[Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JK_, Feb 1, 2016.

1. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    @mouseno4
    Glad it worked in the end. Sometimes the read and write is just slow. I was playing with Colors! 3D data earlier and sometimes it wrote pretty fast, others it didn't. Maybe I'll see if I can tweak something.

2. mouseno4

mouseno4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    I think the OP needs to be updated with the one from the link you gave me as that clearly works where they other didnt.

3. RedScorpion

RedScorpion Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Australia
    is there a reason why when i go into the System Titles it just showed up blank?
    is it something i've done?
    how can i fix this?
    thanks.

4. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Thanks for the info. I just deleted the line in the filter and was able to restore my save.

5. j82k

j82k Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'm also having trouble exporting extData for Fire Emblem Fates. It's the EU eshop version.

The jpn and no jpn cia's from the first post just give me: 'Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it.'
    And the one from github that was linked earlier says: 'error opening ExtData : C8804464'

6. Michierusama

Michierusama GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2014
    GBAtemp
    On the Github project everyone needs to get the cleanup branch CIA. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. Alpinesuper0

Alpinesuper0 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    I can't backup streetpass plaza please help.

8. mouse100

mouse100 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2008
    Italy
    Hi I need your help. I played in past with a gateway 3ds and a Pokemon sun ROM so I saved my game. Now I switched from gateway to luma3ds and I downloaded a cia version of Pokemon sun and I installed it. I tried to launch it for the first time to create a savegame and then I closed it. Later I tried to copy the pokemonsun.sav inside the SD card (one of the JK folder, I don't remember which one) I installed jk's save manager to import the .sav into the Pokemon cia but then I launch the game it tell me the save is corrupted. Is there a way to restore the gateway save file inside the pokemon CIA?

Last edited by mouse100, Jan 13, 2017
  9. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    I think you have to convert your save. You can search for a tutorial. I don't have a Gatewait so I don't know how.

10. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Do I need to copy the 3ds folder in JKSM.6-30-2016.zip to the root of my SD card as well?

11. Rourke

Rourke Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    Netherlands
    I have exported the save data from Super Mario Maker, reinstalled the game and tried importing it. But the game detects this and returns an error about the save data originally meant for a different 3DS-system. Is there a way to let the save data work? I can't find anything about this problem. Help! :(

Using a N3DS with latest Luma, A9LH, and JKSM.

12. RedScorpion

RedScorpion Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Australia
    anybody?

13. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Not yet. Apparently Mario Maker has it's own protection that locks the save to your console's serial number or something. You can't even use the physical retail cart in another 3DS without erasing the save.

14. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    If i remenber correctly you need CFW for do this. Is not something you can do on regular HomeBrew.

15. RedScorpion

RedScorpion Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Australia
    Does anyone know why my system titles shows up like this when I access it with the save manager?

Attached Files:

16. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    It's bug in how the old version handles them. Update to the November one.

17. eechigoo

eechigoo RIP Densetsu

Dec 22, 2016
    Mexico
    Fort Lune
    i hope it works for acnl!!

18. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    I have just had the weirdest issue with this. I used it to move my emunand save to sysnand when I installed A9LH, but when I copied my Alpha Sapphire save, it resulted in it copying everything over, EXCEPT my pc boxes! I don't think its a bad save, since It was a save created before I used pksm, so I don't know what is wrong with it...

19. DryPasta

DryPasta Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    Wait so where exactly do we put the downloaded file, in the CIA folder or the 3ds folder? also how do you start it up? i'm just trying to backup my ACNL save so I can edit my town with the New Leaf Editor. sorry i'm new to this haha

20. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States