1. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    Are you saying that it autoboots to TWLMenu++? Or that it boots your real system menu?

Tarmfot likes this.
  2. Tarmfot

Tarmfot GBAtemp Regular

Montserrat
    WhenI try to boot to HyaCWF menu, I get Twilight.

3. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    Go into TWLMenu++ settings, go to the Misc. Settings page,, and set the Default Launcher to System Menu.

Tarmfot likes this.
  4. Tarmfot

Tarmfot GBAtemp Regular

Montserrat
    I've disabled autoboot title in HiyaCFW configuration and now it boots into to System Menu of HiyaCFW!
    Now it works launching HiyaCFW system menu from unlaunch menu.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    alexander1970 and banjo2 like this.
  5. Alan Treecko

Alan Treecko GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer

United States
    is there something wrong with system settings with HiyaCFW? i'm getting "Please turn the system OFF" errors whenever changing things like system color or touch screen calibration.
    sysN: 1.4.4J
    redN: 1.4.4J
    hiyaCFW ver. 1.3.2

6. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    Go into the shared1 folder on a PC and untick the Read-only option on the properties of both files.

Tarmfot, alexander1970 and YotiReal like this.
  7. Alan Treecko

Alan Treecko GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer

United States
    it worked! thanks
    there was a similar question a few pages ago but the reply was to untick the option on a completely different file which never had any special settings in the first place

8. Augen

Augen Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Hi, I am using korean version of dsi.
    With the help of zoogie, succeeded in "memory pits", but failed to say "unsupported : error console region" in HiyaCFW Helper.
    you can make it work in korean version?

9. fernan1234

fernan1234 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a couple of issues after following this guide: https://dsi.cfw.guide/installing-hiyacfw

After installing HiyaCFW, getting the error has occurred screen (using a 32GB SD card), and then following the guide to installing TWiLight Menu++

1. There is no background music/sounds on the regular System Menu.

2. Pressing SELECT while turning on the system does not take me back to the HiyaCFW menu.

3. TWiLight Menu++ does not appear as a DSiWare title on the System Menu as it's supposed to according to the guide.

Any help with one or all of these issues would be really appreciated!

10. epicmartin7

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Also having similar issues. I have a Sandisk 2GB SD Card along with a Tobisha 2GB SD Card. Both formatted to FAT32 and Default Allocation Size.

Every time I'd use the SD Card Helper, hiyaCFW would not appear as an optional title nor would the other SD redirected apps. I've tried reformatting several times to no avail.

EDIT: After misreading it, seems like it may be a different issue. Nontheless, these issues are still a bit weird.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  11. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    1. This is the expected behavior of the System Menu (Launcher) after installing unlaunch.
    2. Open unlaunch menu → OPTIONSNO BUTTON – Select HIYACFW from the list →SAVE & EXIT. Holding (SELECT) for about two seconds while turning on should now open HiyaCFW configuration.
    3. TWiLight Menu++ is supposed to appear on the System Menu of SDNAND ("EmuNAND"). Booting from SysNAND (where no background music is present because of unlaunch) will not show TWiLight Menu++.
    Seems to be a similar problem. HiyaCFW is not a title to be seen on System Menu. Unlauch has to be configured to (auto-)boot into HiyaCFW.

Tarmfot, fernan1234 and alexander1970 like this.
  12. epicmartin7

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, so that's the difference between all-capitialized and the normal names in the options menu. Well, regardless, hiyaCFW does not show up at all in the boot options. Nor does any DSiWare title from the SD Card... besides the DSi + Internet one which is a bit strange.

Other than that, here's my SD Card root. Can't seem to really find what's going on. Maybe this will help a bit.

Attached Files:

13. fernan1234

fernan1234 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks a lot! This clarifies everything. I never tried the System Menu (or Launcher) from the SDNAND. I'll check it to confirm it's all there. If I ever decided to (since I also have a working R4i+ card), is it possible to uninstall unlauncher to restore the normal behavior/sound of the SysNAND Launcher?

One more question: Is there any advantage to HiyaCFW over TWiLight Menu++ as the default (no button) menu that makes it worth tracking down a compatible <2GB SD card? On the card I'm currently using (32GB Samsung Evo micro SD with adapter), I'm getting problems with GBARunner2 (the file selection menu shows blank spaces, navigating through folders makes folders/items disappear), but everything else seems fine.

14. pilladoll

pilladoll GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Excuse me, R4 SDHC GOLD Pro 2014 can be runned with Hiya or I need to patch something?

15. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    You should be able to run all flashcarts with Hiya.

Tarmfot and alexander1970 like this.
  16. DarkMeowstic

DarkMeowstic Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, sorry for bothering you but I get the error "Erorr! Failed to read Launcher's title.tmd"! I checked my title.tmd as suggested here: https://github.com/mondul/HiyaCFW-Helper/issues/24 and it's actually 520 bytes long... Maybe I should change Hiya's folder or something? :(

17. ederenzi78

ederenzi78 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi @Robz8
    I don't know if it's a known issue but if you open Data Management from the DSI Settings in HiyaCFW, the total free block count is correct but the block count for every installed app is wrong as it's roughly a half of what it should be. Because of this, summing the block count of every shown app and then adding the free block count doesn't give you the 1024 value.
    Thanks

18. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Finally, got my DSi back. I seem to have Hiya on there, if not Twilight++ on it. I see that there's the spot where it's saying "gba bios not found"... where would i put the file so it would find it on the SD card, then?

19. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

The "bios.bin" has to be in the ROOT of your SD Card.

Thank you.:)

codezer0 likes this.
  20. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Ah, okay. had it in the right place, but the wrong name. Now I got it working. Thank you <3

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Nintendo, HiyaCFW