Homebrew [Release] Jaulct (Jet Another Usb Loader Channel Tool)

KingSquitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yaulct (Yet Another Usb Loader Channel Tool)

1.0:
- Added WBFS support. You can now create channels directly from a WBFS formated hdd.

With this tool you can create WAD channels that will auto boot games on a wbfs hdd.

Excuse the ugly code (Specially the loaders), I mainly did it for myself so it dont have to be pritty
wink.gif

Creadits goes to all the peaple that have been written the tools and loaders i've used. Dont have any names, sorry.

If you have a wii iso and wants to create a usb channel from it, just select the iso in "Input iso:" and select where to save it in "Output wad:", then click Go.
If you dont have the iso you can enter the discid (ex RSPE01) in "Input iso:", select a opening.bnr or wad file in "Use opening.bnr from this ..." and select where to save it, then click go.
In batch mode you can convert all isos in a folder (and subfolders) into channels.

If you have trouble with some hdds or the "Swap trick" works in the default loader, you can try to install ios222 and use yal.dol.

yaulct1.PNG

yaulct2.PNG

Program
Source

/KingSquitter

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Cool tool but have just DL it & tried it & get this in the output box:

Extracting opening.bnr...
Timeout while waiting for status.

pixelhub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried the batch mode on about 8 games and it work perfectly. quick and easy to use app, Thank you.

When you launch a channel and click start there is a quick list of notes that are displayed before the game is loaded, something like this.

Loading IOS 249
Loading disc REXP01
Swap hdd. 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 (count down)
Wii Sports
Loading Game.............

Just thought i would let people know, because when the text first came on the screen i thought "BRICK"..... but it didn't
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
I wasn't expecting it as other channels i had just launched the game.

but this is a very usefull tool and i will be using it alot

cheers

KingSquitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pixelhub said:
I have just tried the batch mode on about 8 games and it work perfectly. quick and easy to use app, Thank you.

When you launch a channel and click start there is a quick list of notes that are displayed before the game is loaded, something like this.

Loading IOS 249
Loading disc REXP01
Swap hdd. 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 (count down)
Wii Sports
Loading Game.............

Just thought i would let people know, because when the text first came on the screen i thought "BRICK"..... but it didn't
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
I wasn't expecting it as other channels i had just launched the game.

but this is a very usefull tool and i will be using it alot

cheers
Oops, it's there by mistake. I need it since my hdd is not detected without a swap. If you download the program again it's fixed.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty impressive. I haven't tried this on games that have strange titles (like ones that uses special characters such as colon's and vertical pipes). Does this channel maker have any problems with that?

KingSquitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anorhc said:
Pretty impressive. I haven't tried this on games that have strange titles (like ones that uses special characters such as colon's and vertical pipes). Does this channel maker have any problems with that?
It simply replaces all non valid, and prob som valid, chars to a space. It was the simplest and fastest way of doing things
wink.gif

/KingSquitter

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:
Is the usbloader(ios249).dol based on rev9 or rev10 ?
It's based on USB Loader 1.1, but requires rev10 for ocarina support (SDHC support).
If you dont use ocarina, rev9 will work.

Thanks !

The following dol file has been implemented the "hold A to enable Ocarina" function :

http://www1.fdbox.com/download.php?uid=FD0Y6DYZ

in which, the "XXXXXX" is to be replaced by the gameID. Would you please make your great Jaulct work with it ?

P.S. As far as I can remember, the dol is working on ios222.

KingSquitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:
It's based on USB Loader 1.1, but requires rev10 for ocarina support (SDHC support).

Thanks !

The following dol file has been implemented the "hold A to enable Ocarina" function :

in which, the "XXXXXX" is to be replaced by the gameID. Would you please make your great Jaulct work with it ?

Copy the file into the Tools folder then add "Hold_A_for_Ocarina.dol = XXXXXX" to the config file.

Should work
smile.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingSquitter said:
Anorhc said:
It simply replaces all non valid, and prob som valid, chars to a space. It was the simplest and fastest way of doing things
wink.gif

/KingSquitter

Works great! To expand a little on this, do you think it's possible to allow us to see how the name turns out and allow us to edit it ourselves if things don't look right? There are some games that don't adhere to many proper naming conventions. For example, the game Cooking Mama: World Kitchen has a title that shows up as "cooking mamaWORLD KIT". Currently, I'm using WADder to make these name edits, but if this tool does just that, I wouldn't have a reason to use WADder anymore.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:

Thanks !

Copy the file into the Tools folder then add "Hold_A_for_Ocarina.dol = XXXXXX" to the config file.

Should work
smile.gif

Thank you very much ! But I am still worring about the word "should". Should this be safe (not bricking my wii) ?

KingSquitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:
KingSquitter said:
TeenTin said:

Thanks !

Should work
smile.gif

Thank you very much ! But I am still worring about the word "should". Should this be safe (not bricking my wii) ?
It will not brick your wii, unless the dol file is malicious
blink.gif

The worst thing that can happen with a ok dol is a code dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded