then use godmode9 mount ticket.db

Last edited by srwgin,

Lololkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even try GodMode9? You know that there is no writing to critical stuff without unlocking it via a button sequence and that there is warning for everything?
Hey, mine says "Ticket Dump (SysNAND): failed!" Any idea why this is happening?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I want to CTRTranfer between two consoles, all I have to do is copy ctrnand_full.bin from one console to another using GodMode9? Is it that simple?
create a transferable ctrnand image using decrypt9
ctrnand_full.bin is enough. No need for D9.

I've got a question about the fs stuff in the sources. How does it figure out the different drive names from indexes and vise versa? I spent some time browsing and didn't figure it out.
fsdrive.h / fsdrive.c

Hey, mine says "Ticket Dump (SysNAND): failed!" Any idea why this is happening?
That's a D9 question, not GM9. Just do it in GM9.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Does godmode9 protect an already installed a9lh/b9 if you restore a nand like hourglass does?
Would be any problem If I restore an a9lh-nand on a b9 system?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does godmode9 protect an already installed a9lh/b9 if you restore a nand like hourglass does?
Would be any problem If I restore an a9lh-nand on a b9 system?
A button -> safe restore option. Protects both, A9LH and B9S.

After finding out you can launch GodMode9 from CTRNAND with a SDless Luma setup (after making a "payloads" folder in rw/luma) I wanted to ask if this scenario is possible:

Let's say someone after installing Boot9Strap/Sighax, wanted their emunand transfered to sysnand so they perform a NAND restore. But, they get butter fingers and somehow select the unsafe option and blindly enter the code to write. Does the CTRNAND partition still contain the payload and could it be launched still if you didn't have a SD card inserted?

Logic assumes it's not possible since the jump from bootrom to .firm launching is removed when you uninstall the hax. But, if it were possible, it'd mean being able to use SafeB9SInstaller if you had your SD out and the restored nand had no kernel entrypoint. (assuming a firmware version past 11.4.0-37 that blocked safehax and udsploit)
That's a highly unlikely scenario, but if you fully restored your NAND, of course the CTRNAND would be back to it's old state, too.

If i update to B9S can i keep using my Emunand?
Can i keep my sysnand version to 9.2 after B9S install or i have to go to 11.4?
Wrong thread. This is a CFW question.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3, is there a way to create a CTRTransfer image with GodMode9? Also, can friendsave.bin and seedsave.bin be dumped? I can't seem to find out how. Would I still need Decrypt9 for these things?

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's been asked a bunch, but can I use this to edit game soundtracks with my own music? (After converting them to .wav or whatever the filetype is)

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i'm on an ooold A9LH emunand setup. Is it possible to use GodMode9 to get my original "secret sector" from my emunand? It was made before i switched over to A9LH and garbled my original sector on NAND. I've been out of the loop for quite a while so i'm not sure i remember all the specifics correctly, so i'd thought i better ask before doing something stupid.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3, I noticed something between my two devices. On my 2DS, when I press the Home button for the Home menu and select "More..." I have a option for "Bonus drive setup" but on my N3DSXL the option is not present. Why is that?

Note: They both have the same drives shown on the top screen. No bonus drive was setup for either console.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3, is there a way to create a CTRTransfer image with GodMode9? Also, can friendsave.bin and seedsave.bin be dumped? I can't seem to find out how. Would I still need Decrypt9 for these things?
Just get the ctrnand_full.bin from S: (E:/I:), that's the same thing.

sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's been asked a bunch, but can I use this to edit game soundtracks with my own music? (After converting them to .wav or whatever the filetype is)
No.

So i'm on an ooold A9LH emunand setup. Is it possible to use GodMode9 to get my original "secret sector" from my emunand? It was made before i switched over to A9LH and garbled my original sector on NAND. I've been out of the loop for quite a while so i'm not sure i remember all the specifics correctly, so i'd thought i better ask before doing something stupid.
You don't need to care. SafeB9SInstaller will handle secret_sector restore for you.

What does "Update embedded backup" on NAND options mean?
This embeds a minimum size backup, which will include all files required to restore your NAND (to factory state). It's somewhat of a last resort thingy, if all else fails.

@d0k3, I noticed something between my two devices. On my 2DS, when I press the Home button for the Home menu and select "More..." I have a option for "Bonus drive setup" but on my N3DSXL the option is not present. Why is that?

Note: They both have the same drives shown on the top screen. No bonus drive was setup for either console.
You could have looked in the readme. That option only turns up if you have enough free space, and that can be different from console to console (even among same type).

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good