ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Absunine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have anything showing how IV's work in this game? I'm curious and i don't feel like breaking stats.
[This has already happened once. IE: a Nargacuga with with 65k defense.]

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do we have anything showing how IV's work in this game? I'm curious and i don't feel like breaking stats.
[This has already happened once. IE: a Nargacuga with with 65k defense.]
Are you sure it was 65K? I'm pretty sure stats cap at 9999 with HP capping at 999... What values did you use? For narga the most defense I've gotten is around 4900 with 255 in IVs. As for how they work, looking from a couple tests incrementing IVs in the same more for about a dozen values, it would seem that it's roughly 1% of original stat per IV point, but it could just be a coincidence considering I only did values 0-15 and how with 255 you get things like 9500 def Gold Rathian. This really needs some research, if we know the formula we can find the actual optimal IVs.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure it was 65K? I'm pretty sure stats cap at 9999 with HP capping at 999... What values did you use? For narga the most defense I've gotten is around 4900 with 255 in IVs. As for how they work, looking from a couple tests incrementing IVs in the same more for about a dozen values, it would seem that it's roughly 1% of original stat per IV point, but it could just be a coincidence considering I only did values 0-15 and how with 255 you get things like 9500 def Gold Rathian. This really needs some research, if we know the formula we can find the actual optimal IVs.
I have done some research for the JPN version. Hmmm the only thing I know right now is written in the tutorial - they are not linear. More specifically, there is one or more different "turning points" for individual stats of different monsters where the stat "jumps" to something ridiculous. But between turning points, the stats increase linearly ( 1 point for +3 HP, +2 Def, +1 Atk).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not directly, nope. They are individually calculated then combined, not combined then multiplied.
Dragon aura stacks with X boost (X= fire/ice/....) and X scale.

@dendoh the crimson gene (apparently fatalis gene) is actually the Kurenai Goukami Gene in the US/UK versions so the value is 0143. I found out about it because I was curious about it and tested it myself :)
Crimson Gene isn't really fatalis gene. Fatalis gene is in the middle of the list somewhere.

Absunine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i'm sure it is, I can actually show an image if you'd like to see it~
I did keep it after all, since i don't do pvp against people.

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are two special eggs that I've exported, for those who want more than one copy of the eggs for different builds.
The Great Poogie(Rarity 9) and Epona(Rarity 2).
------------------
Screenshots are from the JP version but the eggs are from the NA version.

------------------
jGnGw9Y.png
M6yG8iW.png

DIdYB9S.png
a0oFKVT.png

Enjoy!:lol:

Attachments

• Monsrer Hunter Stories - Great Poogie Egg.zip
    494 bytes · Views: 977
  • Monster Hunter Stories - Epona Egg.zip
    494 bytes · Views: 1,072

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, i have another questions:
- all element up stack with X scale and dragon aura?
- all status rate+ stack with X status rate+?

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason you can't release them is not because of the save editor. Your Battle Party is the team used for online play, this is different from the Active Party. The game automatically defaults the first three monsters you obtain for your Battle Party. Go into the Network Battle section from the main menu then into Battle Preparation, and then Battle Party. Change it however you wish, you still need at least one monstie in the Battle Party though.
Thank you, I need to do some more testing but I don't really want to

I edited mana_ran's spreadsheet with proper english names for everything (for personal use, just wanted to share it)
- added a column for skill effects
- added a column listing which monsties come with each gene
- fixed Goukami Gene origin, it is not Fatalis Gene, it's a gene from a future DLC monstie called Kurenai Goukami
- filled with blue color genes that can't be found on any monstie and have no description or skill in the game but they still work, or unreleased genes
- left yellow colored original notes by mana_ran

Proper English names, skill effects and gens on monsties taken form Kiranico.com with the exception of The Great Poogie's, Kiranico lists Draconic Gene (L) as the gene it hatches with when in reality it hatches with Great Poogie Gene

These genes can not be channeled, putting them on a monstie from where they come is illegal, if you still want to use them on mosties which can not have them please play clean and don't use them online
- Goukami Gene (from Kurenai Goukami)
- Epona Gene (From Epona)
- Great Poogie Gene (From The Great Poogie)

Attachments

• MHS_Genelist_r02_forsent.rar
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,365
Last edited by ares9090,
Reactions: secXsQuared

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, i have another questions:
- all element up stack with X scale and dragon aura?
- all status rate+ stack with X status rate+?
1. All elemental up does not stack with those. X elemental up provides a larger boost than all elemental up. So if you want max X element you want to get - X scale, X attack up L, dragon aura, and quick X (optional since it only boosts the dmg for the first 3 turns). And as much raw dmg (atk up L, peak performance, etc.) since elemental dmg is also tied to raw dmg.

