[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three questions: can you launch games from the SD card or just DSiWare and do you need to do that 122 times thing every time you want to install a DSiWare title or is there a batch installer? Also, does Flipnote Studio come standard or do I have to install it? I'd have to get one from GameStop and o want to be sure.
With HiyaCFW, you can run DSiWare from SD card, via NAND to SD card redirection. Installing DSiWare to SD card is easy, as HiyaCFW is started every boot.
Also, Flipnote Studio does not come pre-installed on all DSis, but is most likely going to come pre-installed on a DSi XL.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Aw man... I bricked my DSi a little while ago with the leaked release of ugopwn (I tried and failed to inject fieldrunners), but I ordered a "for parts or repair" model from eBay this week as soon as I saw this. Swapped the motherboards and found that flipnote studio wasn't on the device! Hopefully another entrypoint will exist at some point. I'm not too hopeful, but hey at least I fixed my DSi for like eight bucks.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Three questions: can you launch games from the SD card or just DSiWare and do you need to do that 122 times thing every time you want to install a DSiWare title or is there a batch installer? Also, does Flipnote Studio come standard or do I have to install it? I'd have to get one from GameStop and o want to be sure.
  1. You can launch DS roms from the SD card using SRLoader which is installed when following dsi.cfw.guide.
  2. After installing HiyaCFW, you can install SRLoader directly to the SDNAND (NAND on SD) and launch homebrew without Flipnote.
  3. The later DSis came with Internet Browser and Flipnote. The earlier ones did not. I'd recommend getting one second hand and checking before you buy it.
EDIT: oh whoops someone already replied but i didn't see cause it was on the next page lol

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. You can launch DS roms from the SD card using SRLoader which is installed when following dsi.cfw.guide.
  2. After installing HiyaCFW, you can install SRLoader directly to the SDNAND (NAND on SD) and launch homebrew without Flipnote.
  3. The later DSis came with Internet Browser and Flipnote. The earlier ones did not. I'd recommend getting one second hand and checking before you buy it.
Would that include DSi XLs?

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see there's a limit to set the NAND up, but after CFW is installed, is it possible to use a card over 2GB or am I stuck with just 2GB.

Reactions: chronoss

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
People who are likely to be skilled at SMD soldering, since with your earlier post you have ignored or rejected the viability of hardmods
My point is, there's an extremely easy software mod, that hasn't been released yet, and they release the CFW prior to the release of the exploit?
It doesn't make sense to me. Normally you publish the entrypoint first, then worry about the uses of it (CFW, HB, etc).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My point is, there's an extremely easy software mod, that hasn't been released yet, and they release the CFW prior to the release of the exploit?
It doesn't make sense to me. Normally you publish the entrypoint first, then worry about the uses of it (CFW, HB, etc).
Remember that different regions of "the same" game (Flipnote) are technically completely separate; the exploit may or may not necessarily be exactly the same (if it wasn't fixed by accident in translation in the first place)...

...and your sane and pragmatic reasoning clashes with the ePenis contest/perfectionism* of most current day scenes. Perhaps it's just both of us growing up, actually getting some technical knowledge, and not being amazed anymore by "dad buy me this 30 € game from China, I promise you probably won't need to buy any more afterwards"?

* which is partially fueled by potential users in the first place; how many people with an American console complained about having to paste the exploit flipnote 103 times, something you have to do less than 3 times to install a more convenient secondary exploit?

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Remember that different regions of "the same" game (Flipnote) are technically completely separate; the exploit may or may not necessarily be exactly the same (if it wasn't fixed by accident in translation in the first place)...

...and your sane and pragmatic reasoning clashes with the ePenis contest/perfectionism* of most current day scenes. Perhaps it's just both of us growing up, actually getting some technical knowledge, and not being amazed anymore by "dad buy me this 30 € game from China, I promise you probably won't need to buy any more afterwards"?

* which is partially fueled by potential users in the first place; how many people with an American console complained about having to paste the exploit flipnote 103 times, something you have to do less than 3 times to install a more convenient secondary exploit?
Wow. That's amazing.
Literally every single thing you said there is completely incorrect.
Nothing, whatsoever, is true.

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That's amazing.
Literally every single thing you said there is completely incorrect.
Nothing, whatsoever, is true.
You realise complaining won't do anything right? I have a US dsi but I have to wait until unlaunch is more stable. Just do what people in other regions do wait it order a Us dsi online.

Reactions: siamese

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With HiyaCFW, you can run DSiWare from SD card, via NAND to SD card redirection. Installing DSiWare to SD card is easy, as HiyaCFW is started every boot.
Also, Flipnote Studio does not come pre-installed on all DSis, but is most likely going to come pre-installed on a DSi XL.

I´ve already downgraded from 1.45 to 1.4 using this excellent guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/
then injected Dsiware hax games (sudoku and fourswords) https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-dsi-modding-help-thread-and-guide.481118/
finally installed some Dsiware "backups" https://gbatemp.net/threads/photo-g...backups-on-real-hardware-and-emulator.476817/

To install HiyaCFW is it mandatory to use Ugopwn or can i use Sudokuhax or 4swordshax? yes, i'm a lazy tapper
If I install HiyaCFW can i still play my nand installed Dsiware "backups" ? or do i need to reinstall them on sdnand?

thx:)

Reactions: AL_16

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To install HiyaCFW is it mandatory to use Ugopwn or can i use Sudokuhax or 4swordshax? yes, i'm a lazy tapper
You can use Sudokuhax, I'm not sure about 4swords.
If I install HiyaCFW can i still play my nand installed Dsiware "backups" ? or do i need to reinstall them on sdnand?
If you have them when you make the nand dump that becomes your SDnand, they will still be there.

Reactions: siamese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY