Official [Release] GodMode9 - All Access File Browser for the 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by d0k3, Mar 22, 2016.

1. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I dunno if GodMode9 can extract a decrypted .cia into their romfs and exefs components. There is a program called ctrtool you run on desktop that can produce those folders @ github ... /profi200/Project_CTR/releases

Here's the instruction on how to use it:

@ github ... /ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/Extract-a-game-or-application-in-.cia-format

Edit : @Eddypikachu Nevermind! I figured out how you extract the files in a decrypted CIA.

- In GodMode9, hover over your .cia file and press A.
    - Select CIA image options...
    - Select Mount image to drive and press <A> yes. You should now be in [G:] CIA GAME IMAGE which list all the files within the mounted CIA.
    - Hold the L-shoulder button and scroll down to highlight everything in yellow.
    - Press A on one of the '.bin' or '.app' items you've selected. The first one/two items listed with a bunch of numbers and zeros are directories.
    - You should now see on the bottom screen the option Copy to 0:/gm9/out . Select <A> yes.
    - In the gm9/out folder, you should find all the extracted files from your CIA which you can now copy over to your computer to edit and rebuild.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jan 2, 2018
  2. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Ugh, what does 2018 bring? It's bugs, bugs and more bugs. The problem should be fixed here, testing is appreciated:
    https://f.secretalgorithm.com/10I4BJ/godmode9-v1.5.0-3-g0dd72ceb-20180101214052.zip

I'll look into it.

3. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    hausa51, zoogie and Joel16 like this.
  4. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by wicksand420, Jan 2, 2018
  5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    From 3DS to CIA to game play, tested on N3DSXL with 3D Roads of Anger II and Iron Swimmer. :yay:

Same as above process but with this release, tested on the 2nd N3DS with Star Vulpes 4³ IIID. :yaynds:

6. SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334 Renound Aritst

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Yes, @d0k3, I can confirm newest release/commit builds CIA's correctly. (Tested on N2DSXL) Also, perhaps you should get a GM9 discord server. That'd be pretty cool. PabloMK7 has one for CTGP-7.

7. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Yes, this works with fastboot3ds - just older releases don't.

wicksand420 and GizmoTheGreen like this.
  8. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    A channel reserved for GodMode9 discussion? Not a bad idea. I chose IRC though.

You can join in at #GodMode9 on freenode. If you don't have a dedicated IRC client, use the webchat at http://webchat.freenode.net/

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  9. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Okay, @d0k3, I've got a big suggestion. It's got two parts. First is, allow people to browse through their partitions while an operation is happening. If, say, you're making a NAND backup, we should be allowed to look through the directories while it's working away. Perhaps we could even be able to view files in the Text/Hexediter, but not necessarily edit, all while the process is happening on the bottom screen. Or, make it not as obvious by allowing you to have an operation in one pane, and be able to browse in another. And the other idea is: operation caching. This would be more complicated to implement, but would be very useful. Basically, using the browse function from earlier, be able to add an operation to happen after the current one finishes. Or, tie everything together with an operations menu, which you can open from anywhere with a key combo, perhaps R + SELECT. This displays all active and future/cached operations, and starting an operation would add it to the list. Perhaps with a bit of working, you could allow us to rearrange operations, or at least rearrange operations that haven't started yet. This would be an amazing addition, which would definitely make GodMode9 much better, in my opinion. If the caching/menu is too complicated, at the very least allow us to do the first thing I mentioned, browsing while an operation is working away. Don't forget to remove the option to eject an SD card! Also, in this case, operation also means script, or basically anything else that involves a progress bar, be it moving a file or dumping something.

10. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    @d0k3 Actually, I also have another idea. You should merge SafeB9SInstaller into GM9. Then, you could simply boot GM9 via an exploit of your choice, and install it. It would also allow easy updating of Boot9Strap, you would simply boot GM9, go to HOME -> More... -> Install/Update B9S, then it would go to a screen similar to SafeB9SInstaller and install B9S from the /boot9strap/ folder. It would eliminate the need for an extra app, making GM9 even more the Ultimate 3DS tool. You could set the option to have it automatically prompt to install Boot9Strap if Sighax/B9S/GM9 Bootloader is not detected. Just an idea.

11. windows_server_2003

windows_server_2003 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    Japan
    I agree it's great, but difficult to add.
    Multi thread(file operations/browsing dirs) is more complicated than you think.
    It means do each operations in very small time again and again like this :

Browsing = wait input and change cursor position and if A pressed, enter the dir and....
    | Copying | Browsing | Copying | Browsing | Copying |............
    0   0.01    0.02   0.03   0.04   0.05.........

The script feature is for that. You can just select "scripts..." and select a script to overwrite f0 and f1 with /boot9strap/boot9strap.firm. The red unlock sequence is the warning.
    And HOME menu shortcut feature is nice - Move scripts in /gm9/scripts/shortcuts/ to the root of the HOME.

Last edited by windows_server_2003, Jan 3, 2018
  12. Wolfvak

Wolfvak awoo~

Oct 25, 2015
    Uruguay
    This is not doable simply due to how GM9 works, it's not a multithreaded/multitasked operating system, it barely counts as a nanokernel as it is right now.

First, I think SB9SI has been deprecated in favor of OFI.

Second, GM9 can't boot from older entrypoints unlike OFI, and having the same functionality in both GM9 and OFI seems a bit redundant and sounds like maintenance hell in the case a bug is found in either of them.

13. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    Please tell me what OFI is again?

14. Wolfvak

Wolfvak awoo~

Oct 25, 2015
    Uruguay
    SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  15. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    I see. So, it basically does the exact same but it also supports FastBoot. I hope it'll support installing GM9 to a firm partition.
    About Sighax...all it involves is installing a specially signed hax firm to firm0/1? I thought B9S booted earlier than that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can arm11 payloads use wireless? Will we ever see an FTP client implemented into GodMode9?

16. Wolfvak

Wolfvak awoo~

Oct 25, 2015
    Uruguay
    Well, yes and no. All it takes is that special signature, but not all FIRMs must be designed to boot from FIRM partition (OFI itself is a great example). The only reason B9S and FB3DS are the only ones "supported" right now is because they're the only ones which are designed to boot from the BootROM, have the capability to boot other FIRMs, we're written by well known developers *and* have some sort of unique identifier.

In the case of B9S, you can check for the NDMA/DAbort sections, and in the case of FB3DS, you can verify the signature (all FB3DS releases are signed with a private key only the devs have).

Devs are encouraged to add their own, if they fullfil the requirements.

As for the wireless thing from ARM11, it's theoretically possible but we don't know how yet.
    And no, I doubt it's possible to integrate any networking to GM9, at least in it's current, non-preemptive state.

17. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    I see.
    That's too bad, because an FTP client in GM9 would be awesome, as well as the ability to connect to other 3DS systems and view their files.

18. SirNapkin1334

Aug 20, 2017
    United States
    Crap Mountain
    If @d0k3 implements full support for NDS flashcarts, he should add the ability to Flash NTRBoot, like NTRBoot_Flasher.

19. Wolfvak

Wolfvak awoo~

Oct 25, 2015
    Uruguay
    That'd be going waaay too far. Fragmentation much?

20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Does anyone know why I can't unmount my SD card? R+A works but not R+B