ROM Hack [Release] Kuriimu - A general purpose game translation toolkit for authors of fan translations.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
.cro are binary script files. Something like DLL's. More information here:
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CRO0
Therefore no support with our current suite.

.itx isn't known to me yet. Maybe it doesn't even have anything useful for you. I will tell the rest of the team since I have a bunch of other things to do for now.

lwyx2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why did I compile appear a problem?“Version”Not include“gitLastTag”The definition.
Sorry my Visual Studio 2017 Chinese version,I like to myself to Compile.
ywkt8Dv.png

Last edited by lwyx2017,

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@lwyx2017 You need to install Git for Windows on to your system and make sure that it is included in your PATH for the build to work. This is a version control addition.

Reactions: DarthDub

JV1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance can this help edit the messages in the Japanese and Korean versions of Tomodachi Life?

I kept going into the files the messages or text would be, and it doesn't support Kuriimu

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance can this help edit the messages in the Japanese and Korean versions of Tomodachi Life?

I kept going into the files the messages or text would be, and it doesn't support Kuriimu
PM me some sample files where you think the text is. What files have you looked through?

lwyx2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Batch conversion You can add Drag the file into the tool to save the function automatically?just like bclim/bflim Auto save PNG Or PNG automatically save bclim/bflim Function do?Like the png2bclm support automatically saved batch conversion.So that I can put a lot of pictures in the folder convert.
iQ4Twl7.png

Last edited by lwyx2017,

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Batch conversion You can add Drag the file into the tool to save the function automatically?just like bclim/bflim Auto save PNG Or PNG automatically save bclim/bflim Function do?Like the png2bclm support automatically saved batch conversion.So that I can put a lot of pictures in the folder to convert.
Open Kukkii, and then click on Batch Export and select the directory containing your BCLIMs.

lwyx2017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Open Kukkii, and then click on Batch Export and select the directory containing your BCLIMs.
I mean to add an Drag the file into the tool auto save feature,that I can search for all the bclim in the folder,Then Drag into tool Can Convert all of it picture.
Batch export all bclim If the folder a lot need Convenient to operate This is critical.

Last edited by lwyx2017,

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean to add an Drag the file into the tool auto save feature,that I can search for all the bclim in the folder,Then Drag into tool Can Convert all of it picture.
Batch export all bclim If the folder a lot need Convenient to operate This is critical.
I would have to make quite a few changes to have a multi-file drop perform a batch conversion. Instead, I've given the batch functions the option to scan sub-directories. Grab the latest build and go nuts!

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey there gbatemp,

Kuriimu is a suite of programs that I designed to be flexible tools for the purposes of fan translating games, apps, etc... and the flexibility is attained through plugins! (DLL files developed by programmers.)

Want to talk about it?
If you would like to reach out to me to discuss Kuriimu and/or writing plugins for it, I can be reached most easily on the Fan Translators Inc. discord (which I run) here:

Hop into the #kuriimu channel and hit me up.

Kuriimu - A text editor.

Kukkii - An image converter.

Karameru - An archive manager.

Releases

Download the most recent beta build

NOTE: Windows is being dumb. To run Kuriimu, you have to unblock the .rar before you extract it for the program to run. Right click > Properties on the .rar and click Unblock on the General tab.

I'm releasing this beta in the hopes that it spurs interest in expanding the capabilities of the program through plugins developed by other programmers:

Current Contributors:

@Neobeo - Code cleanup, enhancements, performance improvements and plugin author.
@onepiecefreak - Plugin author extraordinaire.
@CakeLancelot - Plugin author.
@Ryuzaki_MrL - Plugin author.
@PeterPaladin - Plugin author.

Current Translation Projects Using Kuriimu:
There may be others I am unaware of.

Current Plugin Types:
  • File Plugins - These allow Kuriimu to open, edit, and save various file formats.
    • file_kup - A file plugin written by me for the native container format used by Kuriimu and Fenceposts for dumping, editing, and injecting strings from/to executable files.
    • file_msbt - An MSBT plugin based on the same code from MSBT Editor Reloaded. Currently, none of the XMSBT or other tools have been ported as I'm still working out how to handle file plugin tools in Kuriimu. Supports a huge number of games!
    • file_gmml - A GMML plugin written from scratch for the text file format found in MapleStory 3DS. This plugin came a little late and the team on the project will only be using Kuriimu for any future updates to the translation.
    • file_jmsg - A JMSG plugin for the text file format used by One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X and other games.
    • file_btxt - An incomplete BTXT plugin for the text file format used by Digimon Universe Appli Monsters and potentially other games. (Read-Only)
    • file_ttbin - A text plugin for the Time Travelers 3DS game.
    • file_mdt/tdt - A set of two text plugins for MDT and TDT from the Theatrythm line of games.
    • file_gmd - An incomplete GMD plugin for Dai Gyakuten Saiban and possibly other games in the series.
  • Game Plugins - These allow Kuriimu and Fenceposts to handle control codes and text previews when dealing with strings in a game. (See screenshot for MapleStory 3DS plugin selection.) The preview functionality is used in Kuriimu to display a preview of what the text will look like in-game.
    • game_rocket_slime_3ds - A preview plugin written by @IcySon55.
    • game_great_detective_pikachu - A preview plugin written by @IcySon55.
    • game_maple_story_3ds - A preview plugin co-written by @CakeLancelot @IcySon55 and @Neobeo.
    • game_daigasso_band_brothers_p - A preview plugin written by @Neobeo.
    • game_miitopia_3ds - A preview plugin written by @PeterPaladin.
    • game_time_travelers - A preview plugin written by @onepiecefreak.
    • game_theatrythm_final_fantasy - A preview plugin written by @onepiecefreak.
    • game_zelda_a_link_between_worlds - A preview plugin written by @Ryuzaki_MrL.
  • Image Plugins - Image plugins are loaded by Kukkii and Karameru
    • image_bxlim - An image plugin written by @IcySon55 leveraging Cetera which supports BCLIM and BFLIM image files.
    • image_tex - An image plugin written by @onepiecefreak which supports generic TEX image files.
    • image_jtex - An image plugin written by @onepiecefreak which supports JTEX image files.
    • image_xi - An image plugin written by @onepiecefreak which supports Level 5 XI image files.
    • image_bclyt - A work-in-progress "image" plugin written @onepiecefreak which visualizes BCLYT files as an image. It supports loading referenced images into the visualization as well. This plugin might become image_bxlyt later on with support added for BFLYT.
  • Archive Plugins - Archive plugins are loaded by Karameru for managing archive files.
  • Extension Plugins - These are general purpose plugins that require a UI.
    • ext_fenceposts - Fenceposts is an extension plugin that manages dumping and injecting strings in executable files such as code.bin. It is currently limited to the Unicode Little-Endian character encoding but that will change soon.
    • ext_director - A simple (and incomplete) pointer finding utility. Director used to be part of Kuriimu itself but has been moved to being an extension to segregate the code and make Kuriimu itself less complex.
P.S. You may remember me from the MSBT Editor Reloaded project, I have now written an MSBT plugin for Kuriimu.

Let the craziness begin!
Great work can you make it work with all 3ds system titles cause "Nintendo 3DS Camera and Sound" (ExtractedRomFS\msg\EU_English.LZ) don't work even decompressed (LZ11):
upload_2017-5-15_0-48-40.png

Please I need it for my 3ds translation to Polish:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This could be because the text format used in system titles isn't supported yet. It can be decompressed but interpreted as text is another thing. Maybe I look into it later on.

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work can you make it work with all 3ds system titles cause "Nintendo 3DS Camera and Sound" (ExtractedRomFS\msg\EU_English.LZ) don't work even decompressed (LZ11):
Please I need it for my 3ds translation to Polish
Why did you quote the entire OP?

In any case, send us the compressed files as I don't have the time to go extract them myself. (Join our discord to give us the files.)

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why did you quote the entire OP?

In any case, send us the compressed files as I don't have the time to go extract them myself. (Join our discord to give us the files.)
So I can get to the author directly:D
As I wrote for now only "Nintendo 3DS Camera and Sound" are not supported, so I'll give you those two:

Attachments

• EU_English.rar
    68.3 KB · Views: 164

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This could be because the text format used in system titles isn't supported yet. It can be decompressed but interpreted as text is another thing. Maybe I look into it later on.
I know but only those two (for now), I successfully translated and still translating:
Errors CTR-N-HEEA
eShop applet CTR-N-HAA
eShop CTR-N-HGRP
Friend List CTR-N-HFRP
Game Notes CTR-N-HGMP
Health CTR-N-HACP (not for new3DS cause its in a manual , haven't found a e-manual editor, help maybe?)
Home Menu CTR-N-HMMP
Internet Browser CTR-N-HBRP
Manual CTR-N-HMVP (just the menus)
microSD Managment CTR-N-HAJP
Mii Maker CTR-N-HEDP
All of them are in .MSBT format (some packed in .arc files) and compressed in LZ11.

Last edited by tomx86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all