ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could send my file if you'd like, I just want to fix that

Should I send most recent save or the file I have atm on me? only difference is recent just has more things
Doesn't matter, as long as:
1. It reproduces the problem
2. It can be re-injected into the game and recognized as a valid save.
Send it to me via PM.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could send my file if you'd like, I just want to fix that

Should I send most recent save or the file I have atm on me? only difference is recent just has more things
Sorry, can't reproduce your error.
I DLed your save and modded a new talisman, no problems.
Reloaded the save in the editor to make sure nothing was scrambled, and it wasn't.
Injected the save back into the game (MHGen), and it loaded up fine.

The only thing I can think of is the bug that is triggered when you click on one of the headers to sort the list of talisman.
This produces erroneous results with the grade of the talisman not matching the actual one.
I had trouble fixing this bug so I completely disabled this functionality (you can't click on the headers any more) so I don't know how you could've triggered it.

Thanks for providing your save for debugging, but unfortunately I can't fix since I can't reproduce.

JazzHandz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me what would happen is I'd change the game from mh4u to mhgen/mhx

and change the language to english before loading my save into it

would that reproduce the error?

Silvius78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i have a problem with this can you please help me ?

I edit some charm then save change and re-inject the system file into my 3ds, it show up in your program but not ingame when i log into MHGen

temakixai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there really not a way to get talismans above their natural limit in MHGen? it feels pretty pointless just having a skill at like 3 or something when i really need it at 15 >.<
Cus I know the AR Powersaves with MH4U could let you make talismans with whatever levels you wanted, though annoyingly they only went up to 14 and not 15.
but at least that was alright and you just used charms to fill up that 1 point XD

So how come this game loads talismans in with no skills if they're above the limit?

Edit:
Oh okay, that's weird. While it displays no skills in the talismans on the equip screen, it DID show them when on the upgrade/equip charms screen in the smithy. And while even after equipping some charms it still had no skills listed in the box, I noticed the effects were working in battle.
In the middle of the quest still so until I finish off this lamgombi I can't check if it's displaying them properly in the box now

Edit 2: Nope, it still doesn't display the skills D:

Last edited by temakixai,

temakixai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its one of many "anti-cheat" measures they took after seeing how people were griping about how ridiculous many of the cheated sets were in MH4U.
I personally really don't understand why people are so upset about that. It's not even like this is a competitive game.
In PVP situations or otherwise competitive games I can completely understand a flak against cheating but otherwise I don't get it, and hate seeing anti-cheat responses to threads and stuff.

But like, how does this really have that much of an impact? if a player has one or maybe two useful little skills cus of a talisman. it's not suddenly going to make the game too easy or break anything. It's still the same game with the same challenge and it really doesn't affect the people playing fairly as far as I can see. >~<

(p.s. also your icon is cute /) )

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But like, how does this really have that much of an impact? if a player has one or maybe two useful little skills cus of a talisman. it's not suddenly going to make the game too easy or break anything. It's still the same game with the same challenge and it really doesn't affect the people playing fairly as far as I can see. >~<

(p.s. also your icon is cute /) )
I know for a fact because I did it that you could reach upwards of 15-16 armor skills between gem cramming, absurd talismans, and coupling the first exploit with Torso Up parts (most of those skills were the relic gem skills that had the effects of several normal skills, so otherwise the equivalent of 25-30 normal armor skills). Both exploits were 'fixed' as of MHGen - though that doesnt account for NTR now as that can be used to bypass the safeguards or eevn give armor skills regardless of armor/gems). At my peak, I found you could reach high enough damage (especially with a max damage relic CB or my signature shot level 11 relic GL) to easily kill G-rank Apex monsters in under a minute. my broken GL in particular could 6-shot a HR Khezu while still using a legit G-rank armor set. I experimented a bit, but shot 11 seemed to be the peak for damage). And dont get me started on the 23000 blast Dual Blades or 25000 stun/sleep weapon shenanigans that reduced the game to a stationary button-mash-fest.

Needless to say it has a very real potential to ruin the fun for others.

Last edited by iSharingan,

v18281

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
In MHXX, I tried to apply the max skill values specified in https://mhxxx.kiranico.com/amulet by RAM editting, but those values don't seem to be legal. For example, the max legal values of hearing is still 5 in the first slot and 3 in the second slot as in MHX. Am I missing something here?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It works perfectly, however I'm having some doubts that the charm I made is legit. Does the game still transform impossible charms into dummies?

have_full

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, will look into this.
Currently still busy finding all the new skill limits for every skill... (and of course playing the game)

in my case when the value over the limit, it doesn't crashed the game,
rather than just make skills and value blanked.

Also,
kiranico's charm value still unfinished,
I assume we can't rely on it yet

Last edited by have_full,

v18281

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It works perfectly, however I'm having some doubts that the charm I made is legit. Does the game still transform impossible charms into dummies?
you can equip charms with illegal values? mine just blank out the values when i equip them, but the values are still displayed if i am just swapping equipment.
also, can anyone get "hearing," for example, to 7 as shown in the kiranico website? i cant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in my case when the value over the limit, it doesn't crashed the game,
rather than just make skills and value blanked.

Also,
kiranico's charm value still unfinished,
I assume we can't rely on it yet
i tried the max values of a few skills and they all seem to be the same as in mhx, rather than the values shown in that kiranico page. maybe the website is wrong or im doing something wrong.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can equip charms with illegal values? mine just blank out the values when i equip them, but the values are still displayed if i am just swapping equipment.
also, can anyone get "hearing," for example, to 7 as shown in the kiranico website? i cant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i tried the max values of a few skills and they all seem to be the same as in mhx, rather than the values shown in that kiranico page. maybe the website is wrong or im doing something wrong.

No, I was just asking because I was unsure about the charm I made, but I did try to stay in the legit values and apparently it turned out to be after all.

I tried Hearing +7 as the second skill and like you it gave me a blank charm (no skills displayed whatsoever), however I did manage to make a Spirit+5 - Critical Up+5 which I'm pretty sure didn't exist in X/Gen.

Last edited by Kibido,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs