[RELEASE] HCL-Switch - Hydra Castle Labyrinth port for Nintendo Switch

HCL-Switch v.1.1

HCL-Switch is a port of Hydra Castle Labyrinth for Nintendo Switch.
Hydra Castle Labyrinth, originally Meikyuujou Hydra, is a freeware Indie platformer developed by E. Hashimoto, a.k.a. Buster, and released on his website. The original game was entirely in Japanese, but saw a translation patch months after its original creation.
The game hearkens back to early "Metroidvania" games like Knightmare II: The Maze of Galious and Legacy of the Wizard: the player explores an immense maze-like dungeon, collecting tools and keys that allow them to proceed deeper. Certain areas are cordoned off from the main dungeon area, and each presents a more linear zone with a boss at the end. The player can find new equipment to make themselves stronger as well.

Controls

A = Jump
B = Attack
Minus = Open Pause Menu
Plus = Open Inventory
Up = Interact with objects and save points
DPad = Move the character

Credits

- E. Hashimoto for the original game.
- Thanks to EasyRPG Team for their awesome audio decoder and Ghabry for helping me adapting it to work without EasyRPG core.

Screenshots
Note: Screenshots refer to an old version where i was misaligning screen. In release, screen is properly centered.

hcl1.jpg

hcl2.jpg

hcl3.jpg

Links

Sourcecode: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/HCL-Switch
Download: http://switchdb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/13

How to install

- Create a folder in your /switch folder called HCL-Switch
- Place the nro file inside the created folder
- Extract the data files in the created folder

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wonderful, would be great having an upscale function to have the game stretched at least at full Y screen size mantaining the size ratio.
(In case the function exists already, I'm not at home and I can't test the game... yet)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
wonderful, would be great having an upscale function to have the game stretched at least at full Y screen size mantaining the size ratio.

That's a planned feature, i got some suggestions from @cpasjuste for how to easily implement this with no performances drops.
I plan to add a switchable Zoom mode that will scale to 960x720 when requested (atm renderer is set to 640x480).

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
after playing half an hour he gave me error 2162-0002 again, while I was going down some stairs, It does not seem related to anything in particular

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• HCL-Switch.zip
    158.8 KB · Views: 245

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This should fix that specific crash.
Can you tell me if that's the case?
If so, let me know whenever you find another crash and describe me what caused the crash to trigger.
HCL code is really badly wrote, has several flaws that can potentially cause segfaults.

okay! downloading and testing! Although, I have to say that I decided to continue playing without using the ax, and in other areas I used without an ax and did not give an error code, it is strange, but I say again that it gives error without any specific action, since in other places it acts they do not give that error, but I'm happy to try to comment on the errors I found, Thanks for all your work, you're a phenomenon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol