Homebrew Official [release] Homebrew App Store (for WiiU)

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If it matters, I wrote something that generates geckiine .elfs with your IP set.
Until the day comes when the IP can be selected from within the console, maybe you could have it download that to the SD. It still has to be run on Windows to actually make/change the elf, but... I mean, it's better than having something on the store you can't really use at all. Plus it's nice to know there's a way to change it without having to download it all over again. But hey, I didn't make this thing. Wonder what OatmealDome thinks.

...It would actually be pretty cool if there were a way to use something like this store to put in an IP and download a patched elf that way. I wonder.
I am working on fixing it so there is no need for updating the elf. The solution will work for everyone, and will no longer require extra steps to get it to work for your IP.

Reactions: seresaa

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Was gonna say the same thing.

It works great! Once we get more brew uploaded, it will be so much more convenient for the average person. I hope this continues to be updated and worked on throughout the wii u scenes life span.

This is the intention .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sweet! The only question is if the online services can stay up for more than a month, because that seems to be the problem with the 3DS Homebrew browsers.

It is coded to allow different repositories , however wiiubru has been around since the turn of this year in many guises , and currently has no reason to stop , it will be around and updated as long as there is a need.

Reactions: Deleted User

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome to see this finally got into a stable release state.
Yep, my "big bug" was such a silly error: turns out I had accidentally put the async app refresh thread on every "update" rather than once at the start. Discovered that by going through it line by line x_x

Given how unstable it used to be, I'd feel a lot more relieved if people were commenting that they've successfully used it. :P

I guess no news is good news, though! (please don't jinx...)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ive not really had a chance to comment here on vgmoose's work , i have been busy with IRL work . I just wanted to add that wiiubru's repository as mentioned in the OP can be viewed away from the wiiu here @ http://appstore.wiiubru.com and is a direct mirror of the apps available within the hbas app. It also allows for you to download the current files in .zip format along with links to the source code or relavent gbatemp post. You can use the search facility to seek out the app you want , and the table is sortable in Author/Coder/Description columns. Mousing over the apps icon will give you further info on the app (taken directly from the apps meta.xml).

If you want to have more input into this project you can follow progress on the @vgmoose github , or come chat directly with us on IRC at #wiiubru on freenode. Or use the webclient .

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
(T-T)b is amazing!!!! :D
\m/

On another note, GBATemp still needs to make that separate homebrew section in the Wii U section, like the 3DS and Wii both have.

The reason most people think there is no homebrew for Wii U, is because of this. You have to really search hard to find all the homebrew for Wii U in the forum.
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People believe that there's no homebrew and it's hard to make, so there's no reason for a separate section. With that attitude, the homebrew stays hidden and "hard to make", because there's no section focusing on it. :glare:

Reactions: brienj
D

Deleted User

Can we update the Brew Store from within itself? :P
You can indeed.
However, it is up to the repository owner (@pwsincd operates the default repo) to keep all the apps on the actual server up-to-date.

Your images aren't loading . Logo and background from first look.
No, they aren't. That stuff needs to be fixed.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People believe that there's no homebrew and it's hard to make, so there's no reason for a separate section. With that attitude, the homebrew stays hidden and "hard to make", because there's no section focusing on it. :glare:
Yeah, now that the homebrew library is getting bigger, it needs its own section. Perhaps a separate section for game modding as well.

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
freaking finally ^_^ it should make things more easier for some people specially if they are bored moving the sd and open pc to update or download a homebrew every time

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1