Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Xmas Gift!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Aqz7RbiIvKF71sgrhusTjpBYoueiCT_r
Special Thanks to @redunka

Check the OP for details:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Merry Xmas everyone from Howling Wolf & Chelsea (@Chelsea_Fantasy @HowlingWolfNaru-Jose) and @redunka
and yes, I (HWNJ) created an account... I just will keep using this one...

Warning: this is NOT the new Howling Theme Tool version. This is the old 1.7.0 version + redunka's Theme Shop Fix.

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
I hope you'll enjoy this gift.
And I hope eShop fix works fine for all. :P
Great to hear that a patch was made with the theme shop fix, and by the original author nonetheless! I'll try this out and update my guide to 3DS Themes with a guide for HTT Soon™!

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
pretty interesting workaround... seems weird the limit is 10, but cool.
Yeah, that's quite sad that there's a limit, I was also hoping that maybe it'll be lifted by one of HOME Menu updates.
I'm not sure if it's worth trying this thing with DLC for other games then, I doubt they support more than 1.
There actually is one Japanese app, called "Dokodemo Honya-San", that seem to support multiple variations (much more than 10), which is a manga shop/viewer, so it's expected for it to have lots of DLC.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yeah, that's quite sad that there's a limit, I was also hoping that maybe it'll be lifted by one of HOME Menu updates.
I'm not sure if it's worth trying this thing with DLC for other games then, I doubt they support more than 1.
There actually is one Japanese app, called "Dokodemo Honya-San", that seem to support multiple variations (much more than 10), which is a manga shop/viewer, so it's expected for it to have lots of DLC.
also there's other jpn game ... megami meguri ... with a lot of dlc variations, but I think never reached the 7th

Reactions: redunka

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yeah, that one too, forgot about it.
I won't be surprised if there are more Jap apps like this.
We're getting off topic here, aren't we? :P
agreed!
by the way, this 1.7.0 uses only -09, but next HTT version will let you choose to use from -00 to -09... remember this pic?:
qeqBN2s.png

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...d-official-themes.401081/page-36#post-7413361

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
agreed!
by the way, this 1.7.0 uses only -09, but next HTT version will let you choose to use from -00 to -09
Nice!
Too bad it won't help to avoid that stupid 100 themes limit, but it sure may help to organize themes. :)
Like, for example, create one pack with video games themes, another with anime themes, and so on.

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Nice!
Too bad it won't help to avoid that stupid 100 themes limit, but it sure may help to organize themes. :)
Like, for example, create one pack with video games themes, another with anime themes, and so on.
mostly I use it to have the themes I use always in one pack and the themes I wanna test in other, so I can delete the last one and do not affect the other package

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'd like to report a bug. When non-ASCII characters are used in the theme's name, the entire name gets cut out.
Are you sure that your name.txt is saved as UTF-8?
The non-ASCII chars won't be displayed properly in HTT's UI (should be fixed in the next version) but the names will look normal when installed:

HGU0PTz.png

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that your name.txt is saved as UTF-8?
The non-ASCII chars won't be displayed properly in HTT's UI (should be fixed in the next version) but the names will look normal when installed:

HGU0PTz.png
No, the name.txt was saved as ANSI. Good catch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.