Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone! I just got this bad boy completely finished, so I am releasing it for those who know what they are doing to mess around with (until Android support is added to the save editor for the 3DS version). This program is to be run on Windows, Mac, or Linux PCs that support Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8.0_221 and up (it obviously needs to be installed properly, which means the Java main executable's containing folder needs to be added to the PATH, as well as be the default installed version). Read the instructions in the README.txt file before using the program. The place where you extract the files is important!

The item IDs for the game and their order in the save file match the 3DS save editor's digits, but the items' offset starts at 0x70 in the file instead of 0x10, and most offsets are off by 0x50 to 0x80, and sometimes more, mostly due to changes to Monstie data size changes and the addition of the checksum that this program fixes. If anyone wants the starting offsets for each data type, check out my fork of mhsec-g on GitHub here. Just look through Offsets.cs for 'Version.ANDROID', and the addresses are there.

Hopefully I can finish adding Android support to the 3DS save editor SOON™, but this should be helpful in the meantime. Enjoy!

Attachments

• MHS-Android-Checksum-Fixer.7z
    194.4 KB · Views: 401
  • MHS-Android-Checksum-Fixer-src.7z
    339.3 KB · Views: 345
Reactions: gold972

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hope your game development is doing great!
Your github has been incredibly helpful and I wanted to thank you for that! I hope the actual save editor still releases some day, though.

Reactions: Maq47

AtlasS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a hiatus from the Save Editor because I'm helping develop a game. I don't know when I'll be able to resume this project at the moment, but I'll be sure to post any updates here.
Has there been any progress on this?

asdfOK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Input file is incorrect size! Aborting...

can you help me how to fix this? I installed the latest version 1.0.4 on playstore.
if needed, I'll send you my save file.

gbatemp(.)net/threads/release-monster-hunter-stories-save-editor-mhsec-g.445467/post-8311208

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche