[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by secXsQuared, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Akhata

Akhata Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Brazil
    Minas Gerais
    Hello! Great work. I've never edited saves or anything. What do I need to extract my save? I'm playing a digital copy of the game. Is there a "newbie" step by step? Thanks a lot!

Edit1: I'm sorry! I've done a little search and found a way to extract my save file. I'm not sure if i'm correct, but we shall see! lol

Last edited by Akhata, Nov 10, 2017
  2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You need access to the homebrew launcher or a CFW to start. If you have either, simply use JKSV to backup the save file. However, the save is found under the "ext data" option, so heads up about that. Once you have backed it up, make a copy of it on your computer (in case you mess something up, always make copies), edit the save however you want, then import with JKSV. Simple as that!

Akhata likes this.
  3. Akhata

Akhata Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2017
    Brazil
    Minas Gerais
    Thank you very much for your kindness. I've managed to do everything. AWESOME WORK from all ppl involved! thanks a lot for your help!

ThoD likes this.
  4. Suicuark

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    I used checkpoint to extract extdata of the game (it's a non JPN digital copy). I opened the editor and opened the mhr_game0.sav then edited a few things. I tried restoring the whole folder back in with checkpoint but none of the changes got applied. Any thoughts?
    EDIT: Nevermind,it worked with JKSM. Thanks for the tool!

Last edited by Suicuark, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    Hello there

I am completely new to all of this and I am lost as all hell. If someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate this. I don't know how to extract my savedata or any of that. Does my 3ds need to be hacked? I'm so confused.

Last edited by Mikihisa0708, Nov 17, 2017
  6. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You need either access to the HomeBrew Menu or CFW. If you have either one, use JKSM to export the save (it's under "ext data", NOT "save"), edit it, then import back in. Keep backups when editing in case you mess up.

7. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm going to sound like an idiot...but how do I access either of them? I've downloaded a bunch of files and stuff and threw them into my 3DS but I don't know what works and what doesn't. Also, does my 3ds need to have a certain system version for this to work?

EDIT: Ok, so I figured out the steps to access the Homerbrew menu but I get an error on the 3ds browser.

It says "This browser version is not recognized/supported by 3ds_browserhax_common. Whether this also applies to the exploit you're using is a separate matter"

Last edited by Mikihisa0708, Nov 17, 2017
  8. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You need a flashcart if your firmware is 11.4 or above. Exploits only work on specific versions.

9. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    A Flashcart? Sorry I have no idea what that is. How does it work? Where can I get it? What does it do?

10. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's one of those special carts that allow you to play pirated games and stuff (eg: R4i). They cost about 15-20$, with one of the supported ones, you can install CFW (so you basically only need it for one use). However, first tell me what your firmware is in case there are alternatives.

11. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    Ver. 11.6.0-39U

It's a "New" 3DS system. I just want to export my save data so i can use the editor. I'm having a hard time doing that.

12. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You CAN'T do it without using a flashcart to install CFW first. If you have a second 3DS at a lower firmware or one with CFW already, then you can get CFW without a flashcart and then backup your saves. On stock systems that have 11.4 or above, it's impossible to do things like backing up and restoring saves. Check this page to see what your options are for each firmware: https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

13. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    Ok, I just want to be sure that I understood this. When I get my hands on a flashcart and install custom firmware on my 3DS I can then export my saves and use the editor to modify the save data?

14. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Yup. You can also keep backups of saves in case you want to start over any games without losing any actual progress and so on. With CFW you can basically do pretty much anything you want on the 3DS (even run win 95:P). Anyway, check some threads asking the same thing in the 3DS homebrew section to find more info.

15. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    Ok, thank you for your replies and I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I have a friend (who has a friend) who has a Flashcart he can borrow. I'm trying to see if he can install the CFW for me.

16. luis_c898

luis_c898 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    Spain
    anyone can share a barioth armor
    i can't buy it in the misions
    (sorry for the bad english, i'm a spanish boy

Crussade666 likes this.
  17. luis_c898

luis_c898 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    Spain
    armor list??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

pleaseeee

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sorry for write all this but my massages don't appear:mellow:

18. N0R7H

N0R7H Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2017
    Spain
    Does anyone have a save with the pre-order monsties and the amiibo monsties?

19. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    No need, just look at the spreadsheet linked in the OP and you can find the files to inject them in your game.

20. Kuchen

Kuchen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    When I tried to export my 1.3 Japan save, to fix some trsh monsters I had for the new content, I noticed that my monsters names were all gibberish, they were Level 255, had ridiculous stats and the UID and everything else was nonsensical. I changed up some stuff, imported it and now my game crashes everytime I try to change my party members.

Save Editor not compatible with 1.3 or what is up with it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice