Release Lists

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Bali, Jul 26, 2006.

Jul 26, 2006

Release Lists by Bali at 9:18 PM (590 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Bali
    OP

Member Bali GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    It would be useful to create a more detailed way for searching the release lists. Making things like the original release name, and the original filename searchable could be a great addition to the site. Also the option to download the NFO file and the icon for a game in 1 file could be a nice addition.

And finally I suggest we add a sort of oddities list for both NDS and GBA, which ofcouse is searchable in the same way as discribed for the other lists. Things that could be taken in this list would be trainers, ppf files (if there are any?), game fixes and the occasional tool release. You get my drift.

I know it isn't an easy task, let alone a fun task, but I do believe the gains for implementing these changes outweight the effort it will take to create it.

Who's with me [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I agree in part (it would a serious bit of work though)
    If it were to be implemented I would say add the features/options required first and then work retroactively to do all the past releases.
    http://www.advanscene.com/ should do pretty much exactly what you want though (icons and NFO's are seperate).

PPF is rarely used (I do not think I have ever seen a GBA or DS patch distribution using it), IPS (now pretty much obsolete) so now BSDiff and XDelta are the methods used.
    Speaking of patching a few of you may be interested in the new NINJA 2.0 beta that pretty much aims to be the be all and end all patching program, pity it requires .NET2.0 though: http://www.romhacking.net/

Quote for all those not wanting to click:
    The official NINJA patcher can apply the following patch formats:

* RUP (NINJA 2.0)
    * IPS (International Patching System)
    * PPF (PlayStation Patch Format 1.0/2.0/3.0
    * FFP/PAT (FireFlower Patch)
    * PAT (Microsoft Binary File Compare output)
    * GDIFF (Generic Diff Format)

NINJA can also be used as a graphical front end for xdelta format patches.