Hacking [Release] GTA 3 Vita port

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for long reply, checking my audio folder it has 198 but it was a ripped so the radio mp3 have been edited to blank 4 second files.

ill try source the stations.

be nice if we can get vitacheat to run and find codes when playing these.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for long reply, checking my audio folder it has 198 but it was a ripped so the radio mp3 have been edited to blank 4 second files.

ill try source the stations.

be nice if we can get vitacheat to run and find codes when playing these.
It is VitaCheat itself. I tried changing Mario64 and GTA3 to have PCSE#####, but when it went to Load........crash. Even with the RinCheat, and MemDump (or whatever it is called). Nothing. Unless we can get the Source for VitaCheat (still waiting for a Reply), we will need to have a new Cheat Engine that will work with Homebrew.

Reactions: SuperDan

mullen25312

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who managed to compile the source code? I get the following error for the final make command after building/installing vitasdk, vitaGL and librw-vita:

In file included from src/audio/sampman_oal.cpp:8:

src/audio/eax/eax.h:53:11: fatal error: AL/al.h: No such file or directory

53 | #include <AL/al.h>

| ^~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

<builtin>: recipe for target 'src/audio/sampman_oal.o' failed

make: *** [src/audio/sampman_oal.o] Error 1

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works really flawless on my system, thank you for your hard work!
Thank the Flow & Rinnegatamante & everyone else who built this I'm just sharing there amazing stuff...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering if anyone has a solid FPS setup for the controls..?.. Ive tried a few times but it always didn't quite work out.. & to be fair I didn't put that much time into it.. But it's finally my one weekend off I get a month & I feel like playing some GTA 3 on Vita... Also in graphics I leave post fx on.. They said to leave it off in the tutorial... There has been some car mods on Reddit.. That worked.. & the Xbox high res goes glitchy around the Staunton island area... But I still use it normal style & it's still smooth & playable...

https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy...n_vita/?usqp=mq331AQRKAGYAeWT766077-t6gGwASA=

Last edited by SuperDan,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE OUT NOW !!!

81e7f2b21f9aa7480ae70c8061be741ff0e1a9745a0c27f6b8bc1b1633938805.png
re3-vita v.1.1

re3-vita v.1.1 available for download! A lot of quality of life changes and bugfixes had been done. Performancee also greatly improved.

NOTE!!! If you did have v.1.0 already installed be sure to update data files with new ones AND delete txd.img and txd.dir files before installing v.1.1 vpk!!! Also if you used to play with Frame Limiter OFF, enable it cause now you will likely hit framerates higher than 30 with it disabled and this will break game physics!

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...eimplementation-of-gta-iii.31588/#post-266836

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the set of data files the same as the Switch port? I keep getting error c2-12828-1 right when gameplay should start after the intro and was wondering if it was a plugin problem, file problem or otherwise. I have fd_fix, ref00d, and 0syscall6 enabled.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OriginalRit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...well. i have been adding cars to a separate .img file that i included into gta.dat which runs fine. everytime i delete the txd.img and txd.dir , it just tebuilds it and runs the game perfect.. i havent had any luch with any cleo mods as yet but add/replacing .txd's and .dff's isnt an issue!

OriginalRit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...well. i have been adding cars to a separate .img file that i included into gta.dat which runs fine. everytime i delete the txd.img and txd.dir , it just tebuilds it and runs the game perfect.. i havent had any luch with any cleo mods as yet but add/replacing .txd's and .dff's isnt an issue!

My first attempt was with Real GTA 3, it worked but the models were all far too big so it crashed the Ps Vita and shut it down.

So what i have been doing is hunting down cool vehicle with tiny txd's and dff's, i currently have 10 new cars working great and have been trying to keep the files under 400kb (Maximum)

Last edited by OriginalRit,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
v.1.2 available for download!

Changelog
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit.
- Added triple buffering (Eliminates tearing when V-Sync is off).
- Greatly improved backface culling blacklist (There shouldn't be anymore invisible models in certain circumstances).
- Added back support for PS2 Alpha Test emulation (you can enable or disable it in Graphics option. Suggested to turn it Off for better performances)
- Updated to latest re3 commit. (Amongst the various bugfixes and enhancements, physics is now properly working on Vita and voice acting volume has been adjusted).
- Backported rain particles effect from GTA: Vice City (Greatly increases framerate during rainy scenes).
- Enabled more aggressive optimizations on compiling phase.

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...mentation-of-gta-iii.31588/page-2#post-274011

Might have to check this out now as it seems to be in its final form with this update. Are there any glitches etc.. or does it play perfectly on Vita?

OriginalRit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
v.1.2 available for download!

Changelog
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit.
- Added triple buffering (Eliminates tearing when V-Sync is off).
- Greatly improved backface culling blacklist (There shouldn't be anymore invisible models in certain circumstances).
- Added back support for PS2 Alpha Test emulation (you can enable or disable it in Graphics option. Suggested to turn it Off for better performances)
- Updated to latest re3 commit. (Amongst the various bugfixes and enhancements, physics is now properly working on Vita and voice acting volume has been adjusted).
- Backported rain particles effect from GTA: Vice City (Greatly increases framerate during rainy scenes).
- Enabled more aggressive optimizations on compiling phase.

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...mentation-of-gta-iii.31588/page-2#post-274011

Might have to check this out now as it seems to be in its final form with this update. Are there any glitches etc.. or does it play perfectly on Vita?

After updating it to 1.2, everything seems to be working great. The mods i installed still work fine and the Rain is way more consistent (seemed to start and stop a lot by location before) and looks better. I will play for a while and update here with anything i find (if any)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D