ROM Hack [Release] Mario Kart 7 Online NTR Plugin

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so since the compatibility problem with CTGP-7 has gotten so bad, I'm going to leave this post here and no longer provide support regarding this topic. I receive complaints on a daily basis, whether that be by email, Discord, YouTube, or on this thread, regarding the "outdated plugin file" error. These two projects are not affiliated with each other. From what I can tell, it seems that the CTGP-7 plugin was developed without regard for other plugins, even for completely different games, and therefore will not allow you to load any plugin other than the official CTGP-7 plugin on any game, including Mario Kart 7 and including my plugin.

There is nothing outdated about this plugin. When you use CTGP-7, it replaces the boot.firm on your SD Card. It seems almost nobody is aware of this, so I'm going to make it clear now. When the error screen is referring to an "outdated plugin file," it is actually checking whatever plugin it's attempting to load against the latest CTGP-7 plugin, which obviously nothing will match other than the official plugin they released. You're getting this error because Luma isn't actually using the official boot.firm file or the modified 9.1 file (either will work with my plugin).

Solution #1: On the previous page. Chainload the Ctgp-7 boot.firm so that it only uses it when you want to.

Solution #2: Replace the modified CTGP-7 boot.firm with the original one every you use it.

Please share this post with anyone who is still having the "outdated plugin file" error. This has by far been the biggest complaint/problem that the plugin has ever had.

Last edited by DarkFlare69,

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New minor update 3.8.2 is out. This update was made with o3DS users in mind.

Changelog:
-Much more memory efficient
-Cleaned up other parts of the code to also try and make it run better for o3DS users

The menu will still lag a little bit for o3ds users (that's inevitable with such a large plugin) but all of the codes should be accessible with patience. When scrolling up or down, don't keep spamming the up/down button, do it slowly and deliberately. Using that method I was able to activate all the codes without much of a problem. Outside of the menu, they all should run completely fine together and not cause any lag or other problems.

Download here: https://github.com/DarkFlare69/MK7-Online-NTR-Plugin-v3/raw/master/MarioKart7.3gx

Reactions: CymraegAce

Mike9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The cheats don't freeze anymore but some cheats require you to use start or select but they both pause your game so it's impossible to use them

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheats don't freeze anymore but some cheats require you to use start or select but they both pause your game so it's impossible to use them
You're not intended to keep the original Select button configuration for the menu. Go into settings and reconfigure the button combination to something you don't ever touch naturally, personally I use ZL on the N3DS since it's not even part of the game at all.
As for the Start button, yes that can be annoying offline, but this plugin was built mainly for online use.

Remember everyone, this plugin is completely open source and anyone who has the ability to type basic things can change the button combinations, no programming knowledge is needed at all.
Wherever you see
Code:
if (Controller::IsKeyDown(X))
or any other button, X is just the example, you can change it very easily to something like
Code:
if (Controller::IsKeyDown(DPadLeft))
As long as you don't touch anything else besides the button in parentheses, you won't break the plugin.

i keep getting an error saying it needs to update the plugin. can you give me the latest 3gx or plg?
Okay so since the compatibility problem with CTGP-7 has gotten so bad, I'm going to leave this post here and no longer provide support regarding this topic. I receive complaints on a daily basis, whether that be by email, Discord, YouTube, or on this thread, regarding the "outdated plugin file" error. These two projects are not affiliated with each other. From what I can tell, it seems that the CTGP-7 plugin was developed without regard for other plugins, even for completely different games, and therefore will not allow you to load any plugin other than the official CTGP-7 plugin on any game, including Mario Kart 7 and including my plugin.

There is nothing outdated about this plugin. When you use CTGP-7, it replaces the boot.firm on your SD Card. It seems almost nobody is aware of this, so I'm going to make it clear now. When the error screen is referring to an "outdated plugin file," it is actually checking whatever plugin it's attempting to load against the latest CTGP-7 plugin, which obviously nothing will match other than the official plugin they released. You're getting this error because Luma isn't actually using the official boot.firm file or the modified 9.1 file (either will work with my plugin).

Solution #1: On the previous page. Chainload the Ctgp-7 boot.firm so that it only uses it when you want to.

Solution #2: Replace the modified CTGP-7 boot.firm with the original one every you use it.

Please share this post with anyone who is still having the "outdated plugin file" error. This has by far been the biggest complaint/problem that the plugin has ever had.
This should answer your question.

Reactions: CymraegAce

Mike9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're not intended to keep the original Select button configuration for the menu. Go into settings and reconfigure the button combination to something you don't ever touch naturally, personally I use ZL on the N3DS since it's not even part of the game at all.
As for the Start button, yes that can be annoying offline, but this plugin was built mainly for online use.
But the thing is, I have O3DS so I don't have ZL, ZR and the small joystick. and with the cheats I use basically all buttons not that. Is there some way to make the cheat menu show with a combination instead of just select? For example I can set it to L+R+Select or something like that?

CTGP-7 is coded in a different way which makes it not work on the default plugin loader for reasons I'm not sure of. It'd take long to fix everything so they changed the boot.firm, What I did was I placed a boot.firm that works with CTGP-7, a boot.firm that works with other plugins and the gm9.firm in luma/payloads to select them when holding start on boot, and then you can have the original boot.firm on normal bootup.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the thing is, I have O3DS so I don't have ZL, ZR and the small joystick. and with the cheats I use basically all buttons not that. Is there some way to make the cheat menu show with a combination instead of just select? For example I can set it to L+R+Select or something like that?
Yes, you can do any combination of buttons that you want, so L+R+Select will work. Go into the settings from the bottom screen, and then change the hotkey configuration to whatever you want.

CTGP-7 is coded in a different way which makes it not work on the default plugin loader for reasons I'm not sure of. It'd take long to fix everything so they changed the boot.firm, What I did was I placed a boot.firm that works with CTGP-7, a boot.firm that works with other plugins and the gm9.firm in luma/payloads to select them when holding start on boot, and then you can have the original boot.firm on normal bootup.
As much as I like the work put into CTGP-7, I wish they would be a little more transparent about some things, and this is one of those things. I have to be the one to clean up their mess and explain to everyone why their plugins are no longer working, even though these problems have nothing at all to do with me or my plugin. Since I am known around the 3DS scene for helping people out, I've had multiple people ask for completely different games why their plugin isn't working, and from my experience 100% of the time you see the "outdated plugin file" error, it's because of CTGP-7.

You're right, it is coded in a different way. It's using a beta version of CTRPF/Luma from Nanquitas that nobody else has access to. That is a very good solution though.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As much as I like the work put into CTGP-7, I wish they would be a little more transparent about some things, and this is one of those things.
Transparent in exactly what? The file format is just different, there is nothing else special about it. Every other part of the plugin loader is kept identical to allow simple recompilations once the new plugin loader is ready. (It was meant to be ready last summer, but Nanquitas has dissapeared since then.)

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transparent in exactly what? The file format is just different, there is nothing else special about it. Every other part of the plugin loader is kept identical to allow simple recompilations once the new plugin loader is ready. (It was meant to be ready last summer, but Nanquitas has dissapeared since then.)
I don't think you're intentionally deceiving people or anything like that, but clearly there is a massive public misunderstanding about the way CTGP-7 changes the boot.firm. Tbh it's getting very annoying having people constantly ask me why they're getting the "outdated plugin file" error whenever they try to use a plugin. I know there isn't any change besides the file format, but that change alone is big enough to cause quite a disturbance. Until Nanquitas officially releases the newest plugin loader (if he ever does), there's no way that me or other developers can make our plugins compatible with the boot.firm that you use, much less compatible+open source. Every time someone uses CTGP-7, they can no longer run any plugins for any game besides CTGP-7. They have to change back to the original boot.firm, and almost nobody knows that because it's not made obvious anywhere. It's caused probably about 100 people (if not slightly more) to contact me in some way, shape, or form regarding it.

kermis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get plugin outdates error code 0xD8E07402

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think you're intentionally deceiving people or anything like that, but clearly there is a massive public misunderstanding about the way CTGP-7 changes the boot.firm. Tbh it's getting very annoying having people constantly ask me why they're getting the "outdated plugin file" error whenever they try to use a plugin. I know there isn't any change besides the file format, but that change alone is big enough to cause quite a disturbance. Until Nanquitas officially releases the newest plugin loader (if he ever does), there's no way that me or other developers can make our plugins compatible with the boot.firm that you use, much less compatible+open source. Every time someone uses CTGP-7, they can no longer run any plugins for any game besides CTGP-7. They have to change back to the original boot.firm, and almost nobody knows that because it's not made obvious anywhere. It's caused probably about 100 people (if not slightly more) to contact me in some way, shape, or form regarding it.
I have ctgp and can not run the plugin how can i get the plugin running

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get plugin outdates error code 0xD8E07402

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have ctgp and can not run the plugin how can i get the plugin running
I gave support for this problem a million times all over. It's right at the top of this page...

Megadog12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the outdated plugin error. I've replaced the boot.firm and the plugin itself multiple times, and I've verified that all files are in the right places and are correctly named. Is this due to 3DS version 11.4 and Luma 10.2?

Megadog12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it working by using a boot.firm from an Animal Crossing discord. I'm not sure why that works but the other boot.firms don't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1