2. No

Thank you, I need to do some more testing but I don't really want to

I edited mana_ran's spreadsheet with proper english names for everything (for personal use, just wanted to share it)
- added a column for skill effects
- added a column listing which monsties come with each gene
- fixed Goukami Gene origin, it is not Fatalis Gene, it's a gene from a future DLC monstie called Kurenai Goukami
- filled with blue color genes that can't be found on any monstie and have no description or skill in the game but they still work, or unreleased genes
- left yellow colored original notes by mana_ran

Proper English names, skill effects and gens on monsties taken form Kiranico.com with the exception of The Great Poogie's, Kiranico lists Draconic Gene (L) as the gene it hatches with when in reality it hatches with Great Poogie Gene

These genes can not be channeled, putting them on a monstie from where they come is illegal, if you still want to use them on mosties which can not have them please play clean and don't use them online
- Goukami Gene (from Kurenai Goukami)
- Epona Gene (From Epona)
- Great Poogie Gene (From The Great Poogie)

Thank you very much! Great work!! May I link this to the tutorial?

Here are two special eggs that I've exported, for those who want more than one copy of the eggs for different builds.
The Great Poogie(Rarity 9) and Epona(Rarity 2).
------------------
Screenshots are from the JP version but the eggs are from the NA version.

------------------
jGnGw9Y.png
M6yG8iW.png

DIdYB9S.png
a0oFKVT.png

Enjoy!:lol:
Will link in the tutorial!

arunakiri495

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Could somebody make a videotutoria on what is neccesary to be able to import save data and how to edit it please? I'm not good with numbers nor pc stuff and i don't want to mess up accidentaly. I would really appreaciate it.

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I finally got my 3ds set up with jksm and all that, I even backed up my pokemon moon game save, however.... I am having troubles with monster hunter stories. Its giving me an error even after loading it up and saving the game: Error opening save archive. I also lost the link to the main site where I got this forum from too. I am sorry for asking again but can anyone help me out here thanks!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok I finally got my 3ds set up with jksm and all that, I even backed up my pokemon moon game save, however.... I am having troubles with monster hunter stories. Its giving me an error even after loading it up and saving the game: Error opening save archive. I also lost the link to the main site where I got this forum from too. I am sorry for asking again but can anyone help me out here thanks!
As it's been explained countless times already, the save data is actually under "Extra Data". It even says that first thing when loading the game to play! Many new games are like that now, especially any new releases that run in extended memory mode (that mode where the 3ds resets when loading or exiting the game on games like MHGen/XX/St).

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
secXsQuared

Just got my hands on a US Hero Set DLC code, here are the egg files, and please, feel free to add the link to the tutorial

Does anyone else have access to the Preorder DLC Eggs? I can upload the Explorers Set Eggs I got today, as with update 1.21 of the Save Editor, we can extract eggs.

Explorers Set Eggs are:
Yian Kut-Ku (Ice), Lagombi (Thunder), Rathian (Water) and Zinogre (Fire).

I have these in exported egg format, and I have attached them to this post, had to 7z the first as my browser wouldn't allow bin files to be attached to this post.

Can anyone else get the others? Need the Riders Set (Zinogre (Ice), Tygrex (Fire), Nargacuga (Lightning) and Khezu (Water)), and the Hero Set (Rathalos (Ice), Lagiacrus (Fire), Brachydios (Lightning) and Qurupeco (Water)). If some kind soul could extract these from their game, before hatching said monsties, then posting them here, it would be swell.

Kind regards,

Ryuragnas

US Hero Set in egg format

Attachments

• MHS Hero Set.rar
    688 bytes · Views: 563

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16