Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This guide says not to use FBI to install the CIA but that is the only tool I have ever used to install CIA files and I cannot find the tool recommended, DEVMENU

Is this still the case or is this outdated information, or is there a tool to use now instead of FBI other than DEVMENU?

EDIT: NM I found Devmenu but it is old and I also found "Themely" which seems like a better alternative. Still learning a lot on this 3DS :D
DEVMENU is a Nintendo Developer tool used to install CIA packages onto the 3DS. Due to the nature of the file, we cannot distribute links here, but many people recommend it.
Also, you can use Themely for themes, but people have recently been recommending the new 3DS theme manager Anemone3DS by @astronautlevel. Use either Themely or Anemone3DS while you wait for the update. :D

Reactions: CharlieWilliams

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Xmas Gift!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Aqz7RbiIvKF71sgrhusTjpBYoueiCT_r
Special Thanks to @redunka

Check the OP for details:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Merry Xmas everyone from Howling Wolf & Chelsea (@Chelsea_Fantasy @HowlingWolfNaru-Jose) and @redunka
and yes, I (HWNJ) created an account... I just will keep using this one...

Warning: this is NOT the new Howling Theme Tool version. This is the old 1.7.0 version + redunka's Theme Shop Fix.

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
do you have a post somewhere demonstrating this fix?
Well, to be honest, that wasn't really a "fix", I'm not that smart. More of a workaround.
That's TitleID variation spoofing, HOME Menu supports up to 10 variations for DLC.
And eShop ignores every variation that isn't occupied by officialy released themes yet.
So, this may be temporary, but I doubt we'll ever get that many official themes (at least for EUR/USA).
The only downside is that Theme Shop won't let you redownload your themes from "My Collection" menu, or whatever it's called, you'll have to either download them before installing custom pack, or find a page for each theme in the Shop.

Last edited by redunka,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Reactions: redunka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum