "primary exploit", for the secondary ones, you NEED to have access to a primary one and generally just offer more stability (not as important as you'd think if you just want save editing)!

I know about the one shots, end-game armor maxed out with Lagiacrus GS (one of the best weps in the game thanks to both high raw and having decently good Thunder to which most things are weak against) and with a monster with 600+ in all stats and even the regular stuff in the tower literally obliterate you, let alone dual high rank Jhos after they start spamming Gluttony! Without save editing you will end up with PTSD if you try to go for 100% completion:P It's not a bug, it's just Capcom being Capcom making it a pain to play the post game just to justify the 50€ price tag...

That Lagiacrus GS is what type of weapon ?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That Lagiacrus GS is what type of weapon ?
Great sword, lol:P Lagia Lightning has 124 attack, 8 thunder, 3% affinity and Thunder Slash as skill

Btw, I just experimented a bit to see what happens if you put 999 in a stat, 255 IVs and have the game do the stat recalculation... results are a bit WAY TOO OP!:rofl2: Examples"
Nargacuga with 999 HP, 991 Atk and 4181 Def
Silver Los with 999 HP, 4342 Atk and 2910 Def and most importantly and hilariously...
Gold Rathian with 623 HP, 1696 Atk and how much defense? 9477!:P

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
eggs, seleccionas el slot ( suponiendo que no hay ninguno pues el 1 ) set dummy , editas el numero para el monstie que quieres , el peso lo puedes dejar en 84, si quieres editar los genes 2 clicks sobre el slot

So I have to make a dummy one and edit it to make eggs? Still, how do I know which values are to make light or heavy eggs? It's nowhere in the tutorial document.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda noob at the game, so even if i know how to create a good egg, i don't know what gene and skills to use.
Is there a list or something like that where i can see what is good in each monster? Or a list of exported good eggs?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have to make a dummy one and edit it to make eggs? Still, how do I know which values are to make light or heavy eggs? It's nowhere in the tutorial document.
The game doesn't rightly care what weight the egg is, I've noticed. It's only there to let you know when egg-hunting how much potential the egg has. I've taken a lightweight egg and hacked all 9 genes to be full and the game really doesn't care.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Seriously? Just look at the editor!:/
CKVXmhZ.png

Don't tell me you don't see the entire column with the weights! Just think logically, 0 is 0 weight and if you try to put too high a value it won't let you.

Btw, is max weight FF or it goes up to FE leaving FF out? I need a max weight egg for a subquest that needs a very heavy egg.

Last edited by ThoD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse