[Release] God of War Collection - Remastered Videos Mod

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by megatallica, Sep 17, 2016.

1. megatallica
    OP

megatallica Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Ive always wanted to play the God of War Collection on Vita, but the cutscenes always took me out of it. It was extremely annoying that the videos were not sized properly.

Ive taken steps to remedy that.

I have source the Original copies of the cutscenes and have resampled them into the correct vita resolution. The QUality Is Byfar superior to the original versions, but are abit larger in file size. There is 2 versions of the videos a 300kbps Version for People who want to keep their content size down, and a 450kbps version for people who want a High quality experience. Ive also replaced the multi-ligual videos with dummy files, but you can download them seperately if you intend to play in a different language.
    Preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guide
    *Unfortunately you do need to dump your game (I will see if adding the files to the update folder is possible)

1. Locate your GOW folder in the "ux0:app" folder (for me its PCSF00438)

2. Go to the Directory "exec" and delete the _movies folder

3. Move the folder _movies from the archive into the exec directory

4. All Done

Enjoy Guys

Last edited by megatallica, Sep 28, 2016
    MUDD_BR, MKKhanzo, satan89 and 3 others like this.
  2. mat03111984

mat03111984 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2007
    not a fan of the series but really good work!

3. UsaraKa

UsaraKa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    Excellent work on the GOW1 videos! Looking forward to GOW2 videos. Thanks.

memomo likes this.
  4. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Amazing job, Thanks
    Can't wait for GOW2

5. megatallica
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Quick Update, Ive have put the GOW2 Videos on hold, Turns out the original videos (the PS2 and PS3 HS Version use the same video), produce a much nicer result, I am re-render all the gow1 videos with the new videos.

MKKhanzo and memomo like this.
  6. RazorX2014

RazorX2014 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2014
    looking forward to seeing the final result

7. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Nice
    Can't wait

8. megatallica
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Ok New Update!

So I have a couple of Versions
    I made a 300 and 450 kbps version so people who are concerned about space, and those that want a hq experience.
    As before I made dummy versions of the international variant videos, if you are playing in a different language, download the corresponding international Files.

GOW 1&2 300kbps (Sourced from Remastered) https://mega.nz/#!tJkl1DIK!e18n3FyQmFuKOfmEI90gVkUWax0QFhySk5fHSLla9fY
    GOW 1&2 450kbps (Sourced from Remastered) https://mega.nz/#!sQEDBSpC!J1O8yOpnyjHXkuWWOHG6beflMT5tNPSaHhY8dzf34k4

International Videos
    GOW 1&2 300kbps (Sourced from Remastered) Multi https://mega.nz/#!oINyzQ4b!dMX-_Eih0m2MHW3egSGR7CloZcOGXvqt9a94wqYMG3k
    GOW 1&2 450kbps (Sourced from Remastered) Multi https://mega.nz/#!RRFREZJI!kYsndAXoe2yMt937rWOVq7d6CPATBrmZskUxtCUxjLY

PS Unfortunatly I did make an interesting discoverey, the videos are rendered in the same lower resolution as the games, so I will be making a "Native" resolution video package aswell, no point wasting a couple of hundred pixels that we arent using, so expect a new version in a couple of days. ALthough I will leave these versions up incase I figure out a way to unencode the games and figure out where the viewport size it stored.

Last edited by megatallica, Sep 28, 2016
  9. RazorX2014

RazorX2014 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2014
    good job, also you have posted the GOW Multi 450kbps link twice

10. zeta_ookami

zeta_ookami Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    Ecuador
    Thank's man, it's a great job!
    Just a problem, the multi lingual pack is not working in any language besides english, both versions, it's rare because the video plays flawlessly, but no sound
    PS: I do use the multilingual pack, just for sure