Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katedering

katedering Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Seeing as the save editor doesn't work for Marin and the Boots just yet, how would I go about making a:

Level 4 - 5 Star Bell
    with
    Hasty Attacks, Water+, Strong Attack VI+, Health+, Finishing Blow+, Regular Attack+, Strong Attack I+, and Legendary?

I am having a hard time understanding the hex editor guide on pastebin.

I found (apparently) a blank weapon slot -

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (right?)

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Try replacing the empty slot with what I've put below. Not at a system to test it, and I forget which Master Sword skill is Legendary... But it should work for the mostpart.
    Code:
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    96 00 F4 01 05 00 30 08 06 1C 2C 2D 01 2A 13 00
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Last edited by Scarlet, Jul 28, 2016
  3. BtEtta

BtEtta GBAtemp Regular

I think that all looks right to me. 2nd DLC also has the Lvl4+ weapons though.

You can use this to help you preview weapons. Even if you're not actually extracting the whole weapon table you can still create a weapon and paste it over any empty slot.

Last edited by BtEtta, Jul 28, 2016
  4. mariobear

mariobear Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i just started hyrule warriors legends and its forcing a restart when i complete the first mission anyone help would be nice.

5. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Have you modified the save? Cartridge or eShop version (or .cia)?

6. Shiaoran

Shiaoran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for the editor, can't wait to try it out and for the next release.
    New to save editing, not new to HW grinding, thus the want for the editor...

I didn't edit to have all weapons unlocked, but I've noticed that the badges for extra weapons go missing.

Last edited by Shiaoran, Jul 31, 2016
  7. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do you have a link to the updated speedfly plugin? Also, does it work on 1.4?

8. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ---------------->google
    also it stopped getting updates past 1.2.0 so switch to US HWL like I did

9. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This doesn't work with Sky3ds+ save files, eh? And there doesn't appear to be any way to convert a Sky3ds .sav file to a .bin file that this tool likes, it would seem. At least, not without a CFW enabled 3DS. Please correct me if my googling has led me astray, but that seems to be the conclusion I've discovered.

10. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Yes, it doesn't work directly with sav files, because they dump of encrypted contents.
    I dunno if you actually need a CFW enabled 3DS to dump HW saves, some games work in svdt (3dsx homebrew) and maybe in 3dsx version of jksm save managers, you may try launching svdt or jksm using browserhax/menuhax (they work with system menu 11.0.0-33 too). You may try using them to dump the decrypted contents of your save game.

11. BtEtta

BtEtta GBAtemp Regular

Yeah, either SVDT or JKSM (preferred) in 3dsx mode should always work with cartridges even when they might not work (without dbgen XMLs) with eShop versions — and from what I understand the Sky3DS+ basically works by presenting itself indistinguishably from the real cartridge.

12. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well huh. Yeah, you guys are right. I just didn't realize I could run any useful homebrew at all without a custom firmware. I got it working, thanks! Outta curiosity, why is JKSM preferred over SVDT?

13. BlastXDX

BlastXDX What a beautiful duwang.

United States
    It's just overall cleaner and more organized.

14. Shiaoran

Shiaoran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Here's a crazy idea: remember the weapon swap glitch? What if different weapons could be coded as selectable?

I've yet to venture into cheat engines, but I think it'd be the only option for this sort of thing.

EDIT: Just saw that the plugin for the japanese version has this already... Any chance if making it work on the US version?

Last edited by Shiaoran, Aug 6, 2016
  15. kuja99

kuja99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is there a way we can update the save editor for the 1.4.0 update? i want to get link to level 150 lol also it would be cool if there was a way to get the gold skulltulas too

16. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Netherlands
    Since I couldn't find any posts on this, is there any info from @nedron92 for him updating the PC Utility to support all the changes made in the 1.4.0 release of the game?

Mostly:
    - lvl cap to 150
    - adding Linkle's boots
    - adding Marin entirely
    - adding Medli entirely

Also ticking all 4 boxes in the initial windows doesn't unlock the Legendary skill but the way the tool mentions it doing so should.

BlastXDX likes this.
  17. link666

link666 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Because two of those boxes unlock only the 2 locked skill of the master sword. the evil bane and exorcist skill. After the 25000 ko of exorcist, you will unlock the Legendary skill for all other weapon.

18. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Netherlands
    Care to clarify? Do I just need to get 25000 kills with Link regardless of having unlocked exorcist through checking the box to unlock legendary for other weapons? From what I remember from the WiiU I also had to unlock all the lvl 2 and 3 weapons for the others characters (and for the 3DS also all lvl 4 weapons ofc)

19. link666

link666 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Normaly, you need all lv1, lv2, lv3 weapon to unlock the evil bane skill. You need all lv4 to unlock the exorcist skill. The checkbox in the editor tricks the game to believe that you have collected those weapon, so you can unlock the two master sword skills. After the exorcist unlocked, you will unlock the Legendary skill for all weapon.

20. BtEtta

BtEtta GBAtemp Regular

Probably better to refer to unsealed and unlocked. The editor unseals the Evil's Bane and Exorcist skills, so you can start decreasing the KO count to unlock them. Legendary gets unsealed when you unlock Exorcist — but the editor doesn't offer the ability to unseal Legendary early.

Edit: I think the game refers to sealed and locked the other way around, but the principle remains.

Last edited by BtEtta, Aug 24, 2016
    I pwned U! and link666 like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Warriors, Legends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.