Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,833,381
  • Replies 3,679
  • Likes 243

maxobremer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • Download the latest release of JK's save manager with PASLR bypass.
  • Extract it to your SD Card.
  • Start up homebrew launcher using an entrypoint of your choice (freakyhax in your case)
  • Start up JK's Save Manager on the list of homebrew.
  • On the target title selector screen, use D-pad to change the target title from your Pokemon game to Pokemon bank, press A to confirm.
By doing that, you will be able to import/export Pokemon OR/AS savefile on 11.1.0-34 firmware, something that doesn't otherwise work because of physical memory randomization (PASLR) that was enabled for that game with the latest firmware.

I can edit my saves again :), I could hug you right now!!

prongsdj

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Download the latest release of JK's save manager with PASLR bypass.
  • Extract it to your SD Card.
  • Start up homebrew launcher using an entrypoint of your choice (freakyhax in your case)
  • Start up JK's Save Manager on the list of homebrew.
  • On the target title selector screen, use D-pad to change the target title from your Pokemon game to Pokemon bank, press A to confirm.
By doing that, you will be able to import/export Pokemon OR/AS savefile on 11.1.0-34 firmware, something that doesn't otherwise work because of physical memory randomization (PASLR) that was enabled for that game with the latest firmware.
Hi, I tried this and my Homebrew wont start anymore. Im using OOT hax btw

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I tried this and my Homebrew wont start anymore. Im using OOT hax btw
There is absolutely no way that doing the mentioned steps could break your homebrew access (unless you've tried to restore OR/AS savefile to OoT3D cartridge :lol: ). You must have done something else, or you simply need to try it again - OoT3Dhax doesn't have 100% bootrate.

Last edited by Wojton,

prongsdj

Trophies
XP
Country
There is absolutely no way that doing the mentioned steps could break your homebrew access. You must have done something else, or you simply need to try it again - OoT3Dhax doesn't have 100% bootrate.
Looks like all I have to do is remove it and place it back in. Thanks!!

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Looks like all I have to do is remove it and place it back in. Thanks!!
A little tip: spam A as soon as you start up the LoZ: OoT3D (until you see text on the upper screen and the bottom screen starts flashing colours). By doing that, I can trigger OoT3Dhax (nearly) 100% of time.

nosepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My son's been playing AC:NL on my JP N3DSLL with CFW, now I've got him his own AU N3DS with CFW. All game saves imported fine except for AC:NL (it says save is corrupted), am i doing something wrong? Please help!

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
My son's been playing AC:NL on my JP N3DSLL with CFW, now I've got him his own AU N3DS with CFW. All game saves imported fine except for AC:NL (it says save is corrupted), am i doing something wrong? Please help!

You need to delete the secure value although if it wasn't done with JKSM that's probably why, it's a cart2 type game iirc

Edit: If it's in a JPN version of the Game and is the AUS vet then I'm not sure why it's corrupting? Unless it's a region thing as the AUS version isn't Japanese?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by proflayton123,

nosepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You need to delete the secure value although if it wasn't done with JKSM that's probably why, it's a cart2 type game iirc

Edit: If it's in a JPN version of the Game and is the AUS vet then I'm not sure why it's corrupting? Unless it's a region thing as the AUS version isn't Japanese?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I transferred with JKSM first and it didn't work, then deleted the secure value using savedata filer and transferring again with JKSM and still no luck. Game is USA version btw.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPN and AUS coppies of ACNL have different save formats, iirc (ultimately, the 'offsets' for data is slightly different, making one version thing the others' valid data is corrupt and vice versa). You would need to get the save converted first, but I believe that would also require different secure values, so you're most likely SOL on moving that save. There are ACNL save editors out there, however, that can help you regain lost progress quickly in a new town.

Last edited by iSharingan,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
JPN and AUS coppies of ACNL have different save formats, iirc (ultimately, the 'offsets' for data is slightly different, making one version thing the others' valid data is corrupt and vice versa). You would need to get the save converted first, but I believe that would also require different secure values, so you're most likely SOL on moving that save. There are ACNL save editors out there, however, that can help you regain lost progress quickly in a new town.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-leaf-save-editor.382965/

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to back up my save using this JK Save Manager (July version, 3dsx) on recently bought brand-new Monster Hunter Stories (JP) cartridge. The screen froze when loading JK's save editor from Homebrew (after game is selected, green-yellowish background).

The game works fine on my NN3DS USA through Region Free, no problem with saving either (just to be clear, like MHGEN, this game saves everything in SD card Ext Data).

Any idea what could've gone wrong? I've seen some people exporting their save already, so I'm not sure why I can't access the save import/export menu. Does the cartridge have to be the same region as the 3ds console?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to back up my save using this JK Save Manager (July version, 3dsx) on recently bought brand-new Monster Hunter Stories (JP) cartridge. The screen froze when loading JK's save editor from Homebrew (after game is selected, green-yellowish background).

The game works fine on my NN3DS USA through Region Free, no problem with saving either (just to be clear, like MHGEN, this game saves everything in SD card Ext Data).

Any idea what could've gone wrong? I've seen some people exporting their save already, so I'm not sure why I can't access the save import/export menu. Does the cartridge have to be the same region as the 3ds console?
JKSV doesn't know how to access that save by itself. You'll need a custom xml file for it to export the save.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They may be using the CIA version or SDF. You can try selecting a game that works and hold L + R while JKSV boots and try using the CIA's cartridge menu to get to it. Since it's extdata, it might work.

Toujou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just want to say thank you so much.
Thanks to you, I can export/edit/import my saves from AS, and ACNL with your savemanager, on 11.1.0-34
Again thank you :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi