Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah, its the same Midna & Wolf link json than from the database i assume, just with a "save file", unlocking the 20 hearts.

Hmm. there is no graceful way to preserve custom amiibos though. Everything i can come up with is kind of jank.
The least jank method would be to place another empty file inside the amiibo folder and check for that file before deleting the folder

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyway the things what you have done are amazing. i think i exausted you with all my "ideas" :D
i have few more but i feel little bit selfish because only im asking for more ;)
thank you for your great work

ps
let me know if you are open for ideas

Reactions: Slluxx

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyway the things what you have done are amazing. i think i exausted you with all my "ideas" :D
i have few more but i feel little bit selfish because only im asking for more ;)
thank you for your great work
no, go ahead and tell me. I like coding and it will help me grow aswell as benefit others if i polish this homebrew. i can always say no to something later :D

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i was thinking over amibos.json database file.
maybe its possible to compare downloaded file to the new file, thanks to it we can get info if update is available or not ;)
otherwise we update little bit blind

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i was thinking over amibos.json database file.
maybe its possible to compare downloaded file to the new file, thanks to it we can get info if update is available or not ;)
otherwise we update little bit blind

For size comparison you yould need to download it anyway (fetching the data is the same as downloading it). Downloading it requires internet, which might not be desirable or even possible for someone. Updating it takes only a few seconds so it doesnt hurt to do it once in a while ^^

However i could dowload it with a temporary file name, load the old json file, count how many amiibos are in it, replace it with the new one and count the amiibos again. It will tell you if one got added, however if one got added and one got removed, it will say the same number. If one only got updated, you wont see that either. Not sure if those drawbacks are worth the effort :D

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating it takes only a few seconds so it doesnt hurt to do it once in a while ^^

updating only amiibos without graphics would indeed take few seconds ;) with graphics not so
Post automatically merged:

i was also thinking to somehow generate the amiibos the way so they display in ovl in alphabetical order.
but i think this only can be done while generating them in alphabetical name order and not in release number order.
or maybe this is a question for emuiibo developer ? :D

Last edited by xFlesk,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
updating only amiibos without graphics would indeed take few seconds ;) with graphics not so

i was also thinking to somehow generate the amiibos the way so they display in ovl in alphabetical order.
but i think this only can be done while generating them in alphabetical name order and not in release number order.
or maybe this is a question for emuiibo developer ? :D
The database is updated in a few seconds, i wasnt talking about the amiibos ^^

Yeah, thats something that has to be changed in the overlay and not in my code :D

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It deletes all amiibos, not just the ones listed in the database, because it will generate all again. I didnt know that there are amiibos that exists outside of that database. Maybe you can extract the data and feed it into the api to let everyone generate it.
Same reason why I dislike those cheats AIO tools.
While you gotta appreciate the effort per se, I rather stick with Amiigo from https://github.com/CompSciOrBust/Amiigo

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same reason why I dislike those cheats AIO tools.
While you gotta appreciate the effort per se, I rather stick with Amiigo from https://github.com/CompSciOrBust/Amiigo
im already working on a solution that wont delete your own amiibos and will post it probably today too

Allright, new release. (v1.4.0)

• Fixed an issue where custom created amiibos were deleted.
    • AmiiboGenerator will create an "autogenerated.flag" file inside the amiibo folder and only delete amiibos with that flag file.
    • If you want to keep an autogenerated amiibo, remove that file
  • Because all amiibos will be deleted before generating new ones, if you create a folder structure that the tool wants to use too, it will skip generating/overwriting the files. Very unlikely but better safe than sorry.
  • Fixed an issue with an Animal Crossing Amiibo where the slash in its name would create an unexpected folder structure.

Due to the new update, you might need to manually delete the amiibos, as they lack the "autogenerated.flag" file and wont be deleted or overwritten by the new version of the tool.
---

@HalfScoper i feel like you judged way too early on a tool in super active development.

Here is a very quick mockup of what a gui could look like.
Tbh it looks like ass right now but im super tired and will flesh it out tomorrow.

2022102603342100-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

Last edited by Slluxx,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Seems the Emuiibo Tesla overlay sorts folders/files by their creation/modified timestamp. I noticed this after making new Animal Crossing folders to split up the extensive list of AC Amiibo (Animal Crossing A-D, Animal Crossing E-H, etc), and the newly made folders were shown at the end of the list. Given that I was going to move the AC Amiibo into these folders using an FTP client, I figured I could deal with the timestamp by copying them all to my computer and then write them back, as it seems to do that in alphabetical order. Don't know if this is something you can manipulate with your homebrew, like after all the Amiibo are generated, you go through all the files and folders for them alphabetically, and change their timestamp. Would rather this be handled in the overlay for sorting by name, but whatever.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems the Emuiibo Tesla overlay sorts folders/files by their creation/modified timestamp. I noticed this after making new Animal Crossing folders to split up the extensive list of AC Amiibo (Animal Crossing A-D, Animal Crossing E-H, etc), and the newly made folders were shown at the end of the list. Given that I was going to move the AC Amiibo into these folders using an FTP client, I figured I could deal with the timestamp by copying them all to my computer and then write them back, as it seems to do that in alphabetical order. Don't know if this is something you can manipulate with your homebrew, like after all the Amiibo are generated, you go through all the files and folders for them alphabetically, and change their timestamp. Would rather this be handled in the overlay for sorting by name, but whatever.
Yeah, this has been reported/suggested before. This would be a feature request for the overlay instead but I'll see what I can do

Doesnt look that bad now (still in design phase). I kinda just copied Emutools layout, as it works quite well.

2022102613135800-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg

Last edited by Slluxx,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks a lot for this. I always found it a hassle to generate the Amiibos with the currently available tools and this being set and forget, it's perfect. I have a full dump of every Amiibo (although not updated in years) somewhere that I used with NTAGs but since I can't use them with Emuiibo they're kinda useless on the Switch. This will be a nice alternative to that :)

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@HalfScoper i feel like you judged way too early on a tool in super active development.
I said "you gotta appreciate the effort", chill.
Even though I personally think there is no need for it when we have Amiigo. But I said that now, not before.

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even though I personally think there is no need for it when we have Amiigo. But I said that now, not before.
and i personally prefer this app instead of amiigo ;) shall i go to amiigo thread and start telling its developers that we have something else and is no need for them to continue developing ? cool mindset :D chill

• Haha
Reactions: HalfScoper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1