[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiyaCFW v1.2

What's new?/Bug fix
  • Soft-resetting into titles now work (again)!
    You are no longer back into HOME Menu when trying to soft-reset into DSiWare titles (ex. L+R+START+SELECT in WarioWare Touched and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark conflict, DSiWare versions).
Files changed
  • "bootcode.dsi"
  • Bootloader: Includes .ips patch to update "bootloader.nds", if you already have the .nds file.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: rommy667

warmo161

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok this looks awsome, ive been checking dsi hacks for a while

Quick question though, because the DSI store is dead, how do you perform this on a empty dsi if it needs a title in data management?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This certainly needs 2gb in partition or less. Tried it with my 4gb sd card and it doesn't work. Tried it on 2gb sd card and it works. I haven't tried partitioning though as I have a spare 2gb sd card. I just have to transfer the files.

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This certainly needs 2gb in partition or less. Tried it with my 4gb sd card and it doesn't work. Tried it on 2gb sd card and it works. I haven't tried partitioning though as I have a spare 2gb sd card. I just have to transfer the files.

You just need to format a 4GB+ using this tool, https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ , format your SD to FAT32 and use the Full Format option. Success varies with every SD card but all sizes should work, I've had several 4GB and 8 GB cards work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: