ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This conversations tends to be like the cfw morality argument two years ago. I think the best is to wait because what will be, will be

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@d0k3 if you know how FunkyCIA works, we need the ticket.
but with FunKeyCIA, you don't need the ticket, just the encrypted title key.
that value is in the ticket.
the decrypted value is not needed for us, because... of course, the 3ds will handle the decryption when we install the cia :)
we need a way to get encrypted keys out of the 3ds.
extracting the ticket.db, then the keys from those tickets is possiblr, but it needs to be done on the pc currently.
or, is there a homebrew tool to dump encrypted keys?

it is technically possible to reencrypt the dumped decrypted keys, but this functionality would also have to be added, and seems a bit backwards, why not just dump the encrypted values straight away.

whatever format you want is ok, as long as it has the title id and encrytped key, and is parsable.

this method is virtually the same as FunkyCIA, what i shared because existing old method of cdnto3ds cia sharing was a bit ugly.
unfortunately failect revived that old method, didn't seem happy to be told it was inferior, and really missed some key points and understandings about the whole thing.
he didn't beleive we can redownload 'pirated' content, he was sharing the decrypted keys for those legit preinstalled cias, which is useless... the important thing about them which makes them legit is the ticket...
just lots of misunderstandings which he didn't want to hear about, and telling me i am wrong...
so, i made this tool to do what i did before wi FunkyCIA, give people better cias.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 if you know how FunkyCIA works, we need the ticket.
but with FunKeyCIA, you don't need the ticket, just the encrypted title key.
that value is in the ticket.
the decrypted value is not needed for us, because... of course, the 3ds will handle the decryption when we install the cia :)
we need a way to get encrypted keys out of the 3ds.
extracting the ticket.db, then the keys from those tickets is possiblr, but it needs to be done on the pc currently.
or, is there a homebrew tool to dump encrypted keys?

it is technically possible to reencrypt the dumped decrypted keys, but this functionality would also have to be added, and seems a bit backwards, why not just dump the encrypted values straight away.

whatever format you want is ok, as long as it has the title id and encrytped key, and is parsable.

this method is virtually the same as FunkyCIA, what i shared because existing old method of cdnto3ds cia sharing was a bit ugly.
unfortunately failect revived that old method, didn't seem happy to be told it was inferior, and really missed some key points and understandings about the whole thing.
he didn't beleive we can redownload 'pirated' content, he was sharing the decrypted keys for those legit preinstalled cias, which is useless... the important thing about them which makes them legit is the ticket...
just lots of misunderstandings which he didn't want to hear about, and telling me i am wrong...
so, i made this tool to do what i did before wi FunkyCIA, give people better cias.
Okay, so, in short: The ticket must contain the encrypted titlekey to be valid, correct?

Also, you said we could reencrypt on PC? How, if we don't have the slot0x3D keyX?

Last edited by d0k3,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Okay, so, in short: The ticket must contain the encrypted titlekey to be valid, correct?

Also, you said we can reencrypt on PC? How, if we don't have the slot0x3D keyX?
ah well to be VALID as in signed no, but for the ticket/cia to not interfere with eshop, it needs the correct titlekey yes :)
ooh maybe my mistake or maybe you misunderstood, we can't encrypt on the pc, but we can extract the keys (encrypted keys) from the ticket.db.
we just need a nice way to dump encrypted title keys, without dumping the ticket.db and running a python tool on the computer.
because decrypt9 can dump decrypted title keys (yes?) i hoped it could dump the normal, encrypted keys too.
in the same format as decrypted keys would be fine, to keep things standard.

it would be great to have this all on the 3ds, and then with my homebrew idea i pm'd you about, things could get very slick, all on the 3ds!

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

demon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Also, you said we could reencrypt on PC? How, if we don't have the slot0x3D keyX?

Think Cearp means , we can get the encTitleKeys.bin with dumpTicketKeys.py from a ticket.db on a pc.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The titles keys are encrypted/decrypted using keyslot 0x3D (which is the same for all consoles) and the title ID (as IV), according to 3DBrew.
It should possible to encrypt the title keys even if you don't have the title I guess...

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The titles keys are encrypted/decrypted using keyslot 0x3D (which is the same for all consoles) and the title ID (as IV), according to 3DBrew.
It's possible to encrypt the title keys even if you don't have the title I guess...
Lol it sounds weird and jankey as fuck right? You would have to ask @cearp why things are done this way.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed a random title/ticket from the text file, and it turned out to be the Mii Plaza DLC. Downloaded and made the .cia fine (ticket.db from my N3DS). Installed without error into my o3ds. But... the extra games don't show up.

EDID: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid... I don't have the latest Mii Plaza installed on my O3DS sysnand. Just installed the .cia on emunand with the latest Mii Plaza installed (with the latest FBI even... in the past, I could only use devmenu or BBM for DLC to work when made with FunkyCIA2. Not sure if it's because of this method, or because of the FBI rewrite), and it works!

Long live FunkeyCIA!

Last edited by urherenow,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
So... In this program you're generating a ticket using a template. I suggest modifying this to just generate the tickets, install them through this: https://github.com/yifanlu/3DSSystemTools/tree/master/3DSInstallTickets, and installing the games from the eshop.
We could have an online repository to download the keys from, generate and install the tickets, all on the console. And also have a function to upload them. Cool stuff.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In light of my above edit... do .CIA's made with this pretty much behave like preinstalled games? I don't feel like flashing a non-a9lh nand right now to test if it will play without CFW or not...

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In light of my above edit... do .CIA's made with this pretty much behave like preinstalled games? I don't feel like flashing a non-a9lh nand right now to test if it will play without CFW or not...
Sadly not. The ticket still has that pesky RSA signature. These tickets are not signed, despite having the correct title key.

Reactions: cearp

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Still needs to be signed, as stated above your own post (I think you were ninjad). But These are not tied to any NNID, so without signatures, this is as close as we can get, I imagine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1