[Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by cearp, Apr 15, 2016.

1. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Germany
    As I said, not without a good explanation of why this is useful. Also, it would be enough to be able to dump your encrypted titlekeys from your NAND or wouldn't it?

2. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ooh yeah that is the python script i quickly edited to output the keys to a txt! :)

ok, we would benefit from titleid+keys to txt dumping because: the current method requires us to dump the 36mb ticket.db file, then use that script i just edited and shared in the OP to output them, it's convoluted, we need python, it would be so much neater if you run the homebrew and BAM on your sd card there is a text file containing just what we need... :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

dump the encrypted title id and encrypted key (straight from the ticket) in plain text, maybe in csv format or something standardized like that, it would be fantastic!

3. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Ok this is gonna be a big post and super vague since I suck lol so theres this app http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...3ds-with-just-a-title-id-and-titlekey.422144/ that lets you download content in the 3DS or CIA format the the resulting CIA is not good it would fail at 99% when trying to get that title from the eshop among other little things and @cearp fixed this with FunkeyCIA but now we need to use Encrypted versions of those same keys the previous app used for this new app to work.

noctis90210 likes this.
  4. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Hi cearp, there is one small problem, a lot games are now crypto, i've tried to check how i can get around this.

First try was to fetch the files example 00000000, decrypt them, cryptofix, encrypt again to use make_cdn_cia.

Example:
    openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -d -in 00000000 -out 00000000.dec -nosalt -nopad -K <decrypted key> -iv 00050000000000000000000000000000
    FIX in 3DS with d9 inlcuding seed
    openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -e -in 0000000.fixed -out 00000000 -nosalt -nopad -K <decrypted key> -iv 00050000000000000000000000000000

Since the .tmd got the hashes for alle files inside, it would only work to update it or install will fail.
    Should be easy, but i didn't have the time to look into generating a working new hash.

The in my dirty way would to install crypto games and repair them in eshop.

Alternative we would need to update seedsave.bin like we talked earlier about it.

cearp likes this.
  5. temper999

temper999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Since I am not able to compile my self, could someone else provide the windows exe:
    https://github.com/YodaDaCoda/make_cdn_cia

BerserkLeon likes this.
  6. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    temper999 likes this.
  7. temper999

temper999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hmm there is still Version 1.0 (C) 3DSGuy 2013 written.
    Is this realy the new one?

8. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    maybe that one he uploaded is not new. but for most things, the fixed newer version is not needed. but i agree, when if someone compiles for windows i can update the zip in the OP.
    i have the fixed source somewhere on my old computer

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i imagine updating the seed db would be the cleanest method... but is it the best way? and enough?

9. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    @cearp just want to ask do u think the one who made the nfshost have Also the database of encrypted the title key? Maybe he doesnt released it yet cuz he is not aware that this/funkeycia will exist the moment he made that web page?

10. pikatsu

pikatsu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    Good news that you are back

11. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    No, everything added was the decrypted keys. Since we had a way to decrypt them, maybe @d0k3 could add encrypt to decrypt9.

@cearp

It should be, installing the cia updates the ticket in .db, the seed should allow to read the crypted parts properly.

When i'm back i can test a few things like installing a game i never had before and add the seed manualy.

cearp and noctis90210 like this.
  12. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Germany
    Well, this is still not an actual explanation as to why you need it. I don't like introducing a new format, too. The current decTitleKeys.bin format is fine and easily readable for any software (for any human with a hex editor, too).

So... I assume you need those encrypted titleKeys, so that correct tickets (with encrypted, not decrypted titleKeys) can be generated? Is that the cause you need them? You can also just point me to a post that explains what you're doing with those encrypted titlekeys. But, please, give me an explanation. I won't add more features to D9 without clearly understanding their use (counting all, we have 111 features in there now already).

Also, @cearp wrote that PlaiCDN does generated differing CIAs with the same title ID / decrypted titlekey combo. Is that correct and can you eloborate on that? I somewhat know the PlaiCDN code, so I'm wondering why that can happen.

13. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    So we need to wait again for someone to share their encypted key... I hope buliding an encypted title key database will be fast like the nfshost (nfshost was made few days after plaicdn was released).

14. temper999

temper999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yes. The generated CIA's have different checksums.
    Used the same title and decrypted keys.

Last edited by temper999, Apr 15, 2016
  15. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I don't think people want a D9 feature but more of a little python script where you would drag that decTitleKeys.bin into it and have them all re-encrypted but in a text format that one could copy and paste for use with FunkeyCIA I can only assume you were tagged since your good with this kind of stuff. Who knows maybe i'm wrong and to re-encrypt those keys you need a 3DS and that's why you're mentioning D9 :unsure:

16. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Germany
    I am not good with that Python kind of stuff, in fact I have never ever written even a two line program in Python, All the Python stuff in Decrypt9 is written by other people. Anyways, that being said, you can't reencrypt a titlekey on PC, you need a 3DS. The keyX for that is not known (the keyY is).

Plailect needs to know, we need to figure that out.

17. Ptrk25

Ptrk25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 6, 2015
    Germany
    ::1
    So should I join? :D Well @cearp good work.

Last edited by Ptrk25, Apr 15, 2016
    cearp and Xenosaiga like this.
  18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    plailect was informed and he acted like a bit of a .....well that aside cearp made this because when he informed plailect about the issues with the method he was using he was quite hostile towards ceap and started throwing around the *you know nothing john cearp" mantra

noctis90210 and cearp like this.
  19. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    we should just be able to just re-encrypt the decrypted keys i would imagine

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted