Official [release] Homebrew App Store (for WiiU)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by vgmoose, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well nintendont allowing people to play gamecube backups with the gamepad, still gets updates. Genesis plus gx got update for gamepad support, wiisxr and mupen 64 both updated with better performance and compatibility. Honestly i was just thinking about others. I noticed a guide here that explains how to use wii homebrew with the gamepad, apparently they are adding that feature, not to mention a performance boost that makes use of wii u hardware to work better. Just some ideas, could always have a poll. It seems obvious people still care about vwii homebrew, why else would people still develop homebrew on it or improve the homebrew that exist? :)

2. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    I'm just trying to gauge interest

3. mattlandry

mattlandry Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    Canada
    Hey guys. I've been having an issue I can't find info about anywhere. No matter what I do, when I download from the app store 1.5, nothing ever actually installs. It shows it downloading then it refreshes and nothing has changed. When I check the SD card there is just an empty folder for the apps I attempted to download. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would be super helpful. Thanks!

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    SD card out of space ?

5. mattlandry

mattlandry Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    Canada
    Nah It's 64GB with 50GB free. I formatted it in guiformat as FAT32. I tried with 64K and 32K clusters but both had the same issue. When I get home later I'm gonna try and format with a different tool and see if maybe it will resolve any possible corruption issues.

6. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    I guess this is dead? app keeps crashing for me

7. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    not at all..

8. vgmoose
    OP

vgmoose GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Not dead :P You could say the next version is in a bit of development hell and the rise of the shinier switch homebrew app store hasn't helped it much.

You're crashing with the porkchop error message? Does holding L/R while it starts fix anything (wipes cache)? And then the next thing to check would be if you renaming sd:/wiiu/apps prevents the crash. If it does, then it may be an installed app that's causing an issue.

9. DeezTits

DeezTits GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2014
    United States
    Are there emulators that work with the Gamecube controller adapter? Aside from Nintendont, of course. I'm able to virtually map GC controllers and emulate a Wii U pro controller via haxchi, but aside from Wii U games, it doesn't translate (not the right term, I know) to any other emulators (ie, genesis plus, snesx, or even vwii). Is there a trick to get it working? Or am I trying to do something that is currently not achievable?

Thanks, in advance.

10. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    I believe hid to vPad allows you to use the Gamecube adapter, as well as other controllers like DS3 and DS4, in any Wii U application. It does need to be rerun anytime you boot the console.

11. DeezTits

DeezTits GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2014
    United States
    Yes! That's exactly what I use to map GC controllers - HID to vPad. It works great for Wii U games (and Wii U virtual console games). But, it doesn't translate over to emulators. I'm guessing it's because the emulators are just forwarders to emus in vWii. I don't know.

12. pdiddy007

pdiddy007 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2018
    Australia
    I am having this EXACT issue. Crashing with the pork chop message. I have cleared the cache with no effect - still crashes. What else can i do?

13. raldagAman

raldagAman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Wow thank you so much for all your hard work!

14. mattlandry

mattlandry Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    Canada
    If anybody is wondering (Probably not), my issue was caused by a defective SD card. I had 2 cheap ones which all worked fantastically for soft modding half a dozen other consoles but the Wii U doesn't seem to like them. Bought a legit Sandisk SD card that other people were using and it's worked great ever since!

15. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    glad you sorted your problem , and thanks for getting back with the fix.

16. pwsincd
    This message by pwsincd has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 21, 2018.
    Jun 24, 2018
  17. pwsincd
    This message by pwsincd has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 21, 2018.
    Jun 24, 2018
  18. lucas millington

lucas millington Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    its stuck at 33 out of 127