AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok... You ever have one of those moments where you smack yourself in the head and think 'well I'm an idiot'

Yeah, I just had such a moment. I forgot that I had to switch over to desktop view because I have been looking for that for quite a while now before I asked. Lol
Lol that happens to me every time I go on github to download something. I always forget to switch to desktop view and get in a panic for a few seconds because I can't find the download tab lol no joke I do it pretty much every time

Reactions: Xenosaiga

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just pushed out beta 113 to the online updater. This update adds options for which logo to show. The option to show/hide the logo has now changed to cycle between four options: Gridlauncher (the default (new) logo), Gridlauncher compact (a smaller version of the default), HBL classic (the original logo) and None. The option is saved on a per-theme basis. The old setting to hide the logo is no longer used, so if it was hidden before then you will need to go back into your theme settings and cycle the setting to None.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's "Grid Launcher Updater 2.00"! https://github.com/ihaveamac/mashers-gl-updater/releases
this uses new URLs for updating, so you have to manually replace the updater yourself, just this once (hopefully). the old URLs will go offline soon.

what's the big change? it updates itself at /gridlauncher/update now!

it also tries to get the location of the grid launcher automatically, so config.txt can be deleted.

and as soon as mashers accepts my pull request, it will be included with the launcher by default!

Last edited by ihaveahax,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's "Grid Launcher Updater 2.00"! https://github.com/ihaveamac/mashers-gl-updater/releases
this uses new URLs for updating, so you have to manually replace the updater yourself, just this once (hopefully). the old URLs will go offline soon.

it also tries to get the location of the grid launcher automatically, so config.txt can be deleted.

and as soon as mashers accepts my pull request, it will be included with the launcher by default!
So all we do is place the contents of mglupdate2.00 inside gridlauncer/update or same as before

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all we do is place the contents of mglupdate2.00 inside gridlauncer/update or same as before
replace the contents of /gridlauncher/update with it.

right so there's already some strange bug. hold on. I don't know why it's happening.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so a good idea is to not have the temporary directory deleted before you've copied things out of it. I really don't know why I didn't catch this earlier. a 2.01 is coming...

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: BurningDesire

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your files aren't being copied off the temp folder I guess
they are...if they're not in /gridlauncher/update, in which case they're being deleted before being copied. a fix should be out very soon.

2.01 is on now. if you're using 2.00 in /gridlauncher/update then you need to replace it (again), sorry.

https://github.com/ihaveamac/mashers-gl-updater/releases

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
they are...if they're not in /gridlauncher/update, in which case they're being deleted before being copied. a fix should be out very soon.

2.01 is on now. if you're using 2.00 in /gridlauncher/update then you need to replace it (again), sorry.

https://github.com/ihaveamac/mashers-gl-updater/releases
It's all good mate, infact I update it every two weeks and I just realized the updater was made by you, lol. Was like oh nice!

Mistakes happen anyways, such is coding life.

I'll check and let you know if everything goes as it should.

Reactions: ihaveahax

fiese_nase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

possible to add a funktion to see the changes of gridlauncher ?

Reactions: Shaker78

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Great new updates! Now that I can have the date displayed, could there be an option to hide the clock? And could there be an info background for bottom screen too? (And just nitpicking, but the description of the reboot option isn't accurate! :P (ThemeHax))

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just attached beta 114 to the first post. This update adds the following:
  • Adds updater 2.01 by @ihaveamac
  • Fixes progress indicator display when transferring files over 3dslink

I strongly recommend updating to this version by downloading the zip file rather than using the online updater. This will ensure you have the latest version of the updater installed. Online updates will then be carried out using updater 2.01 rather than the older 1.x release (which is what will currently be installed on your 3DS).

@ihaveamac
I noticed that only the update folder from the zip file gets extracted to the SD card. As a test, I deleted /gridlauncher/hans and this did not get put back even though it is in the zip file. Would it be possible for the entire contents of the zip file's gridlauncher folder to be moved to /gridlauncher? This way I can push out updates to HANS should an updated HANS version become available.

Great new updates! Now that I can have the date displayed, could there be an option to hide the clock? And could there be an info background for bottom screen too? (And just nitpicking, but the description of the reboot option isn't accurate! :P (ThemeHax))
Oh, so just show the date and not the time? Yes that's definitely possible. WRT the description of the reboot option, what effect does this option have if you're using ThemeHax?

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When using themehax the 3ds reboots back straight to the homebrew launcher or any boot.3dsx you have on the root skipping the home menu.
OIC. Does anyone know if there is a way of detecting the type of hax used? Maybe @smealum knows? That way I could change the description depending on the type of hax.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that only the update folder from the zip file gets extracted to the SD card. As a test, I deleted /gridlauncher/hans and this did not get put back even though it is in the zip file. Would it be possible for the entire contents of the zip file's gridlauncher folder to be moved to /gridlauncher? This way I can push out updates to HANS should an updated HANS version become available.
I didn't do this right now since smealum is busy and likely won't update HANS in a while. of course I can always do it if it's needed.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
OIC. Does anyone know if there is a way of detecting the type of hax used? Maybe @smealum knows? That way I could change the description depending on the type of hax.
It's really hard to figure out a way that works for everyone. Some may not have the autoboot option on theme hax. If that's the case and they reboot then they will go to the 3ds home menu unless they press a configured button or button combination. So even if everyone is using theme hax some will go to the home menu and some to the homebrew launcher depending if they have autoboot or not. Maybe just changing the description to (Reboot you 3DS) would be better. :P

Last edited by JJTapia19,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe search for themehax files. Reading padfcg even shows you if it's set to autoboot and what buttons to press to return to SysNand.
Would that guarantee that themehax was actually used to boot to the launcher? Or just that it's installed?

I didn't follow the post for a while... What does the HANS booting exactly do?
It boots apps and titles using HANS.

I didn't do this right now since smealum is busy and likely won't update HANS in a while. of course I can always do it if it's needed.
Ah ok, no problem. Good to know it can be added in the future - and Skynet the updater can then update itself accordingly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: