Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So if i understand correct, this will onlyh get all games you bought in the eshop (people like me who system transffered everything to the N3ds, can't do this anymore)
Games that come in bundled package (preinstalled on 3DS, can be used on any other 3ds from the same region and appear 100% legit,
Does this mean that the game act like a 100% legit game and can be redownloaded afterwards, or it just acts like a legit game and can be transffered but not redownloaded from the eshop? (unless on the system where it was bought on.)

Yes, only get stuff that you bought/got for free on the shop yourself :)
yes you can redownload it if you delete the game (i am 99% sure)

Wow, this is awesome!
Trying the new version now. Seems to be working pretty good, but I had make_cdn_cia crash and the batch say it was made successfully. Maybe add a check to see if the output file is greater than 0kb?

Edit: Even with the enable all dlc flag on, Fire Emblem Awakening DLC refuses to work on an out of region system. Darn.
ah i had an idea like that, to check if a cia was created afterwards, i forgot about it, sure i will add that feature - thanks for the reminder!
weird that make_cdn_cia crashed, it is getting fixed at the moment, i think the new version will be much better!
are you using an eshop format game, or a .3ds format game when you play fire emblem? maybe i asked you this before, i forget.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, only get stuff that you bought/got for free on the shop yourself :)
yes you can redownload it if you delete the game (i am 99% sure)

ah i had an idea like that, to check if a cia was created afterwards, i forgot about it, sure i will add that feature - thanks for the reminder!
weird that make_cdn_cia crashed, it is getting fixed at the moment, i think the new version will be much better!
are you using an eshop format game, or a .3ds format game when you play fire emblem? maybe i asked you this before, i forget.

I'm using a (3ds -> Cia converted) eShop format. The conversion was done a few months ago with other tools. I think the problem is with the nature of the DLC, or the game being out of region. Do you have any other ideas? I could try building the game out of make_cdn_cia (I own it on the eShop) and try installing the dlc on that.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm using a (3ds -> Cia converted) eShop format. The conversion was done a few months ago with other tools. I think the problem is with the nature of the DLC, or the game being out of region. Do you have any other ideas? I could try building the game out of make_cdn_cia (I own it on the eShop) and try installing the dlc on that.

well stuff like that will not work. the content is not from your eshop.
the ticket will be ignored with FunkyCIA.
most 3ds to cia conversions (well, virtually all of them), are ugly and incorrect.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
most 3ds to cia conversions (well, virtually all of them), are ugly and incorrect.

will this work with emunand and sysnand unlinked?

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
good day guy, sorry for being a noob, just want to know what does funkycia really do?

A. does everyone can download and play games from eshop with dis tool?

or

B. only specific games legitimately owned/downloaded from eshop can dumped with dis tool? and once cia created it can be shared to every one?

which is the right term to describe this tool?
thanks and have a nice day...

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
good day guy, sorry for being a noob, just want to know what does funkycia really do?

A. does everyone can download and play games from eshop with dis tool?
or
B. only specific games legitimately owned/downloaded from eshop can dumped with dis tool? and once cia created it can be shared to every one?

which is the right term to describe this tool?
thanks and have a nice day...

B :)

Reactions: noctis90210

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like you nailed it again! After reinstalling the CIA with a FunkyCia2'ed Fire Emblem Awakening, all the DLC showed up! Now I just have to get it working with only my owned DLC. XD

Edit: And using the command line arugment -nopatchdlc worked flawlessly, now all my owned DLC is working on my JPN 3ds! Thank you so much! You might want to add -nopatchdlc and -nopatchdemo to the -h argument printout though, as I had to go into the script to find them. :)

Edit2: And that was because I failed to use the right script. I looked at the -h for the original XD

Reactions: cearp

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this can rip dsiware? This must be the first method ever to do that, so there should be a way to convert dsiware .cia to .nds to run on nds emulators?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Looks like you nailed it again! After reinstalling the CIA with a FunkyCia2'ed Fire Emblem Awakening, all the DLC showed up! Now I just have to get it working with only my owned DLC. XD

Edit: And using the command line arugment -nopatchdlc worked flawlessly, now all my owned DLC is working on my JPN 3ds! Thank you so much! You might want to add -nopatchdlc and -nopatchdemo to the -h argument printout though, as I had to go into the script to find them. :)

they show up with '-h' fpr me... :) good you got your desired outcome

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mh, FunkyCIA2 itself seems to be working fine, thanks for that, but I'm having a hard time getting make_cdn_cia working.

It won't compile as it is on linux, with a few changes it compiles but just prints "CETK: error: xs certificate is unrecognized" error-messages.

Using wine with the windows version I was able to bundle at least the demos and updates, but it's crashing on the themes (like it seems to do for some native windows users too) :-/

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Mh, FunkyCIA2 itself seems to be working fine, thanks for that, but I'm having a hard time getting make_cdn_cia working.

It won't compile as it is on linux, with a few changes it compiles but just prints "CETK: error: xs certificate is unrecognized" error-messages.

Using wine with the windows version I was able to bundle at least the demos and updates, but it's crashing on the themes (like it seems to do for some native windows users too) :-/

if you are using the latest source from github, don't, i think it still has bugs.
the original version does not like many content files, eventually it will be fixed

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you are using the latest source from github, don't, i think it still has bugs.
the original version does not like many content files, eventually it will be fixed

yea... well... i also tried going a few versions back, i think i tried nearly every commit concerning that subdirectory, but didn't find any version that worked :-/

it's not really that important, i don't need those CIAs anyway, would just have been fun for testing the themes or something, but i guess i can find them somewhere else anyway.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yea... well... i also tried going a few versions back, i think i tried nearly every commit concerning that subdirectory, but didn't find any version that worked :-/

it's not really that important, i don't need those CIAs anyway, would just have been fun for testing the themes or something, but i guess i can find them somewhere else anyway.

use the FIRST one :) (if you did not already - it builds fine for me on linux and mac) but sure, your choice

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
use the FIRST one :) (if you did not already - it builds fine for me on linux and mac) but sure, your choice

I just tried that, it builds with warnings, and this is what it ends up with:

Code:
CTR_Toolkit - CIA Generator for CDN Content
Version 1.0 (C) 3DSGuy 2013

[!] Caution, Ticket and TMD Title Versions do not match
[!] CETK Title Ver: 0
[!] TMD Title Ver:  160
[1]    2760 floating point exception (core dumped)  ./make_cdn_cia raw/DLC/0004008c00009800/ test.cia

I may try fixing it just for fun, but not today...

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
REMEMBER, if you make a CIA from your bundled game, then it will work on any 3DS, without any hacks/patches! So if my 3DS came with Animal Crossing preinstalled, I could make a CIA of it (use "-noignore" and "-title TITLEID") and when installed on a 3DS of the same region, it would appear 100% legit! It would work in sysnand/classic mode, and you could system transfer it to another 3DS etc :)

Wowowow,
If i use this to install a Cia, can i system transfer that Cia to another 3DS?
Can i do this also when installed by bigbluemenu?

If this is possible, that would be so awesome.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess there are 3 "bundled" games that are on my system despite never having a bundled system to begin with. I wonder if those are the DSiware games I transferred from my DSi some years back.

Thanks, cearp! Trying out now! :yaynds:

EDIT: DSiWare doesn't boot on Emunand. :/

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
This is great, managed to get hold on "Super Mario 3DLand" that got bundled with a system and rip it, Then istalled it on another system, When booting in classic mode, it's now the only installed cia that plays, just like it was bought on the other system :D
Now i need to find friends with other bundled system games :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1