Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
And last question......... I just tried installing some of the demos extracted from the 3DS........ Umm....... I can't see the newly installed "Programs" in "DevMenu" so how can I remove them?

Ninja Edit : It seems I can just access Data Management in emuNAND to delete them. Nevermind...... ^^

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
And last question......... I just tried installing some of the demos extracted from the 3DS........ Umm....... I can't see the newly installed "Programs" in "DevMenu" so how can I remove them?

did they install and show up on the home menu? if so, they really should be in devmenu...

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
They don't appear in DevMenu at all. However it seems you can access Data Management in emuNAND. I just deleted them there.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a 3DS XL with Animal Crossing (Bundle game, pre-installed)
But she is in 9.5.0-22E

No way to dump the légit game ?

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading a bunch of game updates since I don't know when I'll be back on the eshop. Will this work for game updates and is it the best way to take them off the system and into .cia format? Thanks!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm downloading a bunch of game updates since I don't know when I'll be back on the eshop. Will this work for game updates and is it the best way to take them off the system and into .cia format? Thanks!

this works for all eshop content yes :) i think it's the best idea yes

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped all of my carts when GW 3.0 hit and converted them to CIA. I took my tickets and created backups of everything, eShop and retail games. Trying to install them now onto my N3DS and a lot of them are coming up invalid in DevMenu. I know that's what happens with non-legit CIAs, but is there anyway to get my retail CIAs working or will I have to dump them all over again?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I dumped all of my carts when GW 3.0 hit and converted them to CIA. I took my tickets and created backups of everything, eShop and retail games. Trying to install them now onto my N3DS and a lot of them are coming up invalid in DevMenu. I know that's what happens with non-legit CIAs, but is there anyway to get my retail CIAs working or will I have to dump them all over again?

when you say your 'retail CIAs', is that the carts you dumped and converted to cia yourself?
FunkyCIA should only be used for (and i try to make it so) for actual eshop content

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There currently is no way to get the ticket.db file from a New 3DS, right?

Too bad that Roxas75 doesn't plan to make his tool compatible with the new revision, as I have most of my eShop games on my New 3DS. It's not that much of a problem as I'll mostly plan to transfer all my import games from my US and Japanese systems to my New 3DS to have everything on one system, but I'd still like to make proper backups of all my games.

I guess we just have to wait until someone figures out a way to generate NAND Xorpads on the New 3DS.

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well yeah, .3ds roms converted to CIA eshop format are not legit at all - if you are saying that you got FunkyCIA to recreate those CIAs, i'm not surprised they didn't work

Yeah that was my bad, I must've skimmed over the part where it only allowed legit CIA generation. Is there any other program that would allow those CIAs to be read? If not, I'll have to rip and convert them all over again, which sadly isn't the most time-friendly task. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing of the sort exists given that it'd aid in piracy, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, does anyone know how to firmware spoof/patch Mario & Luigi Dream Team (U) v1.1 update so it works on CFW 4.5?

I've tried converting to CCI, then renaming the CCI to 3DS, and converting or creating with makerom, however that doesn't work.

The game works with firmware spoofing/patching before applying the v1.1 update on CFW 4.5 and I've read the update is important for offline gameplay. Thank you.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi, does anyone know how to firmware spoof/patch Mario & Luigi Dream Team (U) v1.1 update so it works on CFW 4.5?
I've tried converting to CCI, then renaming the CCI to 3DS, and converting or creating with makerom, however that doesn't work.
The game works with firmware spoofing/patching before applying the v1.1 update on CFW 4.5 and I've read the update is important for offline gameplay. Thank you.

hmm, ask in a different thread, this tool is specifically used for making CIAs that are NOT patched, altered etc :)
if the update does not work on CFW, then that is a shame. not everything can be made able to work with CFW, if it can work, there is nothing specific to mario + luigi etc.
i'm not sure exactly how to patch stuff for CFW anyway, thankfully i don't need to use it. good luck

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi cerp, thank you for the tool and I can ask in another thread or possibly start a new thread.

However, while I agree and undertand with what you said, I also must at the very least include the 2 quotes below. :)
UPDATE - FunkyCIA "2.1":

• Patch to give permission for all DLC (not just the piece of DLC you bought). = buy one theme, get permission for them all. buy one piece of dlc for a game, be able to use them all.
  • Patch to remove demo play limit. = Demo games will not be limited to 30 plays, or 5 plays etc, they are unlimited. (You are able to disable DLC and demo patching if desired)
hmm, ask in a different thread, this tool is specifically used for making CIAs that are NOT patched, altered etc :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dirt cheap, but its only 5400 rpm. But still be good for music/photo/ etc backup
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dumb ass was searching for a replacement for my remote using the TVs model number instead of the Model number on the remote still fuck TVs that don't work with universal remotes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My dumb ass was searching for a replacement for my remote using the TVs model number instead of...