[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what is the maximum supported DSi FW version for HiyaCFW.
Additionally:
1. Will it work with DS Two and Acekard flash cards?
2. Any emulators that confilict with it ATM?
1. Yes.
2. No.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, so can you run regular DS roms from SD, or does this only work for DSiWare?
You need SRLoader to run regular DS ROMs from SD, and SRLoader also works with HiyaCFW.

Reactions: Mathews R27

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did everything on dsi guide until the point that i need to open hiyacfw_helper.py i have the decrypted nand files on the sd card but i got an error it asks me if i have the no$gba footer but the guide tells me "twlnf will create this footer automatically when it makes a backup" i did that backup just some minutes ago and i downloaded everything today, do i need to do it manually?(if i need to do it how?)
or i need to move the files to a place other than the root of the sd card?
EDIT: Fixed it
i have installed the cfw, now how i install retail dsiwares on tia format?
i tried to install a game like the srloader but it doesnt show on the menu

Last edited by Rioluwott,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Play DSiWare, and for the end user (I presume) nothing more at the moment.
well, then it came very too late
i mean, I'm pretty sure everyone on this site already own a flash cart and dont need a cfw lol

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, then it came very too late
i mean, I'm pretty sure everyone on this site already own a flash cart and dont need a cfw lol
Well... you can use it to play games from the SD... and still presuming, that's the only advantages.
Probably in a future, we will be capable of playing GBA on GBA-mode from this (with a more stable aplication than GBARunner2).
Isn't about HiyaCFW came too late or not actually... because after almost 10 years, finally we have a true CFW for DSi, something a lot of DSi-users desired since 2009.

Last edited by E1ite007,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well... you can use it to play games from the SD... and still presuming, that's the only advantages.
Probably in a future, we will be capable of playing GBA on GBA-mode from this (with a more stable aplication than GBARunner2).
Isn't about HiyaCFW came too late or not actually... is because after almost 10 years, finally we have a true CFW for DSi, something a lot of DSi-users desired since 2009.
For a console released in 2004 :P

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Flipnote Studio and your console is american, with Ugopwn you can downgrade if you need and inject SudokuHax.
Unless you don't fullfil those requirements, you can't without hardmod.

Injecting DSiWare and or Downgrading with TWLNF have been found to make it impossible to install UnLaunch+HiyaCFW.

Reactions: huntertron1

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ive done the setup. it now goes to the splash screen. it now can go into the dsi menu. i go to settings and it doesn't say i have it. do i have hiya cfw or not.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you have Flipnote Studio and your console is american, with Ugopwn you can downgrade if you need and inject SudokuHax.
Unless you don't fullfil those requirements, you can't without hardmod.

My console is Japanese. Is there a unique flaw in the US Flipnote Studio that results in only US models being hackable, or is it just that the exploit for non-US systems hasn't been made?

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ive done the setup. it now goes to the splash screen. it now can go into the dsi menu. i go to settings and it doesn't say i have it. do i have hiya cfw or not.
ive tried uplling the sd while running anything and it wont freeze does that mean its using nand instead?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8

So, i tried so far almost every combination possible, tried using lowcolor plugin on paint.net, using gimp, and sometimes the option to export as A1 R5 G5 B5 is disable,, and when i run it on the DS, the splash screen will just come out or
  • Washed Out
  • Very Small with repeating pattern
  • like VCR all pulled to one side.
Any tips here?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My console is Japanese. Is there a unique flaw in the US Flipnote Studio that results in only US models being hackable, or is it just that the exploit for non-US systems hasn't been made?
Actually they're working in an Ugopwn release for EU and JP. I don't know when it will launch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And does the SRLoader compat with HiyaCFW is 100% now or is the same?
They're different things.
SRLoader is an app that uses nds-bootstrap's nature to play NDS games from the SD. HiyaCFW is a CFW that let you to install DSiWare and use a SDNAND (similar to an EmuNAND from 3DS).

Last edited by E1ite007,
Reactions: regnad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s