OatmealDome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icon.png

Introducing geckiine, an application that allows you to use TCPGecko and cafiine at the same time! Normally, if you try and run both of the installers, they do not work and would crash your Wii U. Not anymore! With this, you can use file replacement hacks in your games as well as use TCPGecko scripts to modify the game's memory at the same time. This allows you to use (for example) the Octoling SFX mod and safe Octohax at the same time for the full Octoling experience.

There may be a risk of you being banned if you use this online. It's probably safe (as long as the mods you are using are safe), but I just want to put that out there since this application hasn't been tested very much yet in online play.

Usage information and downloads: https://github.com/OatmealDome/Geckiine/blob/master/README.md

Need help?: Ask over at the Splatoon Modding Hub Discord or make an issue here. Because I am not very active on GBAtemp, I may take a while before I respond to your post. Other tempers may respond and offer assistance in the meantime.

D

Deleted User

@Kafluke may I suggest this be included in the definitive package?
I had no idea that loading multiple kernel-level programs would crash, as I'd never tried it.
I'll keep record of this, as it will probably be useful to me in the future.

OatmealDome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download here

This .elf will only work for people whose computer has an IP of 192.168.2.15. There is a reason why there is an IP entry form before the download link at 466gaming.ga/geckiine. If you insist on building geckiine yourself, you have to modify the IP in cafiine.c under the method cafiine_connect().

Which local IP did you use?
That would be better to have an external setting file to set the IP instead of depending on a website to generate the elf.

I tried to get an IP selector UI working, but I couldn't. Eventually, the people I was working with on this convinced me to just write an elf patching script since they had found the offset for the IP in the binary.

Last edited by OatmealDome,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can't make a UI for IP selector, just reading a config file that the user can edit manually could be used instead.
hexediting the elf works too, in case your website is offline, so there's always a solution.

seresaa

Resa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can't make a UI for IP selector, just reading a config file that the user can edit manually could be used instead.
hexediting the elf works too, in case your website is offline, so there's always a solution.
I actually wanted to have an offline patcher written, but since I'm still awful at programming and they wanted to do the online thing, I had no power in this

I'm gonna try and cram enough stuff in my brain to do it though, I know how, just not how to execute it

Last edited by seresaa,

OatmealDome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The problem wasn't really the UI itself, but rather it seems to be preserving the IP variable in memory (I think? I sort of just gave up when the ELF patcher idea was given to me)... The Wii U would crash when returning to the menu after making two connections to the cafiine server, when normally there's five or six. Even if I tried to load the IP from the config file, I would have the same problem. I'll see if I can look at it more later. Maybe there's something incredibly obvious that I missed.

I'll entrust the offline patcher to seresaa and link it in the GitHub README when it's done.

Last edited by OatmealDome,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...