[Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Olmectron, Sep 17, 2015.

1. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Well, I just don't know exactly how to use it. I open it up and then I get a Winrar Archive. Am I downloading the right thing? Or is there a specific folder I need to access?

2. lea

lea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    let me google that for you

EDIT: unless your talking about the .jar file in which case let me google that for you

Last edited by lea, Apr 8, 2017
  3. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    I understand how to launch the file, I am just confused as how to launch the program. I just see a bunch of CLASS files and no application.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You weren't supposed to extract the .jar, which is why you have CLASS files. Redownload the program and do not extract the .jar.

5. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    How do I use the program then? I get a .rar file, and when I open it, I see no application. I am very sorry for the annoyance, for I am very new at this.

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Can you provide a screenshot of what it looks like when you open/extract the .rar? That would be more helpful.

7. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States

Attached Files:

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    1. Re-download FireEditor-v0.5-35-alpha.rar.
    2. Extract it (do not extract the .rar inside of it) to a folder.
    3. Then provide a screenshot.

Do you have Java installed? I literally just downloaded it and I see a .jar inside of FireEditor-0.5-35-alpha.rar. https://imgur.com/a/6ksnn

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Apr 8, 2017
  9. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    I do (now). But still, when I do it, I get the same thing. I extract the entire thing to my desktop and nothing has changed.

Attached Files:

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You extracted the contents of the .jar. You don't need to do that. All you need to do is double click the .jar.

1. Re-extract FireEditor-v0.5-35-alpha.rar to a folder.
    2. DO NOT EXTRACT THE .jar/.rar inside of FireEditor-v0.5-35-alpha.rar. That is the application.
    3. Double click on the .jar to open the editor. If it opens WinRAR, you don't have Java or the most recent version of it installed.

Download this. This is the .jar for the latest stable version. Double click it and if it opens to WinZip or a different program that's not the editor, you do not have Java installed.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Apr 8, 2017
    AgahnimD likes this.
  11. SoMorgo

SoMorgo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    IT WORKED!!!! Thank you so much!

KunoichiZ likes this.
  12. Jouslyn

Jouslyn Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    How can I edit the internal stat? I dont see it anywhere :cry:

Edit: Try to download the latest build and I can see it now. Thank you!

Last edited by Jouslyn, Apr 13, 2017
  13. maraxusofk

maraxusofk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    I am currently using the latest version of the save editor v0.2.3: but I do not see the unlock all convoy items options anywhere. The only modification options I can see is for stats and that's it. Was the option removed since the alpha?

edit; using the .35 alpha and FEAST, I can create a compressed save file but loading it via JKSV will just give me a file without any saves at all.

Last edited by maraxusofk, Apr 14, 2017
  14. Relic Song

Relic Song GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2015
    United States
    The latest build is unstable and incomplete, more of a testing build if anything.

15. maraxusofk

maraxusofk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Gotcha. Thanks mate. In that case, how would I go about importing the .35 alpha save file? JKSV returns me an empty file when I import both the compressed and decompresed file.

16. yutakk

yutakk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Belgium
    Hello!
    For some reason, I can't seem to be able to launch the latest nightly?
    I'm still able to open the previous ones as well as the stable one, it's just this one specific build that just...won't open.
    I double-click on it like I do with the others and it does nothing.

Other people don't seem to have that problem, so I assume it comes from my side, but I don't know where so...does anyone know what could be causing this?

EDIT : Never mind, somehow fixed it by editing the "settings" file.
    In the file, there was the "gui_lang=fr" line(which I assume was created automatically because my computer is in French?). I changed "fr" to "en" and now it opens normally.

Last edited by yutakk, Apr 15, 2017
  17. KaguraAru

KaguraAru Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    I have the editor open, but which file do I select to see my save file on the editor? On my SD card I go Saves folder on JKSV and then from there to my Fire Emblem Awakening folder. After that, I select the folder I named "Awakening" and I see 4 files: Chapter0, Chapter1, Global, and Map0.

Nevermind, I figured out what I did wrong. I needed to decompress my file. -_-

Last edited by KaguraAru, Apr 17, 2017
  18. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
  19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    1. Use JKSM to extract your save file. Find where JKSV extracted your save file to and move that folder to your computer. For example, if I named my Awakening save file "save1", I'll move the save1 folder inside of SD:/JKSV/Saves/Fire_Emblem_Awakening.
    2. Open FEAST. Choose Open Compressed folder. Choose your save file folder, in my case, save1.
    3. Choose Save Decompressed Folder and it'll save the decompressed save files to <folder name>_dec, i.e. save1_dec.
    4. Open save file in <folder name>_dec in FireEditor. Make changes and save.
    5. In FEAST, choose Open Decompressed Folder and choose the <folder name>_dec folder.
    6. Choose Save Compressed Folder and it will make a folder called <folder name>_cmp, i.e. save1_cmp.
    7. Move that folder to your JKSV/Saves/Fire_Emblem_Awakening folder and reimport your saves with JKSM.

maraxusofk likes this.
  20. scorcher9009

scorcher9009 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    So has anyone found out whether or not we can hack characters like Raimi, Validar, Phila, etc into the group through save editing? I know I've seen a video where the person was playing as Phila, but I don't know if that was save editing or ROM Hacking.

Last edited by scorcher9009, Apr 20, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted