[Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JK_, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Yes.
    I can give you mine if you want, it's not completely 100% but it has all masks.

MattKimura likes this.

2. Aditzu

Aditzu Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Romania
    Weird....it doesn't seem to detect Pokemon Shuffle for me.Though I have a blank entry between the games in the list so that might be the slot for it, but I can't access it.Other than that good job, is a very nice save manager ! :D

3. Naifas

Naifas Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    Wow. Very nice work :D. Congrats. If you can send me the save then I would appreciate it. Thank you.

4. Keefr

Keefr Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Just for clarification.
    I did a backup of my ACNL save. Now I can start a new game with the possibility to reimport my first 'original' save at any time?

Nonetheless great job, waited for this a long time. :lol:

5. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    Yes you can!

Keefr likes this.
  6. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    100 percent complete legitimately done by me game anyone?
    100 percent.JPG

7. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    PM'd you my save

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

As I previously said, "pretty sure there's no limit"..I'm gonna say there are no limits.

@JK_ I did find two minor bugs. If you just put a . as the title, it adds 3 entries named after the actual save files (like save0.bin save1.bin etc) to the list :wtf:
    Also, extremely minor, but when you're in the import save section and the list is so long that you can scroll (I wonder if anyone who is not doing it for testing will actually end up in that situation, haha) - if you hit up on the D-pad, the cursor is below what is visible, sort of like the left and right D-pad bug in the early version.

Naifas likes this.
  8. Naifas

Naifas Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2008
    Worked perfectly :D. Thank you once again.

9. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    Awesome :D

10. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    Suggestion: button to auto-input date as filename.

Otherwise: amazing and very useful job, thank you!

11. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    Seconded!

12. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    would it be possible to put both the saves and exdata folder into a Savemanager folder?

MattKimura and suloku like this.
  13. Sachi

Sachi GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Is there current functionallity/future plans to export and import saves in bulk? Itd seem very useful for backup/transferring systems.

NoThisIsStupider likes this.
  14. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    @JK_
    It's flawless! This is the new future for CFW users! I wish it'd work with Gateway saves, but ah well :P Guess they'd need to be decrypted first.

My only TINY complaint is how you HAVE to name your saves. It's a HANDY feature, but I wish it would default to something like "Save 1, save 2, etc" so I won't have to come up with a creative name for the save. In a way that if I did have a specific name I wanted for it, I can simply backspace the default given name and add my own.

Other than that I LOVE IT! I just also wish there was a folder on the root that had BOTH saves and extdata folders.
    Ex: SD:/SaveManager/Saves/
    SD:/SaveManager/Extdata/

Instead of having two separate folders. More reason to clutter my SD card :P

Edit: Most of this was already suggested by users above me

Back in the day, we had to find the title ID for games and that was a chore. Now I just wish there was an easy way to know for sure, what games save the majority of it's savedata. Either in save, or extdata. Take Fantasy Life for example, if you didn't know that the game uses Extdata for it's main save data, you would backup the save and not even know that extdata was where all it's saves are at.

Last edited by MattKimura, Feb 2, 2016
    Madridi and Shadowfied like this.
  15. bonoboy

bonoboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2008
    Great app It worked along pkhex like a charm I had tried different methods but without success

Shadowfied likes this.
  16. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    I would like to second the bulk export request. It would help with my regular backup schedule.

17. _SteelSeries_

_SteelSeries_ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    Mexico
    Can i use this to restore savs from EUR cia to USA cia ?

18. Mic1604

Mic1604 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Mexico
    If possible, maybe it will be a good option to integrate code from AGBSave9 and TWLSaveTool to support everything the 3DS family can run. That´ll make this app the most complete one.

klear likes this.
  19. NoThisIsStupider

NoThisIsStupider GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Canada
    Depends, some games don't care, while others need a few edits. SM3DL will transfer flawlessly, while Paper Jam won't (found out the hard way :( )

MattKimura likes this.
  20. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    I think I saw someone suggest it, but just in case, you should totally make a feature where it backs up every save file for digital software with a naming convention "Game Title - [Month] [DD], [YYYY]" or just "Game Title - [Month] [DD], [YY]". I'd really find it useful to back EVERYTHING up once a month.

To add to this suggestion, can you also make a button command where, say, you press Y to insert the 3DS' current date in the format from above (whichever you choose for the batch backup feature)? That way I can easily type "Pokemon Y Before Elite 4" and just insert the date with the push of a button.

Last edited by sonicrings, Feb 2, 2016