[Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JK_, Feb 1, 2016.

1. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    yes jut copy the folder "saves" to the jksv folder on the other ds

2. mimshipio

mimshipio Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2017
    Ireland
    i tried using this with the ace attorney trilogy but it returned an error when i opened the game after importing the save, the game works fine without the imported save file, what am i doing wrong?

3. zweilous

zweilous Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    i made some changes to the rosalina-compatible version of jksm: https://github.com/zweilous/JKSM
    these are all very minor if being compared to phalk's fork; there's no point in updating unless it specifically benefits your needs as it does mine. i'm welcome to addressing bugs, but i rarely do programming so my level of expertise is horrible : )

with that being said, if anyone knows why the indent/padding i added in the description text strings in shared.cpp appears inconsistent, let me know.

4. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    You should just use Checkpoint instead of JKSM. It is newer, runs better, and is still being updated. https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

ov3rkill and mimshipio like this.
  5. adamboy7

adamboy7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    United States
    New Jersey
    Thank you for this wonderful utility. Useful for migrating to and from cartridge games, and it's even able to import/export virtual console sav files. Erasing cartridges is a cool feature, too.

6. Levente

Levente GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2006
    Hungary
    Hello,
    I was trying to transfer a .sav file from gateway to cia, but it did not go so well. I followed this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
    but this seems to be outdated, there were no Cartridge or Cia/Sd options for me in JK save editor.
    When I tried the "Browse SD for Data" option, I could navigate to the folder where my .sav file was, but when pushing Y it gave me this error message:
    Somehting went wrong writing to the archive file!
    Please help me how I could import my old save file. Thank you.

7. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    While I am not really sure how to transfer your old save file, JKSM is super outdated. You should use this save manager from now on: https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

8. BtEtta

BtEtta GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2016
    For all those people looking for the last JK_ released CIA version (2017-02-10) which was only on a GitHub repository that seems to now be gone: there was an archive made of that repository shortly after that release which remains on the Internet Archive (though notably not the wayback machine portion the Internet Archive)

If you want the 2017-02-10 CIA download the TAR file from that link and you'll be able to extract the CIA from it with any tool (e.g. 7-zip) that can handle TAR files.

Dothackjhe, SG6000, KunoichiZ and 2 others like this.
  9. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Thanks for this! Was wondering what happened when I got a dead link

10. UsualNoise

UsualNoise GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Hi - I was looking to convert my Sky3DS+ save to use on a CIA installation of the same game (both dumped from my own cart). However, I'm not seeing a straightforward way to do this using Checkpoint. Am I missing something, or should I still be using this older utility? When I installed (for example) Mario Kart 7 as a cia (from the 3DS dump of my cart) I am not seeing it show up within Checkpoint to allow me to restore the save backup I made from Sky3DS+.

Edit: I figured out a workaround, posted to the Checkpoint thread as that seemed the more appropriate location.

Last edited by UsualNoise, Apr 30, 2018
  11. Craftyawesome

Craftyawesome GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    Both should be able to dump from the cart and restore to the installed version. Maybe checkpoint doesn't allow duplicates and just shows the cart? Try without it inserted. It also wouldn't hurt to try this one at least.

12. hiten

hiten GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    What happened to the github page?

TCJJ likes this.
  13. Qnikudo

Qnikudo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    France
    Hello,

I have a prompt called "wut" with the message "Not found?"

I used Checkpoint cause JKSM Rosalina doesn't work and I search an homebrew for System Titles Save Manager

Last edited by Qnikudo, May 10, 2018
  14. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Sorry. I deleted my account. I didn't really think anybody paid attention anymore since I disappeared thanks to life happening. I kept a copy though.

15. dude1709

dude1709 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2006
    Australia
    Yeah, what does that "wut" stuff means?

16. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    I just took a look, and it was a message for me if it couldn't download the filter. If you want to fix it, download this and place the 'filter.txt' file into the JKSV folder on your SD card. Also, new filter.txt for anyone paying attention. Freshly generated.

Attached Files:

17. SlinkyJoey

SlinkyJoey Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2018
    Australia
    When will the qr codes be fixed? Or where can I download the actual .cia file? Having issues opening in home brew with Rosalina please help

18. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Philippines
    There had been some recent change with the GitHub which caused many apps to be affected adversely. Some apparently got removed as a result.

19. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Can someone repload the .cia please ?

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Is there a reason you're not using Checkpoint?